Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2005, 23:44   #1
BHPian

My New Sonata Embera..crashed !!!

hi all am here after a long time.actually had this accident broke my elbow!i got my embera 40 days back..i have an esteem96..and a hyundai santro2002..so its my 1st big car.i had just logged 150kms total..i took it for a long drive..it was raining and on the curve of a flyover..i understeered n over braked..hit the guardrail..and i was also stupid enough i wasnot wearing my seat belts..so hit my elbow somewhere n fractured it..car still in garage.
the santro u see in the picture is also mine.
guys feeling really stupid..i have been driving fir 4 years..had never ever crashed..guess i was driving fast abt 125km/hr+..am really sad..my moms livid with me..almost got kicked outof my house !!

Last edited by karizma_devil : 8th December 2005 at 23:48.
Old 8th December 2005, 23:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sad dude really sad.....

well its not too late to learn... dont drive fast when its wet... luckily you didn't kill anyone.... get well soon.... and chill... deep down ur folks are happy that you are safe....
Old 8th December 2005, 23:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Atleast ur pretty ok dude...crash at 125kmph can get worse than this. Well, hope u and ur car are back on the road soon.

Drive safe guys
Old 8th December 2005, 23:59   #4
BHPian

i would post the pictures of my crashed car in few days,,its black colour..is a piece of beauty that i destroyed...but man it feels great driving that car
Old 9th December 2005, 09:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Glad to know you are fine
That must have been pretty scary experience

Quote:
and i was also stupid enough i wasnot wearing my seat belts..so hit my elbow somewhere n fractured it..car still in garage.
classic human mentality
"i know seat belts are necessary but I am a safe driver"
and sonata has visual indicator for seat belt
i assume it must have audio alarm too ?

Quote:
it was raining and on the curve of a flyover..i understeered n over braked..hit the guardrail.
doesn't new sonata has EBD ?
also did air bags get deployed?
Old 9th December 2005, 10:05   #6
BHPian

Glad to hear you are okay but really unhappy to hear about the damage to the car. 150 km on the odo and an accident ouch !
Old 9th December 2005, 10:42   #7
BHPian

.I presume the damage to your Embera is not so bad.I know how it feels to have your brand new car smashed or even scratched!It's very painful and stays with you for a long time.Look on the bright side,you're here to post this thread on TBhp and that's what counts.Your car can be repaired and will be as good as new.You neever know when accidents happen,just be careful when you're out on the road.Cheers!
Old 9th December 2005, 11:28   #8
BHPian

ya this sonata has ABS..dual front air bags..and also seat belts with pre-tensioners! but man when your used to driving low end car like santro..n suddenly u find your self with a babe like sonata(2.4liter,4-cyllinder,165ps,max torque of 24kgm@4250rpm!)...i could only imagine going at 150kms/hrs earlier while playing need for speed underground-2..so i was very exited few minutes before the crash i saw i was 125..then you know guys it was my first time in a car so fast..i only drove fast with my karizma..man but the power you get out of embera is awesome..feels like am sitting on a beast ! it was dark and raining also..before i could realize i had smashed..and about the seat belt guys i had just taken it off because my chest was itching !!!! how stupid !
and can anyone tell me how does this ABS works?? i mean i never felt anything when i crashed !!please guys
Old 9th December 2005, 11:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

dude...good that you got saved...but after 4 years of driving ,dont u realise that driving fast on a wet bridge is very risky ...your tires will aquaplane above 100 kph ...you are only to be blamed for this crash...

about ABS its Anti -Skid -Braking ...when brakes are applied ..the ABS will sense which of your wheels is getting locked and hence skidding ...so it will momentarily release the brake on that particular wheel and then again apply the brake as soon as the skid is prevented ...thats why u get that pumping feel when braking in an ABS car...

ABS or no ABS...bad driving always ends in something bad....so next time drive safe..
Old 9th December 2005, 11:47   #10
BHPian

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/anti-lock-brake.htm

Check this out to know how ABS works.
Old 9th December 2005, 12:01   #11
Team-BHP Support

It was raining, you were doing over 125km/h on Indian roads in your brand new car and not wearing a seat belt? Dude, even my mother would have kicked me out of the house for such a deed. You know our road and traffic conditions, so why take a chance? How often have we discussed the importance of wearing seatbelts?
Old 9th December 2005, 12:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

The accident sucks dude. But you suck even more. :( *** did you think you were doing? Anyway, it is good you are fine. And please, DO NOT post the pictures of the car. It will make me cry.
Old 9th December 2005, 12:56   #13
Team-BHP Support

Ok guys, I think he feels bad enough about the accident and he admits it was foolish on his part not to wear seatbelts. Lets leave it at that. His fractured hand will serve as enough of a reminder to buckle up the next time he is in a car.
Old 9th December 2005, 14:10   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya

about ABS its Anti -Skid -Braking ..
ABS= Anti-Lock Braking System.. works exactly how Satya has described..
Old 9th December 2005, 14:15   #15
Senior - BHPian

A lesson for you . Wear seat belt. Just coz you have a great car with bells and whistles dont make you safe. Remember Diana ?

Last edited by jkdas : 9th December 2005 at 14:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks