Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2014, 15:56   #196
BHPian

Re: Your On Road Signature (Driving Habits)

Interesting thread. Well, hear goes mine,

1. Keep my bag behind the driver's seat.
2. Get in the car, start it, put my phone on charge and keep my wallet on the center console.
3. Reverse the car out of the garage, let the car idle as its a turbo diesel while i close the garage door and put my sun glasses on.
4. While parking, I ensure that the car is within the yellow lines and is facing straight. My wife thinks I have an acute OCD with parking my car.
5. While coming back home, I switch off the AC a km before my home and drive sedately in 2nd or 3rd gear till I reach home. I let the car idle for a min or so while I open the garage door, turn off the music and park my car inside the garage.
Old 30th May 2014, 16:02   #197
Senior - BHPian

Re: Your On Road Signature (Driving Habits)

Before I start driving

- The first thing that I do is to ensure that I have a quick look at all the four tyres before I get in.
- Interiors have to be clean so if floor mats need to be taken out & dusted I do it and also ensure that I don't see dust settled anywhere inside the car. I just can't drive my car with dust visible anywhere inside (dashboard, seats etc.)
- I always carry the car papers, stereo mouth & USB back home whenever I park the car for the day so they have to be put in before I drive. I've got a decent ICE system in place and cannot afford to drive without it being ON.

Three of my signature On-road habits
- Both ORVMs remain open all the time. I'm updated on whatever's happening behind me at all times. A quick glance at the IRVM/ORVM is very frequent for me.
- I NEVER tailgate. In case someone is tailgating me I slow down and let him pass. Its one of my worst nightmares to be rear-ended or rear-ending someone so I'm very very very cautious here
- Lastly, and I'm most proud of this habit, I ALWAYS assume that whatever moving (or not) objects I see can collide with my car and I'm as defensive in driving as it can get

Most Viewed