Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2010, 12:45   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Mondeo vandalized! Scratched from top to bottom

This is tragic! God, please give such idiots the punishment they deserve!

Where did you park the car? Looks like they took sometime to scratch the car. Nobody noticed anything?
Old 13th December 2010, 12:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

When you mentioned scratches I had no idea it was so bad. This is heart breaking to see and at the sametime its scary coz if I'm not wrong you are put up in HSR Layout as well.

And even I have an outside parking.

These guys deserve to go behind bars! Why can't insurance be claimed when someone has intentionally damaged the vehicle.
Old 13th December 2010, 12:58   #18
BHPian

This is a sin...doing this to a mondeo. Claim insurance sir. and my heart felt condolences. I also hope u get your hands on these irresponsible nincoompoops. and do i see a dent too ??
But on the brighter side you can have a new colour job on the mondeo. Small consolation bt still.

Last edited by nairanupg : 13th December 2010 at 12:59.
Old 13th December 2010, 13:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Whoever did this needs to be shot you know where. I wonder what kind of pleasure do they derive from vandalizing someone else's car/property. Insurance cant be claimed for this and the only way out is to shell money from your pockets.

zazer move on and get your car done up my friend,such acts of vandalism is best forgotten coz there is little you and I can do about it.
Old 13th December 2010, 15:32   #20
BHPian

Folks,
Thanx for being there. I have decided not to claim insurance as the return on insurance is very less considering the depreciation, the insurance terms on the deduction on glass etc etc.
Had to use some influence but I did get a case registered. Now that means the cops need to do something about it. Even if they cant catch the culprit atleast they will try and ensure this doesnt happen again. I know how bad it feels and I hope in future nobody goes though this. Also a i10 and a bolero were scrached with my car. The agony is that, these cars were chosen by choice and targeted. Also though we dont have a professional security guy in our lane, the lane where the i10 was parked had a security guy in the house right opposite to it.
As of now I think i will just go drop off my car in our closed garage in my own house because its really tough seeing it in the current state. Will work on it during the month end after my exams get over .
BTW if I am not wrong, i have heard there is a technique of buffing which can remove scratches from windscreen. And idea ?
Old 13th December 2010, 15:40   #21
BHPian

This is such a shame! The scratches look much deeper and buffing may not help too much I am afraid. I hope you find the culprits and besides footing the bill for this have them locked up for sometime for such senseless actions. If possible, consider installing a CC camera and hook it to your home network. Will be waiting to see your car in its prime again!
Old 13th December 2010, 15:48   #22
BHPian

This is really sad to see.
Now - even if you do restore it, what is to say that it does not happen again?
Is there any way to prevent it from happenning again? Could a car cover be a deterrent???
Was there any pattern to the selection? For instance, between i10, Bolero and yours there is hardly any similarity. But you also mention that they were deliberately selected leaving the rest of them out. So, i am wondering if there was some similarity - for instance, were they all extremly well maintained, shiny, allow wheels etc etc?
Old 13th December 2010, 16:10   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I would like to see you bashing those responsible.
This is what I would like to do myself even though it's not the legal way.

Quote:
I would suggest you file a FIR immediately.
You also side by side start investigating on your own, try to find out if some local guys have done it.
This is a correct way to go about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Thats one extreme case of Vandalism! Feel sorry for you Zazer, I have followed a few of your threads on Mondeo and I know your passion and I could feel how much it pains to see your car in this condition!

1. You should be able to claim insurance.
2. File an FIR along with the other cars that were vandalised by the psycho maniacs.
3. This windshield has to be replaced. I am skeptical about the availability of New windshield for Mondeo!
I'm really getting irritated reading this thread. Just because someone is jealous why does he have to indulge in vandalism. FIR is a must here. Hope the new windshield is available. If not why not try and see if the windshield repair guys can do something.
Old 13th December 2010, 16:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazer View Post
I have decided not to claim insurance as the return on insurance is very less considering the depreciation, the insurance terms on the deduction on glass etc etc.
Thats a BIG mistake IMO. Why? If the insurance covers this incident, then by all means claim insurance.

Most of the job is painting. Which a labour job, no parts need to be changed. That is covered under insurance 100%

As for the windsheild, AFAIK the glass is covered under insurance 100%. You only have to pay half the sealant cost. Which is about 1-2 thousand only.

Think about it.

p.s. How much is the NCB?
Old 13th December 2010, 16:25   #25
BHPian

OUCH!!! If it hurts us this bad after seeing the pictures, I can only imagine the pain that you are going through...

I hope you get those culprits locked up...May them rot in hell!!!

Looking at the extend of damage, this looks like a targeted attack. After moving to BLR, all my rides has been subjected to some order of vandalism (but much minor when compared to yours)...This is even after keeping them all under covered parking and even very less public parking usage. Its quite unfortunate that Bangalore has some seriously mental wackos who just cant stand a clean car.
Old 13th December 2010, 16:31   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Thats a BIG mistake IMO. Why? If the insurance covers this incident, then by all means claim insurance.

Most of the job is painting. Which a labour job, no parts need to be changed. That is covered under insurance 100%

As for the windsheild, AFAIK the glass is covered under insurance 100%. You only have to pay half the sealant cost. Which is about 1-2 thousand only.

Think about it.

Abhi it isnt about the no claim bonus its about the depreciation. Also the paintjob costs around 60-70 k in A.S.S and i will have to bear around 55-60 % of the cost. Also the windscreen will suffer major depreciation considering my car is a 2003 model. All in all I will end up spending around 60-70k from my own pocket. Instead i was thinking of using this to get a dual tone paint job from Red Rooster Performance and as for the windscreen I will try getting a new screen from Europe the next year when I pay a visit to Germany. Till then guess I will go in for a simple buffing or touch up kinda thing. Also as there is no scratch on the driver side I dont have a problem driving, so i guess this should work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
This is really sad to see.
Now - even if you do restore it, what is to say that it does not happen again?
Is there any way to prevent it from happenning again? Could a car cover be a deterrent???
Was there any pattern to the selection? For instance, between i10, Bolero and yours there is hardly any similarity. But you also mention that they were deliberately selected leaving the rest of them out. So, i am wondering if there was some similarity - for instance, were they all extremly well maintained, shiny, allow wheels etc etc?
Deep_bang I did do a bit of my own investigation but could not pick up any similarities, also my car isn`t one of those mint cond well maintained cars like GTO`s C class or Rudra sir`s optra. Even the bolero was a daily use car with the usual wear and tear but the i10 was well maintained and quite new. I am not sure if there exists a way of preventing this from happening again but I was thinking of removing the OE security system and getting autocop or something which shouts when someone touches it.
Old 13th December 2010, 16:38   #27
BHPian

Can there be such a bad hearted people. Oh my god i think someone may have taken revenge against you or a person who did this must be imentally retarded.
Old 13th December 2010, 16:47   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post

Think about it.

I second that.

Insurance can be claimed 100% for paint, Labour and Glass.

Recently, My friends Red i10 was scrapped by a stone on all the doors. He filed a police complaint. Based on the complaint, he claimed insurance on the same. It is definitely possible to get the claim in such cases. Do have a look at this aspect.

God be with you and your beauty

Update : Btw, Insurer was Bajaj

Last edited by lambuhere1 : 13th December 2010 at 16:49.
Old 13th December 2010, 17:10   #29
BHPian

@zazer: My heartfelt condolences to you my friend! It really is a sad sight and I can very well understand your state of mind! But the bright side to it is..she's just had a bad wound..once it heals..she'd be raring to go again! Get it re-painted ASAP.

As far as the insurance claim is concerned, claiming for the windshield atleast would be a good idea, if not for the body damage.

Hope to see her soon..hale and hearty again!!
Old 13th December 2010, 17:28   #30
BHPian

If I was in your place and I saw these guys doing it, I swear I would have belted the living daylight / shot them below the knees.

Or best catch them and do the same to them with the very same object on their bodies.

Can imagine how you feel.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed