Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2010, 17:37   #31
BHPian

Re: Ford Mondeo vandalized! Scratched from top to bottom

OMG!!! I never thought it would be so bad. Condolences Zazer, my heart bleeds. Loved your car, damn!! Jealousy can make people do all sorts of things.
Old 13th December 2010, 17:47   #32
BHPian

May be you should try Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, aerosol spray paint, supplier of spray paint,spray, spray paint, touchup, touch-up, aerosol spray paint manufacturers, spray paint,Touchup, Touch-up Spray, Spray Bottle, aerosol spray paint manufacturer, com-paint manuf. Not sure if it will help though.
Old 13th December 2010, 18:11   #33
BHPian

My suggestion: Dont try com-paint.

Regarding insrance claim process. You will have to file a FIR and then you should be able to claim insurance. Something similar happened to my car few months back and i claimed insurance in the same way.
Old 13th December 2010, 18:35   #34
BHPian

@Zazer,

I think it is possible to claim insurance if you have an FIR and report the incidence to the company. Please read the fine print on your insurance conditions.

Good luck
Old 13th December 2010, 18:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

OMG, it hurts a lot to see like this.

Not sure if a FIR can help. Do update us about the insurance portion.
Old 13th December 2010, 19:03   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazer View Post
Abhi it isnt about the no claim bonus its about the depreciation. Also the paintjob costs around 60-70 k in A.S.S and i will have to bear around 55-60 % of the cost. Also the windscreen will suffer major depreciation considering my car is a 2003 model. All in all I will end up spending around 60-70k from my own pocket.
All denting, painting and windscreen cost will be covered by insurance 100%.

Glass is the only thing on the car that does not depreciate. Since the re denting and re painting of the car is a labour job, that will also be covered under insurance.
Old 13th December 2010, 19:24   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

This is very sad to read. Even back in London, where theft of/from cars and damage to them is much more commonplace, this would be an event taken notice of.

I hope something can be done with the insurance. I had a stone chip in my last British car windscreen that quickly grew to a several-inch crack. Whilst it did not hinder driving at all, I had no choice but to get it fixed, as it would have been an MOT-failure reason. This is a mandatory annual test on all UK cars over three years old. It was replaced, under insurance, with no cost to me whatsoever, not even loss of no-claims bonus. No insurer in the world will pay out if they have a valid reason not to, but, at least, in UK, we do not have this ridiculous talk of depreciation of rubber or plastic, or penny-pinching over sealant.
Old 14th December 2010, 06:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom;2173324 No insurer in the world will pay out if they have a [I
valid[/i] reason not to, but, at least, in UK, we do not have this ridiculous talk of depreciation of rubber or plastic, or penny-pinching over sealant.
That seems to be the case with most western countries. Alas, it is not so with us.

@Zazer--I'm really disheartened to learn about your plight. I hope those scoundrels are caught.

As regards glass, it is covered 100%, despite the age of the car. I recently had to change my Fiesta's windscreen. I had to pay only 50% for the beadings and gum, etc, which worked out to Rs 2115, and another 1000 as compulsory deduction applicable to cars over 1500 cc
Old 14th December 2010, 09:24   #39
BHPian

Thank you folks.
Change in plans, now I am dropping her off at A.S.S and going in for an insurance claim. Not sure how much I will have to shell out but its time she gets new clothes ! Will update you guys with the cost involved procedure followed and if I go in for the paint job then with post paint pics.
Once again Thanx for helping
Cheers
Happy and Smiling
Abhi
Old 14th December 2010, 09:34   #40
Senior - BHPian

Glass scratches can be removed,but it isn't easy as the glass is wayyy harder than paint!(but it is possible)

btw anyone who did that to a car doesn't deserve to live!

Spot sanding and buffing on some panels could've reduced the scratches noticeably.

btw if you're going in for a paint job, you might want a tinted clearcoat. That'll make the paint appear iridescent!
Old 14th December 2010, 15:48   #41
BHPian

It hurts to see what happened to your car, i'm just raging from inside and i cant even think of how you should have felt. When something like this happened near my place we found out the miscreants by asking around people if they noticed/heard any noise and we managed to find a couple of college kids who denied it at first and then accepted. Try asking around and find whoever did this so that it does not happen again.
Old 14th December 2010, 16:10   #42
Team-BHP Support

Came across this thread only now. It really hurts to see your car like this! How much is the estimate from the dealer?

As the others have mentioned, there is no depreciation on glass, and you are eligible for 100% compensation on it from insurance, barring the cost of sealant.

P.S. : I spotted your car on Hosa road once, but didnt stop as i was with family and was in a hurry.
Old 14th December 2010, 16:20   #43
BHPian

I have goosebumps when I am replying to this post. I feel extremely sorry for the incident that has happened. Man, that car is a beauty.

And moreover, I feel scared coz I park my car on the road too and I pray and hope that the security is awake if for god-forsaken sake this happens.
Old 14th December 2010, 17:41   #44
Senior - BHPian

Its a targetted vandalizm by a grown up who can reach the roof and center of the windshield. Since multiple cars were scratched, did you have a change of cleaner etc recently (same guy for others too) ??

It seems somone wanted to see you in pain or wanted to avenge something and you never know if he does it again, once you have repainted. Better wait and watch.
Old 14th December 2010, 23:40   #45
Senior - BHPian

You will be able to claim insurance, cause if you take it to the showroom, the only way to remove this is for a complete body paint job as I do not see a single panel that has been spared. They have scratched every panel. SInce it would involve a complete paint job, insurance would pay for it. Compaint etc, is of now use for such deep scratches.

If the scratch in the glass is too deep, you have to replace it. Minor scratches can be filled easily.

Damn sickos. These guys should be run over

Also, get along with the other car owners and file an FIR asap. They could investigate and find out the miscreants

By they way, where do you stay. Where did this happen

Last edited by thedreamcatcher : 14th December 2010 at 23:41.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks