Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2011, 00:39   #16
BANNED

re: Toll on the Bangalore Int'l Airport road

Seems this toll is going online soon. I just returned from the Airport and see the place litup ( it was not 3 days back ). nobody was collecting toll though.
Old 11th March 2011, 10:44   #17
Team-BHP Support

There is NO alternate route to the Airport, right? Any boards about the quantum of toll?
Old 25th March 2011, 09:26   #18
Team-BHP Support

Travelled to the airport yesterday. There is a page stuck on the booths saying "Free, Trial Run in Progress".

There is an article in today's B'lore TOI that toll and the toll commencement date will be finalized next week.

The cab drivers' association has threatened a strike is toll is collected. Without doubt, the toll will affect Vayu Vajra, Radio Taxi and veg. prices.
Old 25th March 2011, 09:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
There is NO alternate route to the Airport, right? Any boards about the quantum of toll?
There is if you come thru KR Puram to Devanahalli, it will be right behind the Airport.

Concern is not just the money. It will add the additional delay due to queueing up at the toll gates
Old 25th March 2011, 10:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The cab drivers' association has threatened a strike is toll is collected. Without doubt, the toll will affect Vayu Vajra, Radio Taxi and veg. prices.
Who cares? Finally it would be on us, the consumers.

They are cleaver enough to charge "including" the airport commuters.

I wish they have put it excluding the ramp that takes you to Airport. But that may be a issue since people can take the ramp and end up on the other side

Anyway, its pouring Taxes in KA, and Freebies in TN
Old 13th April 2011, 13:15   #21
BHPian

This is real pain, whats the point for having road tax?

Has this been implemented ?
Old 13th April 2011, 13:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Last week, they took the trial runs to the next level. They were stopping every car at the toll booth. They were not collecting any toll though. So, you get into queue of cars, reach the toll gate, a sign flashes "20 Rs toll" or something like that, the light turns from red to green, the gate opens, and you pass.
I think i read in the newspapers that the toll will come into effect sometime this month.
Old 13th April 2011, 14:04   #23
BHPian

Last Sunday, Even I saw the excat same thing as amitoj.

However a little further on the highway, after you have passed the road on left to BIAL. There is another Toll Booth constructed there.

There was no one there. Not sure why the second one.

IMO, the 2nd one makes more sense as its after the BIAL road and hence people traveling to BIAL will be spared.
Old 13th April 2011, 16:02   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post

However a little further on the highway, after you have passed the road on left to BIAL. There is another Toll Booth constructed there.

IMO, the 2nd one makes more sense as its after the BIAL road and hence people traveling to BIAL will be spared.
Oh! Assuming the people in charge have even the slightest bit of common and civic sense, probably they have set that up to check the frequency of vehicles thru' the first and then the 2nd. This COULD be to check if the toll booth should be AFTER the ramp leading to the airport. But again, you never know how those people think. When the toll was announced, I remember Yeduryappa saying something like he would take this up with NHAI and get the toll shifted. Though you can't really trust that man!

Let's hope. Although it looks like an additional 20 bucks to the airport!
Old 13th April 2011, 17:05   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post

There is a road from Whitefield to the airport from Hoskote->Devanahalli Village, and then to Airport. In a way, you would be going away from the airport, and coming back from the opposite direction, and there is a ramp that leads you to the airport. It could be that the second one is to target people coming from the other direction.

If that is true, it just means that NHAI wants to fleece the airport users to get more money. Either way, the assumption is, when you pay around 5k (say an average domestic ticket) to travel by air, you would anyway pay about 600 to 700 for the taxi - what harm in charging another Rs. 50?
Nobody will oppose!

@libranof1987 - I dont think it is lack of common sense. It is more business sense that is doing the talk here. They found a way to fleece people. I do hope the government does something about it. Why does one have to pay all the airport taxes, if, at the end of it, they are agian charged for each and everything - toll ways, parking within the airport etc.

Last edited by deep_bang : 13th April 2011 at 17:09.
Old 13th April 2011, 18:50   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Last week, they took the trial runs to the next level. They were stopping every car at the toll booth. They were not collecting any toll though. So, you get into queue of cars, reach the toll gate, a sign flashes "20 Rs toll" or something like that, the light turns from red to green, the gate opens, and you pass.
I think i read in the newspapers that the toll will come into effect sometime this month.
What about while coming into B'lore? Will toll have to be coughed up then too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
There is a road from Whitefield to the airport from Hoskote->Devanahalli Village, and then to Airport. In a way, you would be going away from the airport, and coming back from the opposite direction, and there is a ramp that leads you to the airport. It could be that the second one is to target people coming from the other direction.

If that is true, it just means that NHAI wants to fleece the airport users to get more money. Either way, the assumption is, when you pay around 5k (say an average domestic ticket) to travel by air, you would anyway pay about 600 to 700 for the taxi - what harm in charging another Rs. 50?
Nobody will oppose!

@libranof1987 - I dont think it is lack of common sense. It is more business sense that is doing the talk here. They found a way to fleece people. I do hope the government does something about it. Why does one have to pay all the airport taxes, if, at the end of it, they are agian charged for each and everything - toll ways, parking within the airport etc.
Oh boy! NHAI has thought this through deep to make anyone coming towards BIAL pay up toll.

That's the problem - "anyway the public is paying so much to come to the airport, what is the harm is adding another 20 bucks"!

I'm sure though that NHAI will earn more money from the people who go to the airport at night for the CCD than actual passengers.

PS : I was just being sarcastic about the authorities having common sense. It is nothing but exploitation!
Old 13th April 2011, 21:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
What about while coming into B'lore? Will toll have to be coughed up then too?
Yes, it was both ways.
Old 14th April 2011, 13:02   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Yes, it was both ways.
Rs 20 both ways is just ok, but still Govt should consider in moving the toll after BIAL. Since airport is the busiest place round the clock and everyone has to shed Rs 20 is too much.
Old 14th April 2011, 15:56   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
Rs 20 both ways is just ok, but still Govt should consider in moving the toll after BIAL. Since airport is the busiest place round the clock and everyone has to shed Rs 20 is too much.
I don't think it is Rs. 20 for a return trip. What I asked Amitoj was if toll was collected on the return leg too and I think his answer was to this question.
Old 24th April 2011, 15:32   #30
Team-BHP Support

Well, the official news is out. Have a look at this :

NHAI to start collecting toll from tomorrow - The Times of India

Rs. 20/- for cars and Rs. 65 (!) for buses/trucks one-way.

Toll is effective tomorrow i.e. 25th April. Of course people have said they'll protest and all, let's see what comes out of it.

Expect a stiffer fare on Meru/Easy cabs and Vayu Vajra.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks