Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2010, 16:04   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Why don't people get the damaged rear lamps replaced?

What most people don't realize is the tail-lamps are as important (if not more) as the head-lamps.

With a faulty HL, you'll at least be careful while driving (not that I recommend driving with it), but with a broken TL, neither you nor the guy smashing into you from behind will know what happened until it's too late.

People should get more responsible. If they have a death-wish, it's their choice, but I don't want to be endanger me & my loved ones on-road because some idiot can't care less about replacing a broken TL.
Old 28th December 2010, 18:31   #32
J.Ravi

While most of the private cars have illuminated registration plates and all the rear lamps in working condition, I find majority of trucks do not have them. Many trucks don't have even reflective stickers pasted on their rear. Some trucks with only one headlamp in working condition [one-eyed Jacks] are even worse. The truckers may be well-mannered on the highways, but not their trucks! This is another case of unity in diversity and applies to all the trucks from Kashmir to Kanyakumari!

Old 28th December 2010, 18:36   #33
Team-BHP Support

The trend these days to have flashy LEDs in the tail-lamp assembly itself and alternating brake and reverse lights when the vehicle brakes is proving to be dangerous than having broken tail lamps. Earlier it was the LEDs and now flashy bulbs.

People find some way or the other to make driving a pain in the neck, not just for themselves but for others as well!
Old 28th December 2010, 19:05   #34
Senior - BHPian

Have seen a lot of cars with duct taped rear lamps. Eben if a bulb shows a sign of wearing out, i immediately change it. Not sure why they tend to neglect these things

Even worse than a rear light is a headlight going off and especially the left one. Quite often u mistake it at night for a 2 wheeler coming at you, which can be dangerous at times
Old 28th December 2010, 19:31   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Have seen a lot of cars with duct taped rear lamps. Eben if a bulb shows a sign of wearing out, i immediately change it. Not sure why they tend to neglect these things

Even worse than a rear light is a headlight going off and especially the left one. Quite often u mistake it at night for a 2 wheeler coming at you, which can be dangerous at times
Even worse are dark colored 4-wheelers with the right-side HL broken. Looks like a bike in the proper lane from a distance, until reality hits you, sometimes literally crashes into you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks