Team-BHP - Rear Ended by A bullock cart
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Rear Ended by A bullock cart (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/89261-rear-ended-bullock-cart.html)

Today while coming to office I was waiting at a crossing which is actually not a signal in CV Raman Nagar and suddenly I hear a *thud*.

I see from the RVM and see a bullock :D rolled my windows down and see a bullock cart behind my car. Got down and checked to find a minor scratch near the tail lamp. I asked the 'Driver' (that's what we call him right?) what the hell was he up to? The driver was speechless. I saw the bullock and it was very heart breaking to see him carrying all the load.

I had nothing to say out of pity. If I questioned the driver, he would blame the animal. So I just cursed the driver for using an animal to earn a living for him and moved on.

How would you react to such a situation? I wished there was someone who could help these poor animals and save them from such idiotic morons.

You guessed the right. The inertia due to the load makes it difficult for the animal to stop with the least braking distance when its master commands it to.
Poor animals. I feel for the poor creatures. It is a sin to overburden animals used for domestic help and moreso if not well fed.
I have seen worse. When I was small, I saw a load carrier beat his animal mercilessly on the road just because the animal could not get up on its feet. His master was whacking the daylights of the poor animal and continued to do so even after passer bys asked him to stop. It had a profound impact of grief on my mind at that tender age. Thank God there is an afterlife to make things even.

@Googleman - This is really horrifying to hear. Rather than the scratch, I'm more worried about the mentality of people where this is all leading to. Let me elaborate my thoughts...

I've been rear ended by a Sumo & Splendor about 2-3 months ago on different days & both the incidents occurred when I was waiting for signal from traffic cop. Both of them accepted their mistake & both of them were of opinion, "small incident, do not shout & blow it, things like these happens sometimes".

Splendor, sumo, bullock cart, now what? I've even heard a group of 7-8 years old kids from slum walking casually with the cap of soda scrapping on the cars that were parked in panagal park T.Nagar. Every car's bonnet had a big horizontal line!!!

I'm more worried hearing such incidents as what all hurdles should a vehicle owner face in the future. May be a walking pedestrian with mobile phone would rear end the car & threaten to file a FIR unless he's taken care of.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez
The inertia due to the load makes it difficult for the animal to stop with the least braking distance when its master commands it to.

Sorry, I can't agree to this for one reason. Why doesn't the moron sitting on the cart realize the burden & command the animal well in advance? The animal is quite intelligent than the moron that it obeys its master at the time he commands. Couldn't the moron consider all these facts & command it earlier? This is purely due to carelessness. Too much of freedom is spoiling the country :Frustrati

Guys I am more considered about the way they use these animals.

Is there any kind of institution which stops these? I thought if you hit a dog on street and someone complained, you could be fined. What about these kind of worthless people? They aren't skilled enough to earn their living by themselves and hence use animals.

There should be someone to stop this injustice happening on the poor animals.

The SPCA is only interested in cats & dogs. Maneka are you listening.

You can complain to PFA and SPCA. They rescue such abused animals, and also punish/fine their owners. Though they seem to be interested in dogs and cats, I have read many reports of overloaded animal trucks being stopped and challaned by squads. Even animal abuse(bullock carts) is checked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 2079033)
You can complain to PFA and SPCA. They rescue such abused animals, and also punish/fine their owners. Though they seem to be interested in dogs and cats, I have read many reports of overloaded animal trucks being stopped and challaned by squads. Even animal abuse(bullock carts) is checked.

Tha PFA and the SPCA do this!:Shockked: I would assume that only the traffic police could challan a vehicle and that too for maybe something like overloading. For cruelty to animals, my guess is no.

The police does the work, but SPCA/PFA squads accompany police teams. Actual stuff is done by police only.
If an animal is pulling a cart, traffic police cannot challan for overloading. PFA/SPCA special squads along with police book the violater and its a criminal offense, not a challan

How could I complain about such issues? I see lots of Bullock carts running around in CV Raman Area. I would happy to contribute any amount of time if there is a positive feedback from SPCA or PFA.