Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2011, 20:36   #1
BHPian

Attacked with a BRICK at Traffic Signal !!!

I was returning from work en route the Delmia circle proceeding towards Jayanagar. There is a mother dairy on the left and the signal being red i stopped my car. It was almost 7:30pm today when all of a sudden a guy completely sloshed started to fist the left rear window! He picked up a brick and started to smash it on the rear glass. I was not in a position to get out of the car and stop this madness due to dense traffic. Finally when i found a small gap screeched ahead and stopped the car and got out to chase this guy and give him some trashing!

In the mean while a couple of auto guys managed to call the cop on traffic duty however this sloshed guy made his way into the slums and darkness. What surprised me was this drama ended in approx 3 to 4 mins however not a single soul was brave enough to stop this guy! Probably in fear of being hit by the brick or getting hurt. The next 10 mins was spent in examining my car for any damage. I was relieved that there was none. The figo is surely well built and this is proof. However i still want to examine it closely tomorrow morning.

i was caught completely by surprise and hope this does not happen to any one. Phew what a day!!!
Old 13th January 2011, 20:40   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Attacked with a BRICK at Traffic Signal !!!

@sumathindra: That is a sad experience! It is a good thing you were actually able to catch him, and I hope he realizes his folly when he wakes up the next day.
It is an even better thing that there was no damage to your car.
Did you lodge an FIR with the police?
A similar incident happened to us when our brand new lancer tail light (more like the show reflector they have next to the tail light) was hit by an intoxicated person. Unfortunately it broke, and due to traffic, we were not able to stop, and later unable to find him either.
Old 13th January 2011, 20:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wow, seems like he really lost it! In a way, he was probably so drunk that he didnt cause too much damage to the car. I am glad that you are safe, it shows how much we need to be alert on the roads these days.
I am not defending anyone, but at that time of the day everyone is just looking to get home and not really in the mood to run behind someone.
Old 13th January 2011, 20:50   #4
BHPian

@ lamborghini, @ selfdrive Thanks guys. I was dead tired today after a series of reviews with my team and this had to happen. Trust me I was more pained by the fact that my car took the beating. You feel so frustrated when the situation is not in your control. I have decided to carry a crowbar or a hockey stick hence forth!
Old 13th January 2011, 21:37   #5
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 14th January 2011 at 19:24.
flyingkolors is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th January 2011, 22:12   #6
BHPian

Re: Attacked with a BRICK at Traffic Signal !!!

I hope that you checked the valuable articles (if any) in the car also? In Delhi / NCR, sometimes kids knock at the opposite window or tries to scratch the body of the car, when driver comes out of the car to see or chase the kid, another person tooks the valuables (like mobile, wallet, cash, laptop etc) from the car and just vanish in the traffic. They target the cars having 1 person only.

I hope that everything is allright in your case.
Old 13th January 2011, 22:15   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
I hope that you checked the valuable articles (if any) in the car also? In Delhi / NCR, sometimes kids knock at the opposite window or tries to scratch the body of the car, when driver comes out of the car to see or chase the kid, another person tooks the valuables (like mobile, wallet, cash, laptop etc) from the car and just vanish in the traffic. They target the cars having 1 person only.

I hope that everything is allright in your case.
All the windows were rolled up, no worries on that. My first instinct was to take the car to a safe place and ten go after the attacker. Thats what i did however by then the guy fled the scene and the cop was also not able to track him. The cop had to go back to restore the traffic...
Old 13th January 2011, 22:25   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

@Sumathindra, hope there is no other damage to the Figo.

If the guy was drunk, and he did it purely out of intoxication, then it was just rotten luck that put you in that spot. Let's not read much into it.

I'm not able to figure out where exactly did this happen. The only place where I can think of with a mother dairy + slum is near that INdian Oil bunk between Delmia signal & SLV Ragigudda signal. Is this the spot ?
Old 13th January 2011, 22:27   #9
BHPian

thats a sad incident !

Was there anything that provoked him ? Maybe you halted too close to him or was he plain nuts to trash your car.

IMHO you carrying a hockey stick or crowbar is just going to make matters ugly for you the next time.

Last edited by Monkeyboy4u : 13th January 2011 at 22:28. Reason: corrected spelling
Old 13th January 2011, 22:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

carrying a weapon isnt going to help matters. It will only escalate the issue further
Old 13th January 2011, 22:32   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Sumathindra, hope there is no other damage to the Figo.

If the guy was drunk, and he did it purely out of intoxication, then it was just rotten luck that put you in that spot. Let's not read much into it.

I'm not able to figure out where exactly did this happen. The only place where I can think of with a mother dairy + slum is near that INdian Oil bunk between Delmia signal & SLV Ragigudda signal. Is this the spot ?
Spot on, just next to the mother dairy. I managed to squeeze in heavy traffic and take the immediate left and park the car there and rushed to catch the goon. This area is always prone to heavy traffic snarls and seldom see any cop around. I guess hence forth i will always try and be in midst of traffic than be on the pavement side. I plan to change the route to my office at least for a couple of days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyboy4u View Post
thats a sad incident !

Was there anything that provoked him ? Maybe you halted too close to him or was he plain nuts to trash your car.
This guy was completely sloshed. He was on a destruction spree. After smashing my car he attacked a couple of auto's and two wheelers...

Last edited by .anshuman : 14th January 2011 at 11:47. Reason: Back to back posts within 20mins. Please use edit button if posting again within 20 mins. Thanks
Old 14th January 2011, 10:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

Things like these absolutely get on one's nerve after a day of hard work. In this state of utter lawlessness one cannot take the law on hand too coz you dont know when the law keepers would spring out from somewhere and hold you responsible.

@Sumithandra - Feel really sorry for you. All I can say is that get the window glass replaced and move along. Good that you gave a thrashing to the guy, I am sure he will not even remember who and what hit him the next day or in the coming days.

Last edited by ghodlur : 14th January 2011 at 10:04.
Old 14th January 2011, 13:47   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh man! It's really bad luck man! I really feel for you! It's lucky that the car doesnt have a scratch.
Old 14th January 2011, 14:55   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
.. a guy completely sloshed ..
I too have been at the receiving end,same scenario. Brand new car, this guy starts banging my front windshield.Luckily no scratches on the glass.
Old 14th January 2011, 15:15   #15
BHPian

Thats a really bad situation. Sometimes when we are parked in dense traffic, we can't get out even if we want to. Similar thing happened to me when i was waiting for the traffic to move near malleshwaram big bazaar on a weekend, an auto guy though he could squeeze his auto between my car and a tree and ended up bumping me on the left, i couldn't get down as he found his way ahead. luckily nothing happend to my car, thank God for that...

I plan to carry my bike front shock rods under the seat going forward, Hooligans in Bangalore are getting braver coz no one fights back.

@ Sumant: First, its good news that nothing happened to you or the car. Next time use your car and try to scare them. Just the other day read about a car owner who ran over a guy who beat him up even tho it wasnt the car owners fault. I know its a little extreme but we could use our car to scare these pity attacks. Just my opinion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks