Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2005, 21:14   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I used to get into a lot of road rage earlier, still do occassionally. However, a friend of mine recently gave me a CD with vedic chants set to some modern background music........its stupendous! The way the music calms you down is AMAZING and once you play that you're at peace with the world. Hear it to believe it.

I'd burned a set of tracks from that CD for Rudra - apparently the old man was quite taken up by it as well.
Hey Steer - can you share the name of the album? Or a few songs? Sounds like a nice idea.
Old 14th December 2005, 19:17   #17
BHPian

I have to agree with Steeroid ...calming music is the only thing that can help me keep calm on the crazy roads in Chennai. Listening to fast paced music is good to work out and get the adrenaline going but to stay peaceful and not provoke any angry response ... soothing Indian/Western instrumental +classical music and sometimes including Hindustani/Carnatic vocalists is amazing.

Also as mentioned earlier it is best to let the morons pass by you or if that doesnt work try to get away from them as quickly as possible.

Steeroid please mention the name of the album.

Most Viewed