Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2018, 15:48   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toll on the Bangalore Int'l Airport road

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
NHAI to start one way toll while going towards KIAL now. Please budget 15 minutes extra during peak times!

Further, I think there will be a terrible jam at the first roundabout inside KIAL, as many people will start taking the new 'free' road to not only save money but to also beat the bottleneck at the Bellary Road Sadahalli toll.

ONE-WAY TOLL: GET SET TO QUEUE UP ON THE WAY TO BENGALURU AIRPORT
http://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.co...w/63161642.cms

Commuters will pay Rs 80 as one-way toll, and Rs 125 for the day pass. Road users fear the one-way toll collection may lead to severe traffic jams.
Have to say this is utter stupidity by both NHAI & State govt. Ideally the new road should have had the same toll rate as this one to avoid free-loading considering thats also a 4 lane highway.
Old 27th March 2018, 08:54   #137
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

KIAL Toll will start operating from today (need to pay toll while going to the airport).

Source:New Indian Express, Bangalore 27 Mar 2018
Link 1
Link 2
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 09:21   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
KIAL Toll will start operating from today (need to pay toll while going to the airport).

Source:New Indian Express, Bangalore 27 Mar 2018
Link 1
Link 2
Good to read in the second link that all booths will be FASTag-enabled plus one lane will be dedicated to FASTag.

Will be undergoing this new setup tonight itself.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 10:13   #139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
So its 85 + 125 now, for those who use the main road itself for the return route?
Old 27th March 2018, 10:19   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
So its 85 + 125 now, for those who use the main road itself for the return route?
I don't think so. If you buy the return fare on your way to airport, it should still be total of 125. I guess for Fastag, deduction will be 85 for onward journey and 40 for the return journey
Old 27th March 2018, 10:55   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
No, it's 90 + 40 = 130 for the round trip.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 13:04   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like the cabbies wouldnt be piling up at the toll booth. Why would they? New business for cab drivers - take alternate route, save on toll. Uber still adds toll into each trip and they end up making 280 bucks profit for every round trip to the airport. .

I tried contacting Uber to refund the toll charged to me even though we took the alternate route. But the morons there are not able to understand this scenario. Until they do, the cabbies will benefit out of it.

Toll on the Bangalore Int'l Airport road-screenshot2018327-gmail-business-your-sunday-morning-trip-uber.png
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 19:46   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Good to read in the second link that all booths will be FASTag-enabled plus one lane will be dedicated to FASTag.

Will be undergoing this new setup tonight itself.
Wasn't being charged when I drove into KIAL at ~1845.
Old 28th March 2018, 07:39   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wasn't being charged when I drove into KIAL at ~1845.
Here's why:

Toll on the Bangalore Int'l Airport road-20180328-07.35.20.jpg

Source : Deccan Herald
Old 26th May 2018, 18:50   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Looks like the cabbies wouldnt be piling up at the toll booth. Why would they? New business for cab drivers - take alternate route, save on toll. Uber still adds toll into each trip and they end up making 280 bucks profit for every round trip to the airport. .

I tried contacting Uber to refund the toll charged to me even though we took the alternate route. But the morons there are not able to understand this scenario. Until they do, the cabbies will benefit out of it.

Attachment 1745954
This is exactly what I came searching for today. I am in the exact same scenario - I took the Uber from Airport to my home at post midnight yesterday and found the Uber Cab Driver took a detour and some non standard roads and avoided the toll. I asked him what is this road he is taking and he said he does it to avoid the tool. I took a quick screen grab of the Google Maps at that time to figure out this "Secret" route.

Toll on the Bangalore Int'l Airport road-screenshot_20180526001830.jpg
Actual Location of Uber

I did some check on Google Maps which seems to show the alternate route to avoid tolls via B.K.Halli Road and Meenakunte Hosur.

Toll on the Bangalore Int'l Airport road-skip_toll_road.jpg
Probable Route to Avoid Airport Toll (Click on Image to see Larger View)

There clearly seems to be a way to avoid the toll. However, what worried me was towards the end when he joined the main road, he seemed to pass across a one-way road to get to the other side. Since it was night I am unable to fully confirm this. If this is so then it poses a safety concern as well to the passengers due to some oncoming vehicles not realizing whats happening as the Uber Cabbie would be cutting thru a one way road.

Now coming back to the Toll Fare, here is the SMS I had received from Uber:
Toll on the Bangalore Int'l Airport road-uber_sms.jpg
SMS from Uber which clearly states that Toll is included in Fare

I did the same and logged a message to Uber stating that they should refund the toll since the driver never paid the toll which they added to my fare.
However, I faced the same response from Uber Support who do not seem to be intelligent enough to comprehend what we are trying to say :

Toll on the Bangalore Int'l Airport road-uber_message.jpg
Response from Uber

My Uber trip was official and my company will bear the expense. My intention with this is post is to create more awareness among the users that this is what is happening in Bangalore to ensure that they log a complaint with Uber next time the same happens. Let us hope Uber wakes up.

MODS: If this is appropriate enough to be created as a separate thread since Uber drivers in Bengaluru seem to be cheating the public on a daily basis kindly do so.
vsrivatsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2018, 19:36   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I took the Uber from Airport to my home at post midnight yesterday and found the Uber Cab Driver took a detour and some non standard roads and avoided the toll.
I had checked out google maps for this area on my last visit to the airport. But at that time, the road from the airport towards city, by-passing the toll was blocked due to construction activity. It wont be long before BIAL folks are made to close that road, even though it is usable.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2018, 20:07   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I had checked out google maps for this area on my last visit to the airport. But at that time, the road from the airport towards city, by-passing the toll was blocked due to construction activity. It wont be long before BIAL folks are made to close that road, even though it is usable.
I think this had been debated about between NHAI and BIAL people. Since that didn't bear fruit they started collecting toll both ways. Now that they have started this, it is equivalent of any other toll across the country where we pay if we pass through the booth. If there is a way the booth can be avoided, especially in the case of village roads like these, the toll operator wouldn't have much control. Earlier their problem was that the cabbies would use the tollway one side and alternate road on the other. But in this case, to avoid toll they should take the alternative road both ways which on the onward journey causes some detour. Only on the return journey this alternate road makes practical sense.

The only grouse now is with Uber who want to charge toll from users, that too 140 rupees, close to twice the regular rate. This is a ripoff. Given Ubers deteriorating service, increasing costs and worse cars, I will not take it to the airport any soon in the future.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2018, 23:04   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like the issue of wrong amount getting debited from Fastag for round trip is resolved, had gone to airport to pickup someone. Onward trip was charged Rs 85 and return Rs 45.

Fastag lane is on left side while going towards airport, I guess it's second from left . It has a small prinout placed on barricade mentioning it to be Fastag lane.

Saw readers at other lanes too, hope it works.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 01:07   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Seems like the issue of wrong amount getting debited from Fastag for round trip is resolved, had gone to airport to pickup someone. Onward trip was charged Rs 85 and return Rs 45.

Fastag lane is on left side while going towards airport, I guess it's second from left . It has a small prinout placed on barricade mentioning it to be Fastag lane.

Saw readers at other lanes too, hope it works.
I have mentioned this few days back on the FASTag thread along few images and a Dashcam video. The signage that shows FT lane during onward is really a joke!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Absolutely! The bold part is where I have mentioned that too:
But the only difference between our experiences is that upon entering this lane, the attendant tells me 'Sir FASTag lane number 18' and when I insisted him to show me a sign, he entered details on his PC and the barricade opened and I received SMS after 20 minutes about the deduction.

So this was the story on yesterday :

Dedicated FASTag lane when traveling towards Airport from Bangalore

There is a dedicated FASTag lane for onward (towards Airport from Bangalore) and here is how you indentify that :

I checked the footage from the dashcam from my drive yesterday and you can clearly notice how due to the placement of the FASTag sign at such a low height, one really cannot get into the dedicated lane unless there are lesser vehicles or till you are very closer to the booth!

[center]https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=HJXNbrQNeVQ

And this is the case during return - Clearly marked and identifiable and above all, placed at a height so one can notice this from a distance rather than run amok at the last second:
There is also some interesting discussion on double charing for return journey as I too experienced this during my trip to airport and back where I took a random lane once and dedicated lane the second time.

Last edited by paragsachania : 27th May 2018 at 01:09.
Old 9th July 2018, 09:14   #150
BHPian

Has the new route to BIAL via Begur Opened ?

Hello Everyone,

Have to visit for BIAL for a pickup in a few days time.

Google Maps shows all routes from Budhgere Cross to go via Begur and touching the inner turnabout on BIAL road.

Is this road opened for Public ? Was not aware of it, hence need your guidance. And do we have toll gates in here ?

I had very bad experience on KIADB roads, always pot holed and not clear in direction markings.

Earlier we used to go all the way to Devanahalli and back to BIAL.

Attached map is the one which I am looking at currently

Awaiting your reples
Attached Thumbnails
Toll on the Bangalore Int'l Airport road-bial.jpg  

Most Viewed