Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2011, 12:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP Stickers and their effect on your driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
This was the first ever chance meeting with a fellow T-BHP'ian and it turned out like this. I have the car model and vehicle number, but i dont want to be sharing this here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
My point is that if the defaulter is a BHPian then jkrishnakj you need to giv the details of the guy.
IMO it is suprising that the guy @jkrishnakj is talking about is a BHPian.
It could be a T-bhpians ride but driven by someone else than him. In that case it is not correct to mention details of the vehicle.
This is the same reason I chose not to order or put up stickers on any of my rides.
Probably we should not share the remaining stickers that we don't put up on our rides with others which we know as aggressive and reckless.
Old 19th March 2011, 13:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Probably we should not share the remaining stickers that we don't put up on our rides with others which we know as aggressive and reckless.
I completely agree with you, All of us know the high standards of Team-BHP, that's why we log on every single day, and even multiple times during the day, some of us never log off. and we definitely want to maintain the same high standards when we drive on the road.
Old 19th March 2011, 16:35   #18
BHPian

+1 to what mdsaab stated.
But guys we all agree that the stickers are super cool.
The probability that a guy just to flaunt them on his ride pasted them can't be denied.
There is no hard and fast rule that the one who wears the sticker is a member here.

And posting details is not going to do any good to what has already happened!
Old 19th March 2011, 20:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

I had posted this in other thread related to TeamBHP Stickers .

I recently sold my 800 and when the buyer came to take delivery I showed him the sticker at the back side it said I DRIVE SAFE and I told him to follow all rules and really drive safely, he just laughed off, I told him to come after 1 hr so that all my TBHP sickers were removed.

Ihanded over the car bare without any stickers , this is the way your car must be sold to strangers and non T Bhpian members , thats my view, Pls brothers say I am wrong or right. Regards
Old 19th March 2011, 20:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

^^ Agree with above. We should also be a little more careful regarding whom we give the spare stickers to.

As for me, my driving is still the same, with or without the stickers. BUT, now i do tend to keep my car more clean

Also, it seems the GotBHP sticker that i have on my boot has more effect on other people's driving than mine!!
Old 19th March 2011, 21:24   #21
dot
Senior - BHPian

The discussion is going in the direction I was hoping for.

See, I do enjoy to rip, once in a while. I take a good care of when to do this, like no traffic, or a lonely stretch etc. However, I dont want a bystander or someother car occupant to say, "Hey look, a THP fellow driving rash".
Old 19th March 2011, 22:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Agree with prince pervez, the only reason I don't have the stickers is cause at times people other than me drive it. I have been itching to get one, but I am in a catch 22 situation.
Old 19th March 2011, 23:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
I had posted this in other thread related to TeamBHP Stickers .

I recently sold my 800 and when the buyer came to take delivery I showed him the sticker at the back side it said I DRIVE SAFE and I told him to follow all rules and really drive safely, he just laughed off, I told him to come after 1 hr so that all my TBHP sickers were removed.

Ihanded over the car bare without any stickers , this is the way your car must be sold to strangers and non T Bhpian members , thats my view, Pls brothers say I am wrong or right. Regards
I definately think you did the right thing there buddy!

@dot we all like to rip and enjoy our cars once in a while. But you are very careful when you do so, and thats how it should be. So i guess the time has come to get your civic stickered up. I know you drive safe!
Old 20th March 2011, 00:07   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Agree with prince pervez, the only reason I don't have the stickers is cause at times people other than me drive it. I have been itching to get one, but I am in a catch 22 situation.
I never let anyone else drive my car, if I'm sober (except my dad). The only opportunity some one gets to be in the driver seat of my ride is when I'm drunk, and I make sure the worthy gets the seat, or else I take a taxi.
Old 20th March 2011, 19:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
I never let anyone else drive my car, if I'm sober (except my dad). The only opportunity some one gets to be in the driver seat of my ride is when I'm drunk, and I make sure the worthy gets the seat, or else I take a taxi.

I am forced to hand over my car, never I willingly give it. My mom thinks I am still to young to drive and inexperienced. "There is too much traffic". "Its a single lane highway". "You have been driving for long,get some rest". The list goes on .
And when I am under influence, I always stay over at a friends place. No driving or riding.
Old 21st March 2011, 15:31   #26
BHPian

While I consider myself to be a good driving skills (road sense+respect towards fellow good drivers), getting the car stickered puts in that conscious thought of not featuring in the 'bad drivers thread'. More so if you have the TBHP tag.

Without hesitating, I will also admit - If I am driving nicely, get spotted by the sticker and get mentioned in one or the other threads related to good driving - it will make me feel good! How many times do we applaud someone for good driving in a non-stickered car?

New thread? Good/Bad T-bhp drivers?
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2011, 15:46   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Also, it seems the GotBHP sticker that i have on my boot has more effect on other people's driving than mine!!
^^ True, have noticed this, "GotBHP" sticker has adverse effects on others on road

With TBHP stickers on ride there comes responsibility no second thought about it. And one way or other the sticker on our rides influences our driving.

Cheers !!!
Old 21st March 2011, 23:12   #28
BHPian

@mdsaab - great thread. Yes, putting up the TBHP stickers has had the following positive effects. its true that no one has spotted me yet (in the spottings thread i mean) but still, i feel responsible towards our community.

1. Sedate driving. no cutting lanes abruptly, no speeding.

2. No road rage. i have to admit that earlier i used to get into verbal duels / abuses and at times, down to fist fighting many a time i took out my vehicle. it was worse to the point that my wifey refused to travel with me in car especially for long trips. now she is happy and even keeps an eye for cars with TBHP stickers . of course, age, maturity and arrival of a little angel too has played a big role in this aspect apart from TBHP.

3. a week back i spent around 5K (at the risk of a highly stretched monthly budget) to fix the dents and paint the bumpers to make the car look better. i was feeling ashamed to drive around in a car with TBHP stickers with a lot of scratches that gives one a feeling that i was a reckless driver.

4. reduced honking ie, upto 90%. this is in fact a result of bumping into member 'appuchan's thread related to honking rather than putting up the stickers. nevertheless, it's an effect of TBHP.
Old 22nd March 2011, 02:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
We should also be a little more careful regarding whom we give the spare stickers to.
sirji, you're driving very carefully na?

one a serious note, like Amitoj mentioned, my driving hasn't changed since becoming a member of Team-BHP; always have been and will be a safe driver

i'm proud to be part of this community of petrol-heads and i'm proud to adorn the Team-BHP stickers on my rides!

RIDE SAFE! RIDE with PRIDE!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 22nd March 2011 at 02:51.
Old 22nd March 2011, 09:02   #30
BHPian

@Prince - I guess it is even more important that the person publish the vehicle details so the owner knows the people he is lending his vehicle to and can be more aware of the consequences. In event of an accident it is the owner who will be in a bigger mess to get his vehicle released rather than the one driving
Purely my point of view

Most Viewed