Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2011, 23:22   #61
BANNED

Re: Story of Pajero Theft

guys don't rush him, let him tell the story in detail..
Old 4th February 2011, 00:08   #62
BHPian

Can Understand the loss to you money wise and emotion wise..
Will hope and pray that you will get your Pajero Back.

This was the incident behind your handle name right?
Old 4th February 2011, 00:41   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabombay View Post
A big thanks to all who are reading this thread.

I was totally unaware of the dangers lurking in this city and as this manhunt continues I get to hear many things from the Police -- some unrelated to motor vehicle theft. Some are shocking and unbelievable, some are funny but most are demoralising.In this big city of ours, the most shocking thing is that the Police are not working for the safety of its citizens, but they are the brokers of crime. They let it run under their control, getting a cut from every dispicable act of crime.

Very accurate insight!

Remember the story of the two fighting monkeys and the cat that brokers the deal to share the spoils "equally"? The cat keeps cutting the food into unequal parts "by accident" then tries to compensate by cutting it further (again unequally) and chomps up the cuts during the process, in the end eating the whole cake while pretending to mediate in the dispute!!

Cops are known to take a cut form both parties with the promise of an easy solution (lesser charges slapped on the accused for example or a promise to put the accused in a tight spot for the other party - all done discreetly and separately with both parties being ignorant of the game)

Many "stupid" mistakes are actually clever sabotage in disguise, to favor the other party and stall the game. This tactic is used at all levels by Government babu's and politicians.
Old 4th February 2011, 02:30   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Very accurate insight!
Cops are known to take a cut form both parties with the promise of an easy solution (lesser charges slapped on the accused for example or a promise to put the accused in a tight spot for the other party - all done discreetly and separately with both parties being ignorant of the game)
This reminds me of the theft of my colleague's bike. he had to pay a cut of around 8K to the cops, and the next morning the bike was miraculously found in the parking lot of the neighbouring housing society
It does look like you are waging a lonely battle against this man. I hope he gets his just desserts.
Old 4th February 2011, 04:12   #65
BHPian

You've got everyone glued to this post . I just wish that this story had a happy ending . Just one question, were you able to claim any insurance for the stolen vehicle ?
Old 4th February 2011, 07:58   #66
BHPian

Thank you all for reading. I am overwhelmed by your support and concern. The hunt is still on. Now I am doing it in public interest and also for the sake of the few police men who are with me.
Old 4th February 2011, 08:50   #67
Senior - BHPian

Ok. So its confirmed that your car was not recovered. And cops tried their best to do nothing. Jai Hind.

But what happens to this guy?
Was he ever caught? Punished?
Or he is busy plying his trade? And cops watching gleefully and who knows, salivating and rubbing their hands in anticipation of another payment?

And how come bblost had his picture? I tried goggling it. But no use.
Old 4th February 2011, 09:06   #68
Senior - BHPian

I have a strong feeling that the thief couldnt care less. A man who can steal a Pajero within 10 minutes is so dumb he used cards in conjuction with his cards. The Impunity with which he used the stolen and his own cards is worth considering.

Even the photograph may be a decoy.
Old 4th February 2011, 09:06   #69
BHPian

API from local Police Stn, requested the CDR (call data records) of the IMEI number of the E63. In Mumbai, normal police cannot get this information easily. They have to go through the DCP's office. This takes a long time, if ever.

I realized that the Motor Vehicle Unit was sabotaging their own investigation, and protecting the very same racket which they are supposed to stop. So I met Joint CP Crime. He promised me that he will have it wrapped up in no time at all given the amount of evidence I had.

He sent me to another unit of Crime Branch. Here I got the call records of this IMEI within hours. We analyzed the call records -- it was painstaking. I got a small program to analyze it quickly. It was clear that the target had fled Mumbai on 23rd Jan, the day he called an ICICI bank landline number. There were no calls after 23rd Jan on this number.

Frustrated, we requested the CDR of the mobile number. This gave us ten new IMEIs. We again requested the CDR of all 10 IMEIs. Thus we got another working number of his. The new location was PratabhGarh in UP. We made inquiries with local taxi drivers from UP.

Turns out that he is a well known character. The guy is a terror in his village. He is financing his brother's political ambitions (another criminal who is facing murder charges in Mumbai). Many are too scared to talk about this duo. Police are not so keen on going to UP -- UP police are not famous for their co-operation with their counterparts elsewhere.

To be continued

Last edited by GTO : 4th February 2011 at 09:51. Reason: Do NOT personally name officials
Old 4th February 2011, 09:38   #70
Senior - BHPian

GTABombay, Very interesting story, sad to know the reality. You stay safe and dont get mixed up in the mess.

Tell us something... Where is the insurance in all this story? IIRC, any untraceable car for more than 3 or 6 months is valid to get a letter of not-found from cops and you go to your insurer and claim the money (less depreciation) right? You mentioned it over a year since the theft???
Old 4th February 2011, 09:43   #71
Senior - BHPian

I must applaud your tenacity in pursuing this case to nab the culprit. Most of us would have focused on getting as much money as we can, from insurance companies.

What worries me(I hope I am wrong), is that police might keep this case open since they have some things to work on, and might not give closure letter which is required by insurance.
Old 4th February 2011, 09:48   #72
Team-BHP Support

Its flabbergasting to say the least. I am shocked at the way the police have gone about their job. Can anybody be so dumb?

And yes, be it anywhere, every crime (not petty ones) is known to police.

Have you tried to contact the highest authority you could? What is their response to this? Media? (They too are not good, but...)

Sorry for breaking the flow, but couldn't resist posting my comments.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2011, 09:57   #73
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod : Gtabombay, please do NOT take names, and / or personally attack individuals / officials.

We have a strict stand against personal attacks. Do refer to our board rules before proceeding any further.
Old 4th February 2011, 10:21   #74
BHPian

Any doubts we had about Nasrat vanished the moment we analyzed the call records of both the phone numbers. His location was near Don Bosco, Matunga at the time I was at Coffee Day. His location coincides with mine all the way to the place where I parked the vehicle. There is no doubt at all that the guy with the ICICI account was following me all the way from Matunga to Antop Hill.

But the funny thing is, his location was at Chembur at the time I parked at Don Bosco. He reached after me. How he got wind of my Pajero, and how quickly he reached Matunga is a mystery. It appears that many watchmen in restaurants, hotels and malls are informers working for him. He operates with a vast network. His movements are mostly at night 9pm to 3 am. His areas of operation are where the high value vehicles are to be found -- like Malabar Hill, Juhu, Chandivli etc. This can be made out from the call records. He hunts during the night and sleeps during the day. Every night he tries to steal a high value vehicle. His success rate I can estimate from the money flowing into his account. At least ten vehicles per month. His income is estimated to be not less 10 lacs per month.

I caught one constable whose number appeared in Nasrat's call list. He was in contact with Nasrat in UP. He had the inside information of how my car was stolen. He mentioned the Matunga Coffee Day rendezvous with the lady ( this fact was not known to the police ) and how Nasrat pulled out the lock of the rear door and was making the duplicate key while sitting in his car when I pulled out. His key was not ready by the time I left. That is why he followed me and could vanish with my car in 10 minutes. His duplicate key was ready by the time, all he had to do was to start the car be off.

He was out of Thane check-post even before I could file the police complaint.

A certain Constable was informing all about our activities to Nasrat.

Note from Mod : Gtabombay, please do NOT take names, and / or personally attack individuals / officials.

Last edited by gtabombay : 4th February 2011 at 10:53. Reason: See note at the end of your post. Thanks
Old 4th February 2011, 10:35   #75
BHPian

It is rarely that you get documented evidence against the criminals who lift vehicles. By the time theft is noticed the vehicle and the thief are already out of state. When I realized the scale of this man's operations, the police complicity, that is when I determined that I should pursue this case as far as possible. It was a learning experience for me. I am not very disappointed or mad with those who have taken the other side. It is just a fact of life, I suppose.

If I can't do much with so much eveidence and subsequent effort, I can imagine the plight of other people .

The insurance people had to honour my claim, because the final police report mentions Nasrat by name as officially wanted in this case.

Even after imsurance there is a loss of 8 lacs.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks