Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 17:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

I think Fast Track only operates A/c cabs from Airport hence the rate difference. The Prepaid Taxi Union operated taxi have a lower rate as compared to Fast Track. You could possibly use them instead of Fast Track, you may have to live with an Amby which is not much of an issue anyways.
Old 18th October 2010, 20:09   #17
NFS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
I think Fast Track only operates A/c cabs from Airport hence the rate difference. The Prepaid Taxi Union operated taxi have a lower rate as compared to Fast Track. You could possibly use them instead of Fast Track, you may have to live with an Amby which is not much of an issue anyways.
I was not told about this at the Airport counter, but after your message, I checked on their website and looks like you are correct. Rs:450 quoted against AC Indica/Indigo.

Did check with the Taxi Union Operated service and found it to be 375/- for this same distance. Still high compared to my home to airport trip where I paid 200 for Non-AC.

NFS
Old 19th October 2010, 15:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Easy cab turned out to be new Auto Wallahs of Bangalore. These guys looting passengers like anything. Even they done to me also and had big fight.

They used to show some fake photocopy document which says rates has been increased . Each taxi driver says different rates. Some says 10 Rs per 100 Rupees bill. Means if your bill came 645 Rupees then they demand 70 Rupees extra. Yesterday one of my apartment neighbor came from Airport from Easy cab and driver was demanding excess fare. Luckily I was there. Same thing they done to me during May - June. I clearly told driver, I will call Police and hand you over. He was demanding 100 Rs extra.

These guys showing that fake document for last 4 - 5 months of increased fare. If any increase happens Easy Cab/Meru Cab first calibrate their meter. I generally feel that Easy Cab drivers are rude similar to Auto Drivers. They don't fear of doing complain to operator.

Guys, if you opting for Easy Cab beware of this trick. Just pay whatever bill you get from meter.
Old 23rd November 2010, 17:24   #19

Meru cab services

Well! sad to hear about the experience you had. Generally, they are fair and we know exceptions are always there. Last month I visited my friend residing in Bangalore near JP nagar. I got my taxi from the airport with Meru just by calling at 4422 4422 .
Old 23rd November 2010, 18:24   #20
BHPian

Had horrible experice with Green Cabs (Maturi Run) where they ditched at the last moment. Had to call a colleague to drop me to the airport since there was noone willing ot come at the last minute...
Old 29th November 2010, 17:27   #21
Team-BHP Support

I was flying to Delhi last week so had called Meru and Easycabs for a cab.

Both of them seem to have come with a statement saying they cannot guarantee a cab within 35min of your call. Not that it won't come within 35min, 35min is their window time.

Plus, if you book a cab for a time within 1 hr of your call, the booking charge is Rs. 25. If you book a cab for any time within the next 24hrs, it is Rs. 50.

Another thing, Meru promises card payment facility in their cab; in the 2 cabs that I took, they did not have it!
Old 24th December 2010, 15:05   #22
BHPian

Re: Radio Taxi Service - Deficient Services

In Delhi, these Radio Cab are completely unreliable. I have booked a CAB at 5 AM in morning 24 hours back with quick cab,s to go to Old delhi railway station . at around 4.15 AM i called up for CAB only to be told that CAB is not available . with no options , i choosed to wait for a auto on the road side at 4.30 In Morning december weather . paid 200 bucks and come back in metro .
Old 26th December 2010, 21:54   #23
mgh
BHPian

Was using Spot Taxi for going to HAL airport in 2006 ( a distance of 2.5 kms). Their service at that time was on the spot. They arrived at promised time. Recently, friends of ours needed to go from near Mount Carmel college to Yeshwantpur station early in the morning, and called Spot Taxi.The driver kept saying that he will turn up, but never did. Fortunately, they could get an auto in time.
As far as the Volvo buses are concerned, you have to have arrangements to get dropped at one of their bus stops in time while going to the airport. Good thing while coming back in a Volvo is that they will stop wherever you ask them on their route.Late at night, that is a good option only if you are at a short distance from the main road on their route. Coming from the airport, is now hassle free if you take a Meru Cab, they come by the meter and their drivers seem to be courteous and helpful.
My experience of Easy cabs is also that they are totally unreliable. They will take a booking and inform you at the last moment that there are no cabs in your area. From what I hear, most other cabs have the same problem. Unless a cab happens to be in your area when you want it, and is free,the chances are poor. They do not appear to plan to provide you with a vehicle, even if you have booked well in advance.
Old 13th March 2012, 12:12   #24
BHPian

Something that bothers me about all cab companies is that, they let the drivers, and sometimes the passengers as well, to smoke a cigarette in the cab. This is not a suitation that non & ex-smokers would consider to be desirable.

Most Viewed