Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2005, 20:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

HP petrol pump on karve road

hello everyone,

about an hour ago I had gon to HP petrol pump on karve road to fill fuel in my Honda Dio.
i asked person over there to fill tank full with power petrol
the total volume of petrol came to be 4.67 Ltrs which by rate in Pune came to be 239.7 Rs.
Now I gave my card for the payment, on which that person swapped 240 Rs. I asked him reason to which shock & horror his response was "its easy for calculation"
I went straight away to the person incharge over there, he was also surprised & came out & shouted at that guy on which that guy gave me 25 paise
I mean WTF?
don't get me wrong, its not about money
I was not fighting for my 30 paise but the persons whole attitude was absolutly shocking
but I did one mistake of not filling complaint form

I came home logged on straight away to HP website
Where I found their corporate email address (hennycl@hpcl.co.in could not find their customer service address)
I am writing email to them as soon as I complete this post
can anyone please give me email address/ telephone number if they find it
Old 9th December 2005, 21:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

hahahah.thats crazy man.did you get the guys name and employee details.why the hell should he care about calculations.its not like hes going to be doing it himself.i dont really think theres need to complain but sometimes i really begin to wonder what these guys are thinking when they do stuff like this.

rev

Last edited by revtech : 9th December 2005 at 21:04.
Old 9th December 2005, 22:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

The next time the bill is Rs 9700 he will round it off to Rs 10000. Beat the shiit out of the guy...
Old 9th December 2005, 22:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

25 paise?? .. they are non existant in Delhi, unless of course if you are a Vintage collector...
Old 9th December 2005, 23:12   #5
BHPian

invariably these things happen..people just dnt bother..i mean people are just used to these things.
cool dude !
Old 10th December 2005, 01:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

but dude what if you had to pay by cash what would you do ??
give him

i would give him 240 dont know about the others.

Rev

Last edited by revtech : 10th December 2005 at 01:50.
Old 10th December 2005, 02:10   #7
Max
BHPian

adya, take it easy man, it may cost employee his job !
Old 10th December 2005, 04:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

Chill, dude. I dont think its such a big deal...like someone said if you had to pay in cash you'd probably have given him 240 and driven away before he could search for change.

You got worked up, had your blood pressure go through the roof, spent an hour or so thinking about it when you could've done something more creative, spent time searching for the HP website, got frustrated that you couldnt find their customer service contact details, found their corporate email id (which nobody reads, I bet), typed out an email spitting out all the venom inside you, came over to TBHP, spewed even more venom at the pump attender....

all for 30 ps??? Was it worth all that fuss? All you had to do was gently chide the guy, forget about it and get on with your life...or at least ask him '30 paisa tera baap dega kya?' and leave the matter at that.
Old 10th December 2005, 10:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
all for 30 ps??? Was it worth all that fuss? All you had to do was gently chide the guy, forget about it and get on with your life...or at least ask him '30 paisa tera baap dega kya?' and leave the matter at that.
you got it all wrong mate
it is not about money, it was never about money
it was about petrol pump worked badly treating their customer

Quote:
i would give him 240 dont know about the others.
me too but when I would have paid by cash
when paid by card it is always the exact amount
have been doing it all along on other pumps
Old 10th December 2005, 11:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

That petrol pump guys are regularly known regularly to cheat their customers. They cheat several customers, especially for the pre-mixed petrol . When asked for 100 bucks worth, they simply fill 94 rupees worth, and say the rest is for 'oil' . Now, the machine is already caliberated for both oil & petrol , and they swindle each and every customer for 6 Rs/100 bucks worth. Its really chaotic too, suitable only for 2 wheelers. The situation gets really sticky if there are 2 or more cars at once there.

Last edited by sajo : 10th December 2005 at 11:11.
Old 10th December 2005, 11:21   #11
Team-BHP Support

I agree with Adya here.

If he was paying is cash it would be a different matter as 25p coins are all but non-existent now. However he gave his credit card, and all the guy has to do is type in the figure. He has no right putting in anything but the exact figure.

Its not the money here, its the principle behind it.

Edit: But Adya, go easy on the guy, as complaining to the boss may cost him his job. Suggest you let it go now, as I'm sure he will not do it again now!

Last edited by Rtech : 10th December 2005 at 11:23.
Old 10th December 2005, 11:29   #12
BHPian

The least that chap could have done is taken permission from Adya before charging the card. I hate it when people take others for granted.

But I do agree with steeroid that its a time versus benefits analysis too. I got misbilled by Tata Indicom for Rs.200. Knowing Tata Indicom, it would cost someone in my office 10 phonecalls and several hours before the 200 would get reimbursed. For us in the service industry, time is $$$. So I just let it go.

However, I will be changing to good ol' MTNL soon. Too many issues with Tata Indicom.

GTO
GTO - Touring is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th December 2005, 15:17   #13
BHPian

i support Adya here ... its not the cash that matters but the attitude of taking a customer for granted .. and the employees attitude that they can get away with their irresponsible behaviour ... he should be warned seriously .. When paying by cash, i never wait for a change upto one two three rupees .. but i always insist on correct amount to be swiped on my card ...
Old 18th December 2005, 19:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

Update

I got reply to my email from HPCL . As they needed some more details so I went there and met with Mr. V J Gogate, Exe Officer-RE & MIS.
Who heard the whole story & promised to take a look into matter.
Old 18th December 2005, 20:23   #15
Senior - BHPian

Right Thing To Do

Hai BHpians,

I agree with the action of Adya. Its not about the money....... he has already said it many times. The issue boils down to the attitude of taking people granted and saying CHAAL SEE..........

Its unfortunate this attendant is the fall guy, may be he doesn't even realize what he has done, someone has to tell him. Maybe that's his way of making 20 bucks a day. I think if he has done it politely and REQUESTED Adya if this this OK and filled for the round figure this would have changed the colour of the incident.

Many of you may know, Auto drivers in Calicut, Kerala give back changes of 50 ps and 25 paise EVEN TODAY, this is a culture there with ONLY auto drivers...... its a culture thing.

-- Ramky.

-------------------------------------

Last edited by ramkya1 : 18th December 2005 at 20:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks