Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2011, 20:54   #151
BHPian

Re: Story of Pajero Theft

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabombay View Post
We are definitely after him in spite of all his efforts to shake us off.
Buddy wanted to confirm who is "We" in the above statement.Is it police? Are they really supporting you even after a year.Or does we refer to you and your friends and well wishers.Because if its the police accompanying you then I am indeed happy that there are good people too in the Indian police force who are at least helping you to bring this to a logical conclusion.
Old 7th February 2011, 21:20   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Buddy wanted to confirm who is "We" in the above statement.Is it police? Are they really supporting you even after a year.Or does we refer to you and your friends and well wishers.Because if its the police accompanying you then I am indeed happy that there are good people too in the Indian police force who are at least helping you to bring this to a logical conclusion.
As long as there is no second mole among the guys that are accompanying you. Someone may be inadvertently informing another person and the news can just spread from there.
Good luck again for your efforts to bear fruit!
Old 7th February 2011, 21:22   #153
Team-BHP Support

@gtabombay: So you are doing this in secret by posting in a public forum?
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2011, 21:25   #154
BHPian

I salute you sir, for your persistence, inspite of the hurdles. Most people would not have bothered to go through with all of this.

Out of curiosity, do you think it is a good idea to update this thread with your investigation status. There are chances the accused, or one of his accomplices may be reading this.

Edit - just saw bblost's post. Anyway, google the accused, and this thread is the first thing that shows up!

Last edited by rg_chn : 7th February 2011 at 21:27.
Old 7th February 2011, 21:56   #155
Senior - BHPian

This is commendable. And I hope the thief is not reading these posts. How do you manage to get all these details? Hope to see this guy behind bars (no pun intended) soon.
Old 7th February 2011, 22:12   #156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperone View Post
Also get the windows and alloys etched, it costs only a hundred rupees but is a good deterrent.
Quiet easy to change glass panes and alloy rims is it not? I never got the logic of this "solution".

@GTA, perhaps you should not post until the thief is caught. And perhaps "suppress" this thread and make it vanish until its all over

I have a feeling you are using professional help like a detective agency run by a former army intelligence man.

Not posting it all in one is really adding to the suspense and interest! Appreciate your narrative skills

Good luck in your hunt!
Old 8th February 2011, 03:33   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Quiet easy to change glass panes and alloy rims is it not? I never got the logic of this "solution".

Good luck in your hunt!
Well, Ragul, you usually etch your number on all the windows, and the front and rear windscreens, so its gonna cost a pretty packet to change all 6 glasses. The logic is just to make it a lot tougher to steal, after all, there's really no fool proof solution.

Best of luck Gta, Hope you nail the crook.
Old 8th February 2011, 05:47   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
@gtabombay: So you are doing this in secret by posting in a public forum?
That is precisely what I was thinking. Isnt it a bit.......well....Stupid!!
Old 8th February 2011, 08:08   #159
BHPian

I agree that it looks a bit stupid to bring the case up in a public forum. But much water has flowed under bridge after the incidents narrated here. Countless Pajeroes have been stolen after mine. This man is still operating without a care in the world.

I have no illusions that I will stop him on my own. I wanted to bring out into open the reasons why he is not caught till today and the danger that he is posing to Mumbai's citizens.

My case is not unique, it is being repeated day after day. Only yesterday I was talking to one man whose Pajero was stolen last month in exactly the same manner. He noticed a Santro following him, but didn't think much about it. It really boils my blood to hear that.

If this thread somehow creates an awareness and motivates people to safeguard their vehicles, I will have achieved what I wanted. The less vehicles he gets to steal from more alert owners, the more desperate he is going to become.

The information posted on this thread has already been compromised. It no longer has any relevance to the outcome of this investigation, one way or the other. The point to bring home is that, more than Nasrat and his tribe it is the attitude of the police that is responsible for every vehicle that gets stolen.

I hope as many people read this thread and one day may be some one may actually recognize Nasrat from his photo and help bring about his capture -- keep a lookout for any vehicle ( especially a Santro, Esteem, Verna) following you in a suspicious manner.

It doesn't matter that Nasrat may be reading this forum ( with the help of his Police cronies, no doubt). It is not going to help him as much as it will help his intended victims.

Last edited by gtabombay : 8th February 2011 at 08:26.
gtabombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2011, 08:40   #160
BHPian

Quote:
The point to bring home is that, more than Nasrat and his tribe it is the attitude of the police that is responsible for every vehicle that gets stolen.
That sums up EVERYTHING posted in this thread.
Quote:
It is not going to help him as much as it will help his intended victims.
Salute your attitude.
Old 8th February 2011, 09:50   #161
Senior - BHPian

Hi gtabombay,

Please let us all know why you you did not take the help of Media when you had so much evidence against nasrat and few corrupt cops aiding him?
Old 8th February 2011, 10:09   #162
BHPian

GTA you are doing a great job of making more and more car owners alert of the danger of theft and the steps they need to take to prevent their rides from getting stolen. On my part I have already called two of my friends who owned Pajeros to take measures to prevent theft. They may not be in Mumbai but the threat looms large even on Delhi which is vulnerable due to its proximity to UP and Bihar in particular.

The theft alone is not a problem. The fences who buy the stolen cars, the guys who help to get them re-registered in other states or break them down into spares are equally responsible. "Effective" policing should be able to locate these workshops and stop them.

Well done in your endeavors and I hope that this thief gets caught soon and is punished for what he has done.
Old 8th February 2011, 10:22   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Hi gtabombay,

Please let us all know why you you did not take the help of Media when you had so much evidence against nasrat and few corrupt cops aiding him?
I don't believe that he will caught with the help of blaring media coverage. In the early stages I thought he would be caught soon and the exposure in media would drive him underground. I have realised now that he won't ever stop, it is too easy and there is too much money, besides he is enjoying the high life which only Mumbai can give him.

Last edited by gtabombay : 8th February 2011 at 10:24.
Old 8th February 2011, 11:05   #164
BHPian

Hi gtabombay,

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Hats off to you for your patience and perseverance. I can't think of anyone who would have taken this route.

Though it may take time, I am sure you will succeed in your endeavors.

Last edited by ir458 : 8th February 2011 at 11:07.
Old 8th February 2011, 11:15   #165
BHPian

A lot of us could learn from your persistence and perseverance. This thread gives one insight on the modus operandi of thieves and the functioning of the police, and I'm sure it will help save a Pajero or two.

And I just have to say this, I read through the whole thread in one session. Maybe it's the story, maybe it's the way you wrote it, but it's only Sam's threads that provide one the energy to scroll through 200 posts in one go (other than this one). Although I, like most other people, was expecting you to have the thief behind bars and your Pajero recovered, from your initial posts.

Here's to hoping that you'll get a chance to give this guy what's due to him.

Oh wait, gtabombay, I get it now...nice ID.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks