Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2010, 11:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bikers harassing vehicles on highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Don't know about Kerala RTC buses but know how the SETC (Tamil Nadu RTC) drivers are! Holy moses, they are always in terrible temper and use their buses to show it.

Very true... the youngsters were really risking their lives doing such stunts especially being night time.
Old 2nd January 2011, 17:50   #47
Senior - BHPian

Some of the bikers do think they can perform stunts like they did in Matrix. Well, I too used to criss cross and do a fair bit of zig zag but I do not remember being rude to any one or put any one out of their breaths or any thing like that. But that wasnt a speed thing: it was about weaving in and out of traffic when traffic was thick and slow moving. Even scraped foot rest on quite a few times while on turns. The fun was mine but also I do believe other road users do have their right to travel safely.

I now ride sedately.

I have encountered the likes of experiences the fellow members have recounted in this forum. Such experiences irritate me, but I turn my head away and go through. I feel pity and a sense of superiority over them as they more often than not lose control of the bikes or they couldnt execute the maneuver correctly and I had performed smoothly in my younger days. Not that I am an expert in biking or such that, I was a moderately good rider who always stayed within my limits.
Old 2nd January 2011, 20:19   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
Some of the bikers do think they can perform stunts like they did in Matrix. Well, I too used to criss cross and do a fair bit of zig zag but I do not remember being rude to any one or put any one out of their breaths or any thing like that. But that wasnt a speed thing: it was about weaving in and out of traffic when traffic was thick and slow moving. Even scraped foot rest on quite a few times while on turns. The fun was mine but also I do believe other road users do have their right to travel safely.

I now ride sedately.

I have encountered the likes of experiences the fellow members have recounted in this forum. Such experiences irritate me, but I turn my head away and go through. I feel pity and a sense of superiority over them as they more often than not lose control of the bikes or they couldnt execute the maneuver correctly and I had performed smoothly in my younger days. Not that I am an expert in biking or such that, I was a moderately good rider who always stayed within my limits.
That's the biggest issue with most of the so-called 'bikers'. They don't know the limits of their machines. Daily commuter bikes don't have the kind of grip to handle full-tilt, knee-scraping turns (ala MotoGP), neither do the brakes have the kind of stopping power we think they do. I personally think the front discs given on most bikes today give people a false sense of safety. Disasters waiting to happen.
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:25   #49
Senior - BHPian

Staying within "MY" limits comes with a caveat:

Its your limits ... other may find it above their limits and thus lead to a mishap (yours or theirs). That is why we have rules on the road. So that everyone follows the same limits.
Old 6th January 2011, 15:10   #50
Senior - BHPian

The Front Disc may be a stopper but the bike tends to skid if applied too suddenly, as against progressive braking. Pulsar is notorious for its sudden stops. While it has admirable stopping power, panic braking would 1) catch the rider unawares as to how fast the bike stops with rider in a state of "inertia of motion" if one doesnt anticipate it right, 2) the front wheel skids (this is more dangerous than the rear skid as the handle would be difficult to control with the front wheel locked).

There was no caveat staying within my limits : it simply means I never bothered other road users with my irresponsible driving. Boils down to one thing - always rode responsibly.

Most Viewed