Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2005, 11:15   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
5. The stormy drive on Greater noida expressway. I was at 80kmph when a gust of wind caused the Getz to slide to mid lane from the fast lane. The guy in fusion about 100mts in front of me got hit by flying bricks. After that it was torrential rain lasting just 10 minutes but it was like a cloudburst and that too with 100kmph winds! See the story in pictures(From a cam phone) here http://tanveer.in/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=35
hi tanveer, was it about 3-4 months ago, on a friday, when abt 4-5K trees fell only in Delhi???
I left my home for Lucknow that evening, would have driven about 50 KMs, weather was too stormy and I decided to come back. Later saw in the news that there was a 10 KM long jam on the NH-24 between Rampur and Moradabad; lucky me :-)

\N
Old 15th December 2005, 11:19   #17
Team-BHP Support

It was during June timeframe. Lots of trees fell and winds were reaching 100+kmph
Old 15th December 2005, 18:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

Best Ride

Hai BHPians,

This goes long way back......... water has flown n bikes have become cars..... still bikes trigger nostalgia.

Never can forget what we did way back in 87; from Cochin-Munnar-Kodai thro the winding winding roads on a Yamaha 350 with a 2 Enfield Bullets giving chase THRO DRIPPING RAIN. All in one stretch on a cold rainy monsoon morning. We drove, on and off, non-stop for 17 hours to reach Kodai and from Munnar to Kodai, 90+ KMS there we only dirt tracks and starlights; sometimes when we took turns there were only deep n gaping abyss.............

After that..... have driven tons of KMs never to forget that one rainy ride.

Tnx for starting this thred........ it brings back thoughts of the sweet madness and raging youth !!!!!!!!!!

-- Ramky

===================
Old 15th December 2005, 20:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1
Hai BHPians,

This goes long way back......... water has flown n bikes have become cars..... still bikes trigger nostalgia.

Never can forget what we did way back in 87; from Cochin-Munnar-Kodai thro the winding winding roads on a Yamaha 350 with a 2 Enfield Bullets giving chase THRO DRIPPING RAIN. All in one stretch on a cold rainy monsoon morning. We drove, on and off, non-stop for 17 hours to reach Kodai and from Munnar to Kodai, 90+ KMS there we only dirt tracks and starlights; sometimes when we took turns there were only deep n gaping abyss.............

Tnx for starting this thred........ it brings back thoughts of the sweet madness and raging youth !!!!!!!!!!

-- Ramky

===================

I think it was around 10 hours thro ROARING RAINS and the distance from munnar to kodai must have been around 70-80 kms. Just to correct the record.....
Old 15th December 2005, 21:27   #20
BHPian

In the near past this would be my best drive: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buckle...le-driver.html

I havnt driven like that or had that much fun since :-(. Become a lot more careful as the road contruction work + aftermath of the rains here makes such driving impossible and senseless.
Old 16th December 2005, 02:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1
Hai BHPians,

-- Ramky

===================
Oh man I did that one on my KB100 with a bunch of friends on other bikes and there wasnt much left of our bikes by the time we staggered into Kodai, bedraggled, sleep-robbed, tyres and egos punctured. That is a KILLER ride...proof of that is 17 stitches across my spine. We got chased by bison on the way - man that was scary.

I wouldnt do that again, no matter WHAT - the landscape was to die for, and we nearly became part of it.
Old 16th December 2005, 17:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
2. Climb up Thirupathi hill last year. Rest of the family decided to climb by foot, so I had an empty car.. OHC 1.5, and the roads were great and more important it was a one way !!! Went blasting up the hill hitting the apex every time. Recomend to everybody here.
yeah, its a great drive. i did it in my indica with my parents, wife and my aunt. almost in every turn rear end would try to step out, it was a great feeling. as you rightly said, since there is no oncoming traffic you can actually freak out.
Old 16th December 2005, 17:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Satya knows and loves this stretch.
its to drive on this particular stretch that i used drive about 600 kms from mumbai ..the nh48 is also similar to it
Old 20th December 2005, 16:36   #24
BHPian

Some great drives I have had -
Pune - IIT Powai on my poor old KB
Pune-Mumbai on NH4 on my Pulsar - empty roads too!
Pune-Goa (especially the stretch from Kolhapur onwards - ghats, NH17 fun!) in my Indica.
Pune-Harihareshwar ...Tamhini ghat is fun ;-) though my tyres didnt agree..
Lake District, UK - fantastic roads and good weather in a rental Clio!
Old 20th December 2005, 16:43   #25
BHPian

the drive from manali, to Rohtang and Kunzum la in this years raid de himalaya.

Cheers,

Sideways.
Old 20th December 2005, 17:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

My best drive was coming from delhi (outer circle) to chandigarh in around 2 hrs and 15 mins. I was driving dads sonata and was following a miniter which took care of all the traffic.

A funny incident also happened while i was following them, a Skoda petrol guy came at a thrashing speed and i gave him side to overtake me. After i let him pass by me he thought now i have beaten Sonata guy now its time to overtake minister. He accelerated more and started giving dipper to the minister gypsy and the guard took out his danda/Stick and hit it on the hood of Skoda guy.. Man that was hilarious.

Old 20th December 2005, 17:47   #27
Team-BHP Support

LOL!
Actually the fun part is to flash lights at these ministers and not overtake. The idiotic cops get mad and keep shouting but cant do anything. Serves them right to think we are their servants
Old 20th December 2005, 20:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Ya they can't do anything but they can damage yer hood lol.. Mrecy on Skoda guy
Old 20th December 2005, 21:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

my best drive was when i took off to aurangabad from bangalore only to meet my now ex Girl friend.... the drive was just fantastic...
Old 20th December 2005, 23:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

Man, the drives get better every time I hit the highway. The drive down to Chennai for the track day, and the track day itself, is my new No 1.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks