Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2011, 16:13   #91
BHPian

Re: Story of Pajero Theft

If the GPS shows where the vehicle is and if the vehicle is in running condition, why not "steal" it back? ;-)

Jokes apart, not all GPS trackers are easily disabled (by cutting the GPS antenna/power wire). I use a Trimtrac (with no external antenna) embedded deep inside the vehicle and the internal battery can survive ~18-24 days (in SMS query mode) even after the main vehicle battery is disconnected. Cell jammers or a shielded warehouse may be the only respite for the thief.
Old 4th February 2011, 16:20   #92
BHPian

Slightly OT - Like someone already asked, doesn't the Pajero have something like a rolling-code key that is present in Swift/Punto. Like in my Swift you cannot start the car unless you have the original key. Even if you make a duplicate key the engine locked sign will be "ON" and the engine won't crank. I think the only way to steal is by towing or carrying away the vehicle.

gtabombay - Salute to your persistence and attitude
Old 4th February 2011, 16:33   #93
Senior - BHPian

gtabombay: What is stopping you to approach the media with such a robust case? I'm sure with so much of information and evidence in hand it would only be a matter of days before the corrupt officials (and their seniors) are pressurized by the media to nab the guy.

or

Is it that you have different plans? I don't know why but it looks like you have been very calm throughout (which is exceptional) and actually thought things through where many of us would have simply lost hope. I strongly believe that somewhere you are certain that this guy is going to be nabbed or should I say you are certain that you can catch this guy. Huh?

PS: I love my car too and can only imagine how killing it would be to lose her. Sincerely hope that you recover her or at least get compensated in some way.

gtabombay?? Why is the handle inspired by your vehicle theft that would continue to remind you of the same incident everytime u log on to t-bhp.
Old 4th February 2011, 16:36   #94
BHPian

@gtabombay Really feel like doing the "Jahapana Tussi great ho, Tohfu kabool karo" salute.
Really admire the persistence and appreciate at least someone showed that the "Chalta hai" attitude of we Indians is not done.

I am sure we at t-bhp would be glad to be of any help.At least the t-bhp network has been successful in nailing down the cars of past thefts.

Hope you are able bring your efforts to a happy conclusion.
Old 4th February 2011, 16:45   #95
Senior - BHPian

but related.

The year was 1986 and the incident took place at Tuticorin during my bachelor days. I had just bought my first bike and so had a few of my colleagues. One of them who was staying near my room had bought a brand new Hero-Honda and on that particular night he went to bed at 11.00 PM after taking a loving look at his bike which was parked inside the compound.

The next morning he came out at 6.00 AM for a cup of tea and was shocked to find his bike missing. He immediately came and rang my bell. I went with him to the police station and lodged a complaint immediately. A SI and a constable came to the room by jeep at 9.00 AM and after preliminary enquiries took my friend with them on a "search mission". En route they stopped for a sumptuous breakfast, which my friend had to pay for. Then they topped up fuel for the jeep, again courtesy my friend. The mission continued till lunch time, the policemen chatting encouragingly all the while!

Then it was time for lunch, and away they went for mutton biryani. No prizes for guessing who paid for it! In the meantime a (not so small for the time) bribe of Rs 500.00 also changed hands. Then after tea-time they dropped my friend in his room, promising to get back to him as soon as something turned up.

Sure enough he got a call at 5.30 PM telling him to come to a spot on the Tiruchendur highway, about 11 KM from town. We rushed there immediately and his bike was there, abandoned under a tree, with the two policemen nearby. There was no damage on the bike, but the fuel tank was empty. The odo showed it had been ridden for about 150 KM. My friend was greatly relieved and gave another Rs 200 to them, they took some finger prints from the bike but said there will be little chance of catching the thief as it seemed the handiwork of some youngsters out for a joyride!

I was skeptical about the theory and had a suspicion there was more to it, and they knew the thief. Now fast forward to year 2011 and it seems things have only worsened with time!

Edit: Those who think the bribe was a pittance, please remember that our salary then was a princely Rs 1050.00 PM!

Last edited by Gansan : 4th February 2011 at 16:47.
Gansan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2011, 16:55   #96
BHPian

^^
reminds me of the Pulsar thiefs in the movie "Polladhavan".
Guess all robberies happen with some sort of help from the same people who are paid to protect us.
Old 4th February 2011, 17:06   #97
Senior - BHPian

Gtabombay, sorry to hear about your loss. Its sad that inspite of all your tireless efforts, you are still unable to get hold of your car. A couple of questions which have already been raised and are worrying me yet.

1) Does the Pajero start with a duplicate key? Do they not have an immobiliser or is this man smart enough to bypass that?
2) Why have you not approached the media with your evidence yet?
3) Have you approached Mitsubishi service centers with the chassis and engine no of your pajero, so that incase it goes for a service, you will be alerted?

Hope and pray that you get back your car, and also hope and pray that these corrupt spineless police officers rot in hell.
Old 4th February 2011, 17:23   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
gtabombay: What is stopping you to approach the media with such a robust case? I'm sure with so much of information and evidence in hand it would only be a matter of days before the corrupt officials (and their seniors) are pressurized by the media to nab the guy.
He has posted on T-BHP, and that is quite close to publishing it in Media. I know for a fact that quite a few people from media follow it professionally.
Old 4th February 2011, 18:02   #99
BHPian

When will the systems change for good? These guys must be punished severly, shameless parasites. I know,No words can ease you Gtabombay. I can imagine your plight.
Old 4th February 2011, 18:29   #100
BHPian

how did bblost get the pic of the guy??
Old 4th February 2011, 18:32   #101
BHPian

From the Bank's account opening form I guess.
Old 4th February 2011, 18:47   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post
From the Bank's account opening form I guess.
And how did he get access to the Bank account's opening form?
Old 4th February 2011, 18:51   #103
BHPian

Once you have the account details, in case of criminal cases, the bank might provide the forms or a soft copy of the form/pic. Again this is just an assumption going by the rest of the thread. gtabombay can clarify this.
Old 4th February 2011, 19:02   #104
BHPian

GTAbombay - I really admire your courage, persistence and astuteness. On the other hand, I'm not very surprised by the police's ineptness, corrupt ways, or their efforts to impede the proceedings of the case. It almost seems as if Mr Nasrat is a silent stakeholder in the very investigation that is being carried out to nab him! something like the plot of Hollywood movie "the departed".

I can imagine your frustration, and feel sorry for your loss. but I really wish and pray that you get to the bottom of this. for the good of all of us. Although your effort and clever thinking so far is very commendable, i urge you to be tactful and safe. All the best.

Following this thread closely,
S
Old 4th February 2011, 19:10   #105
Senior - BHPian

This is really intriguing. One stupid question I had was about what happens if you just locate your stolen vehicle and get into it and leave? Of course the thieves are not stupid enough to keep the car around the same place, but still a possibility if it is within a short duration.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks