Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2010, 18:26   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Also, please get a proper child seat for your baby. Link to related thread
Old 14th September 2010, 18:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

usualy children are more accomodating than we think. lack of salt, cold food etc doesn't bother them as much as it bothers us.

Here in US we use gerber foods for kids, so keeping miniature size bottles is not any different from what he ate at home, but we do keep other stuff like biscuits, cheese puffs, small juice boxes etc. I am against junk food but these are the times I don't mind it, probably twice an year. we had a portable warmer but don't remember using it much. My sons took milk at regular temperature, and sometimes it was so hot outside we thought they actually should have cold milk/juice from the cooler (not freezing temperature though).

remember not to overfeed which can cause throw-ups. and keep giving water regularly. Read about burping to avoid throw ups in parenthood thread.
Old 4th October 2010, 12:17   #18

The baby is quite young. She needs a great care while travelling. Edible items that you have listed can be kept for longer days. These things can be given to the baby according to her daily routine. But about the milk, you will have to do some arrangements like hot bottles to keep it fresh. Also, after feeding, I am sure she will let you enjoy the travelling.
Old 4th October 2010, 15:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksrinivasv View Post
Hello Friends,

I am planning a first day trip for my 9 month old baby. Any idea while we enjoy our trip, we also make sure that our baby's food schedule and habit does not get interrupted. Need to know how can I ensure that she gets her daily food properly. Any TBHPians who travel with their babies. How do you manage ? My princess eats cerelac, Marie and Glucose biscuits and Milk. Need to know how do you prepare baby food while you travel and also ensure that you also enjoy the trip.

Srinivas
Srinivas, you get bottled food at Dorabjee's @ Camp. Usually, we pick up Gerber or Heinz, it's got a different flavor & taste than the usual dal, rice combination. A baby can do with 1 small bottle for a meal. My kid loved the new food so much he usually gobbles up 2 small bottles of Gerber. Just be careful not to store any once you open up a bottle, it spoils fast.

Most Viewed