Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2006, 01:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

No drinkin and driving tonight guys....HAPPPY NEW YERA.

Rev
Old 1st January 2006, 03:31   #32
Team-BHP Support

Happy New Years...
Old 3rd January 2006, 22:13   #33
Team-BHP Support

This new year eve party I had 3 bottles of KF, definitely lightheaded after that. Therefore I walked home from the scene of the party, it helped my home was only 100 meters away...

I just came back to Bangalore (and Internet) today after being away for 4 days. Happy new year everybody!!!
Old 8th January 2006, 14:46   #34

Oh well, why not let this drive go in safe hands to give yourself a chance to drive very easily possible 1000s of more drives. hehe. very sensible is n't it? lol.
Old 8th January 2006, 14:56   #35
BHPian

i dont remember if i told u people
its really fun to play need for speed after i drink with loud music.
try it , its ultimate fun.
i recored my NFS driving when i was drunk and was shocked to see my poor driving when my hang over got over.

i earlier thought that i can drive safely after drinking, but soon i realised if u land in a problem it will definately be toooooo big.

drink and drive but only on u r PC <need for speed>
Old 15th January 2006, 04:41   #36
BHPian

between xmas and new years we were driving around in scotland and every day we used to hear warnings on the radio to the tune of "its not just cops you have to look out for if you are drunk. your neighbor or that guy on the cycle you just missed can call and complain!!! call xxx-xxx-xxx to report drunken driving"

Needless to say, I never had more than half a glass of wine a day between xmas and new years. I dont think I missed much :-)
Old 21st February 2008, 19:54   #37
BANNED

Concept car to prevent drunk driving

Concept car to prevent drunk driving

An engineer from Nissan demonstrates a concept car designed to prevent drunk driving and falling asleep at the wheel, which has a facial recognition system to monitor the driver's eyes for detecting signs of drowsiness, during the company's advanced technology seminar in Tokyo on February 21, 2008. (AFP)

Day in Pics - Economic Times
Old 21st February 2008, 21:32   #38
Senior - BHPian

Read about this a couple of week ago,on CNN. Seems like a good idea,but I wonder if it will really come into use in production cars.
Old 22nd February 2008, 00:59   #39
BHPian

apart from the face recognition, i had also seen a car(cant remember the manufacturer either lexus or nissan) which had smell detectors in specific areas in the car and if you were under the influence of alcohol the car picked up the smell and wont start at all.

but since these developments are very expensive, i doubt we will see such equipment in mid size cars.
Old 22nd February 2008, 03:04   #40
BHPian

my view : it's fun : ]

always in control though
Old 22nd February 2008, 08:50   #41
rippergeo

is it possible to outlaw alcohol during tBHP meets? its the least we can do as responsible drivers. I would hate to see something bad happening to friends who are normally good drivers!

Boy! I'm so.... gonna get flamed for this!

Old 22nd February 2008, 08:59   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
is it possible to outlaw alcohol during tBHP meets? its the least we can do as responsible drivers. I would hate to see something bad happening to friends who are normally good drivers!

Boy! I'm so.... gonna get flamed for this!
This has been discussed before, and ofcourse there is a solution other than prohibition!

1. Appoint dedicated drivers before the meet. (Needless to say, these guys are guys who dont drink, or choose not to drink that night)
2. Take a cab.
3. Sleep at the bar

Check out the two parked/sticky threads in the meets section >
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/

cya
R
Old 22nd February 2008, 09:52   #43
BHPian

There are number of ways I drink and drive well too..

first of all, I go to very good bar & resturant (sometimes accompanied by brother) very near to my house (within 3 kms), drink upto 2 beers max. this helps in getting back home easily.

few years back (before married), used to drink and drive but was aware of my condition, not to over booze. Those days never used cars, only bikes, another thing to mention was we used to take smaller gullys or streets and avoid main roads, there by was safe,

-another good point being would take lots of breaks on the way back to have tea/pan or even just chat up with the friend. so by the time we reached home, the effects 2/3/4 or say 5 pegs :-) would have nearly diminished. But ideally used to stick to 3 pegs.

Drinking heavily and driving fast cars is dangerous, and in the night is very dangerous, and in night with sunfilms on windshield is very very dangerous

Lookout for drunken drivers who may bang into your car.
Old 22nd February 2008, 10:06   #44
Senior - BHPian

I do not drink but do drive. As everyone has said, drunks have no business to be behind the wheel.
Old 22nd February 2008, 10:36   #45
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
This has been discussed before, and ofcourse there is a solution other than prohibition!

1. Appoint dedicated drivers before the meet. (Needless to say, these guys are guys who dont drink, or choose not to drink that night)
2. Take a cab.
3. Sleep at the bar

Check out the two parked/sticky threads in the meets section >
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/

cya
R
I know it has been discussed before , but there are'nt enough designated drivers around. and no one would like to give up driving.

I suppose its easy for me to preach because I dont drink at all.

agreed, 1 or 2 pegs wont make a massive difference, but a difference is a difference, and every little bit counts, if we are to survive unscathed on our roads.

I see people that I look upto and like, drinking before driving and feel torn because I want to stop them, but at the same time I dont want to get in the way of their enjoying themselves.

so I keep quiet, and pray that they can handle the car, the drink and themselves.

most BHPians wouldnt be caught dead in a taxi, going for a tbhp meet.
and, what happens if its a drive-meet?

Is'nt prohibition the straightforward and right thing to do?
sorry for being a wet blanket, but its only concern that makes me take this stand.

I realise I have no authority to dictate terms, this is just a heartfelt appeal.

Most Viewed