Team-BHP - Met an accident in Chennai - Suggestions please
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Met an accident in Chennai - Suggestions please (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/9597-met-accident-chennai-suggestions-please.html)

Hi all,

When I am moving in chennai Anna Salai (Mount Road) towards Gemini Fly
over, a maruthi 800 slowed down due to traffic snarl and I slowed
down. Every vehicle there moving in snail pace, all in a sudden a MTC
(City bus) banged at rear of my car and caused signficant damage. In
turn I banged at Maruti which caused slight damages.
Right now I am confused whether to take my vehicle to Sundaram
Automobiles or Sakthi fleet. Please suggest me. please:

Damages in my Palio:
Dick, Rear bumper, left Tail lamp, Rear left door unable to close
properly, left indicator not working, front screen.

Damages to Maruthi 800:
Rear tail lamps and rear bumper.

Since I didn't weared seat belt stupid: I banged at wind screen and broke
it, had a light injury at my lips. For People who are thinking its
not necessary to wear seat at slow speeds, my case is a learning
lesson. If I had weared seat I would have saved Rs 3500 worth front
wind screen transparent sun film and the wind screen.

Later took my vehicle to Police filed a case and got the Insurance
Certificate. No issues in Police station only thing I have pay Rs 100
as bribe to get the certificate. Not filed any case against driver
due to time constraints even though error is his .

Wish you all happy new year.

Regards,
Prasanna

Hi,

You should have taken the driver of the MTC Bus to the police station while lodging the complaint.
I fail to understand why it happens only here in India, where the vehicle who bumps/bangs into you from the rear is not considered a culprit. On the other hand they look at you and ask you why is that you applied brakes and decided to stop.
All over the world, the vehicle/person who bangs from the rear is responsible for the damages caused both to his vehicle and the vehicle in front of him.

Its very frustrating :Frustrati to have to accept the damage/loss and not be able to do anything about it. Last week, I had a minor accident wherein the truck at the traffic light signal came and brushed on the left hand side of the door. I spent about an hour trying to convince him that it was his fault, and asked him to come to the police station to lodge a complaint. He was not keen, since he knew that the cops will milk him. Anyway finally managed to extract 750.00 Rs from him. Not a big amount compared to the loss I had to suffer, But I guess the truck driver will remember for quite sometime about his loss of 750.00 and will be careful next time around.

Here in Mumbai, the traffic situation is so bad that the cops dont seem to do anything, rather dont have the will at all. They are busy looking for people who commit minor offences, from whom they can extract the bribe.
Unless, the whole system is overhauled, and the issuing of driving licences and the traffic rules are made very stringent, it is a very nightmarish situation we will be left looking at.

[SIZE=2]very sad to hear that buddy, anna salai traffick suks!!! u should have got the driver to accompany u to the cops n get a case filed. take your car to sundaram mototrs, they are pretty reputed. and please dont forget to wear your seat beltsplease: . drive safe[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]happy new year[/SIZE]

According to the law if you are richer than the other party you are guilty, unless you die in the accident

Quote:

Originally Posted by prkothan
Right now I am confused whether to take my vehicle to Sundaram
Automobiles or Sakthi fleet. Please suggest me.

Dear Prasanna,
I have had similar experiences in chennai and I think you did a good thing to file a complaint and get the Insurance Certificate. I would not bother too much about the us driver myself (however angry I am at him...) cuz simply, the police are not ging to do much about it unless you know someone really higher up.

I would suggest you go to sundaram (TVS) cuz they have a good reputation and did serve me well when I was in chennai 4 years back.

Am sure your case is a good example for all our friends who do not wear seat belts in slow-traffic. I used to do the same though I always wear my seat belts when I drive out of town. Now I will make it a habit to wear it ALL the time.

BTW, you should get 100% for the windshield but the sun-control film is a pity..... I hope you get a better compensation from the Insurance company.

Regards

Sri

Hi Prasanna,

I think its more of a reminder that you need to wear seatbelts all the time. No matter wht speed you are in. Good to hear that you are not hurt that bad and its the car alone.

Like Quicksilver has suggested, I think you can go to TVS.

Have a wonderful New Year ahead.

Sorry to hear about this incident,prkothan.

I suggest u call '5u3zero' immediately and ask him to help since he too owns a palio and has got his banged a couple o times.PM me if u need help.

Feel sad about the incident...

Only god can save the public from these maniacs. No use of police complaint (may be good enough to get your insurance but no punishment for the bus driver - at the most they would get a memo).

I've seen couple of incident where in one of the incident the bus driver tried to overtake my friend's 800 from a signal turn. There was enough space for a two wheeler to overtake from left side but that smart a$$ rushed his bus from left rear. RESULT - My friend had to buy a new door. And when he went to register a police complaint he was able to see two more parties waiting to register complaint against the metro bus drivers...one of the cop mentioned to my friends this is nothing new - its a BAU activity. It seems they receive at least two complaints a day.

In another incident near EGA Theatre Bridge, it was a incline position I had to stop my car due to traffic. And all of a sudden the bus in front of me rolled backwards and literally rested his A$$ in my right fender.....eeeyuuuuuuk. It was a horror to watch that...my baby getting hurt in front of my eyes :mad: but there is nothing I was able to do at that situation. Though I was careful to leave ample space for that idiot but still that idiot didn't use his brains to hit the brakes.

Thanks everyone for your suggestion. It seems spare parts not an issue. TVS Sundaram has all relevant spares. Hopefully I will get my Palio coming Friday.

Dropped my car for service at TVS. Estimate Rs 40,000. I had shed out Rs 8000. Need to change bumper, trunk door, windshield completely.

8000 rupees is quite an okay figure for a fiat palio accident damage.