Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2011, 10:36   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Story of Pajero Theft

^^ Sorry for the interruption, but doesn't the Pajero have immobilizer keys? How can he duplicate such a key so rapidly?
Old 4th February 2011, 10:36   #77
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. While I appreciate you sharing this information on this forum, I believe you should provide the evidence you have collected to the media.

Do contact any of the local or national new channel with your story and hopefully we might see a full blown investigation in this regard once the media starts reporting.
Old 4th February 2011, 10:36   #78
BHPian

Sorry, no more names from here on.
Thanks for advice.
Old 4th February 2011, 10:39   #79
BHPian

Hi,

Whatever you do do not try to go to U.P. I found my Bolero there. The cop at the cop station kept demanding money under various guises. When I finally refused, since I had two Delhi police guys with me, he began to try to intimidate me by displaying his service pistol. So I know it first hand that they are hand-in-glove with the thieves.
Cut your loss, claim insurance and don't get this guy to hunt you down. Remember he has no scruples in putting a .9mm slug into your being. Let it go, you have done enough good.

Regards,

Chaunfa
Old 4th February 2011, 10:41   #80
BHPian

Sorry to hear about the loss of your car and to add insult to injury, the insensitive and non-cooperative police. Will be watching this thread closely. Hope you recover your car and get justice!
Old 4th February 2011, 10:46   #81
Senior - BHPian

this just further proves my suspiscions that mumbai police is infiltrated at various levels and is thoroughly compromised except for a chosen few. It will take one determined man, if there is one such anyways which I really doubt, to weed out the rottens.

If this fellow needs to compulsively steal high-value targets, he can be snared & caught red-handed by a few vigilantes by planting a high-value car in a remote location and keeping watch on this asset. This can be done once his mobile records prove that he is back in the city.
Old 4th February 2011, 10:51   #82
BHPian

Nasrat returned exactly after one month, but he had changed his mobile numbers, his handsets and his residence. He started with a clean slate. It took me three months to get back on his trail. That story will be in the next post.

Last edited by gtabombay : 4th February 2011 at 11:00.
Old 4th February 2011, 10:52   #83
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday's TOI front page had a cartoon, and this stolen(and yet to be recovered) pajero story can fit into one of those caricatures.

I appreciate gtabombay's efforts to trace his car. I also wish that he takes ample security measures to protect himself before venturing anything.

PS: I just finished reading Aravind Adiga's The white tiger.

Edit:

Fact1: UP elections are coming soon.
Fact2: Pajero is an apt vehicle for election campaigning.

Last edited by ramzsys : 4th February 2011 at 10:55.
Old 4th February 2011, 10:59   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabombay View Post
It is rarely that you get documented evidence against the criminals who lift vehicles. By the time theft is noticed the vehicle and the thief are already out of state. When I realized the scale of this man's operations, the police complicity, that is when I determined that I should pursue this case as far as possible. It was a learning experience for me. I am not very disappointed or mad with those who have taken the other side. It is just a fact of life, I suppose.

If I can't do much with so much eveidence and subsequent effort, I can imagine the plight of other people .

The insurance people had to honour my claim, because the final police report mentions Nasrat by name as officially wanted in this case.

Even after imsurance there is a loss of 8 lacs.
Do you mean to say that the women you were on a date with is also with the criminal?

The way you were writing the post, like everyone else, i felt that you have got your car back. Sorry to hear about your loss. This time do not get a car with low security features, alway park your car in bright well light areas.
Old 4th February 2011, 11:39   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabombay View Post
The insurance people had to honour my claim, because the final police report mentions Nasrat by name as officially wanted in this case.

Even after imsurance there is a loss of 8 lacs.
Thankfully insurance did their part (of course that does not help with 8 lakh loss).

Please post your experience with insurance company as well. This will help others who might find themselves in similar situation.

I wonder, in such situation what will police do even if vehicle is fitted with GPS? Wont take much time for them to inform the thief. Thief can incapacitate the device (GSM jammers / removal of box /removal of SIM from box).
Old 4th February 2011, 11:47   #86
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear your loss. Which is the new vehicle that you have bought? Sometimes I feel, one should buy a vehicle that is a market dud. Atleast, one wouldn't have to worry about it being flicked!

May be thats why I prefer the Sumo Grande!
Old 4th February 2011, 11:51   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaunfa View Post
Hi,

Whatever you do do not try to go to U.P. I found my Bolero there. The cop at the cop station kept demanding money under various guises. When I finally refused, since I had two Delhi police guys with me, he began to try to intimidate me by displaying his service pistol. So I know it first hand that they are hand-in-glove with the thieves.
Are you serious? I can't believe it.
Quote:
Cut your loss, claim insurance and don't get this guy to hunt you down. Remember he has no scruples in putting a .9mm slug into your being. Let it go, you have done enough good.
Who? nasrat? Why would he want to hunt gtabombay down??

@GTAbombay: Wouldn't it make sense if you bought a used Pajero about the same age as as your's in case of an eventuality? It would negate the loss.
Anyway, my toes are crossed until I read the next part of the story..
Old 4th February 2011, 15:21   #88
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Hope there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

On a lighter vein, you should start making movies, your narration is brilliant.
Old 4th February 2011, 15:37   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
I wonder, in such situation what will police do even if vehicle is fitted with GPS? Wont take much time for them to inform the thief. Thief can incapacitate the device (GSM jammers / removal of box /removal of SIM from box).
This is one of the reason why I haven't bothered with GPS tracking in my vehicle. Even if I manage to track the car, the police will do nothing to follow the lead. They think they main job is to check documents, negotiate disputes, and extort money from businesses. I wonder when this country will get a professional police force. Right now it is like 19th century wild west.

Last edited by Samurai : 4th February 2011 at 16:05. Reason: typo
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2011, 15:57   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

@Samurai: I think you meant "wild west"

You are spot on. There are cases that I know of with GPS unit the people are showing the police where the vehicle is but they do not move an inch and stick with "mujhe mera kaam sikhaoge!!??" attitude.
sudev is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks