Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2011, 10:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP Stickers and their effect on your driving!

In my opinion, the sense of belonging to the community gives me a little extra patience. The patience to wait at the signal till the light turns green and to ignore the numerous honks from behind
I agree with dot; the stickers may not have an effect on everyones driving, so in that case they should just answer as no effect. As the stickers do have some effect on some people, the existence of the thread should not be questioned IMHO
I have ordered a set too and will try to put up an update if it has any effect on my driving!
Old 13th April 2011, 11:04   #47
BHPian

Personally, i respect other drivers on the road and hence avoid driving that causes inconvenience to others. But some cases where i loose my temper with nuisance drivers, i tend to change my driving style :(

After putting up the team-bhp ticker on my car, somehow - i am always reminded that "Hey -You have a team-bhp sticker and its kind of representing the community. Behave yourself".

75% of the time, this sticker really calms me down.
Old 13th April 2011, 11:11   #48
BHPian

Its so true.
I have the 'live to drive ' one. This sticker is a mighty one.
From the day i have stuck it i check out each and every fab looking car to sport a similar one. I have definitely become more conscious after putting TBHP stickers.
Old 15th May 2011, 16:29   #49
j76
BHPian

Hi,

As a proud member of this forum, i was shamed by the rash driving of a "fellow" member driving a Black logan (MH 06 AN ****) with spoilers, alloy wheels and t-bhp drive safe stickers. I was struck by the irony of it "safe indeed" and what others might think of a bunch of jokers being members of this forum. I would think that putting t-bhp stickers on your car bring with it a sense of responsibility, not bad publicity for a decent forum.
j76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 17:28   #50
BHPian

Feel conscious of sporting a Team BHP sticker. Proud too and while I am a cautious driver, do hope I would not commit some frivolous indiscretion. Feel that would be letting the team down as well!
ramases6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 11:20   #51
BHPian

Today, on my usual driving route, the number of vehicles were unusually high, probably due to rains and also due to the temples on the way, having some rush. Add this to the fact that the road is just single carriageway with one lane on both sides, and this road has large amount of town buses and college / office buses, and trucks plying on either directions. Because of this, traffic was moving painfully slow.

I was sticking to my lane, and moving with the bumper to bumper traffic.
Now, comes the hero, on whose path nothing can stand in between. He overtook me from the left, inches apart from me. I usually scan all my mirrors frequently, and whenever turning in any direction, even by a little, I usually check my mirrors. If I drive like the usual zipzappers, I could have banged on him.
After he crossed me, I noticed that, he was driving a Maruti 800 AC car, with left side mirror missing (standard for M800) and the right side mirror folded.
Next, he tried to overtake a Xylo from the right. But this time, there was no space for him to enter back. On the opposite lane, there was a bus coming, and he straight went and blocked the bus. Policeman came, shouted on him, and cleared the jam created by him.
The interesting part of all this was, this guy - who had no sense of the traffic, understanding of rules on overtaking etc, absolutely no care for his own or others' safety, was driving with the Team BHP sticker - "I Drive Safe".
I could not take a picture of his car because I was driving alone. Otherwise I would have posted it here to shame him.
Overtaking from the left, driving mirrors folded, driving on the wrong side, creating traffic jam and needing policeman to clear the mess created -- all these are not the characteristics of a person who would wear "I Drive Safe" sticker on his car.

I think, many guys paste these stickers on their cars, just because they are cool and popular. They do not think that they need to walk the talk as well.
There is no fun in being on the forum ranting about everybody else and then later go out on the road and do the same bad things that others were doing. Also, there is nothing great in following the rules when the roads are absolutely free. You should also follow the same set of rules when roads have peak traffic and amid frustration.
If you cannot do all these - please remove the stickers. We are all not maniac drivers, to whom everybody should give the way. But, the stickers mean that, we are the safest drivers around, and we will not suddenly indulge in any kind of stunts on the road.
hybridpetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 15:44   #52
BHPian

Many years back, I proudly used to put the TBHP stickers on my car. One day I realized that while I drive defensively 95% of the times, there are a few 5% when the traffic can get the better of me. In such situations, I did not want anyone to cast negative aspersions on the group for a fault I may have made. So I removed them and have been driving without them since then. Yes, my driving has become even more defensive, esp after my son was born, but I am still human. So I will still not be putting up the sticker on my car anytime soon. Too much pressure to be perfect amongst all the road chaos, man!
DriverR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 16:00   #53
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure my driving style has been affected by the stickers on my car. My driving style varies hugely based on mood - mostly I am calm and steady, but sometimes, I do get "cabbie style" aggressive. Used to be a 80-20 ratio ever since I was 18.

The only thing that has happened is, knowing that I have the stickers pasted on my car, I get guilty of driving aggressively. Over the past couple of years, the ratio has gone from 80-20 to 90-10.
Old 16th October 2015, 11:35   #54
BHPian

Being a BHPian has made me a safer, sedate and unruffled driver in the most irritating moments on the road. I always wanted to put those stickers on my car, I had promised myself that I will buy and put them on my car as soon as my membership gets approved.

But then my friends, cousin and sometimes the female friends also drive the car and folks I tell you; there have been situations when there is a girl driving the car and I have been on the co-drivers seat with my heart in mouth situation. That is not to say the all the female drivers are bad nor do I intend to offend any individual reading it. It's just that in those cases the sticker will fetch a bad name to the community and so I have not put them on my car.

Having said that, I also intend to reiterate that in times to come only selected few safe and reliable drivers;including female drivers will be gripping that chunky Alcantara in my car and so those stickers are certainly going to be put on it.
Old 16th October 2015, 14:28   #55
BHPian

My view is that sporting a TeamBHP sticker not only infuse a sense of responsibility but also helps in creating awareness about the community and its ideology. I have had many friends/colleagues/clients asking me about the sticker and the about the community.

Think of it, you stop your vehicle to give way to pedestrian or help an accident victim and they spot team-BHP sticker on your car, so next time they'll see it on another vehicle they know that the car belongs to a responsible Team BHP'ian who respect the road and its users.
grevvity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 14:34   #56
BHPian

Pardon me for the strong feelings inked down and do not know if this is OT

Any sticker when the purpose of it is to make the user unique and distinct should be made for members only.
Every member here has undergone the turmoil of the membership process and would agree it is not always easy first time.

Having said so I personally feel that the stickers also should be only a distinctive members only kind so that the members alone use it (it is akin to having an ID card of your employer)
Non members should not have any stickers option (in case it is difficult to administer) the member and non member sticker should be differentiating and distinguishable.
If the above is made possible then it really makes a special pride in stickering the ride.

Please I really plead anyone to see the tbhp sticker spotting and the acknowledgments given if anything to go by are really heartwarming. Folks if you do not want to acknowledge then do not get spotted please.
Dieseldunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 14:41   #57
Senior - BHPian

How can a sticker on your bumper influence your driving? I have seen n number of rashly driven cars with 'I DRIVE SAFE' team-bhp sticker on rear bumper
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 16:01   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Pardon me for the strong feelings inked down and do not know if this is OT

Any sticker when the purpose of it is to make the user unique and distinct should be made for members only.
Every member here has undergone the turmoil of the membership process and would agree it is not always easy first time.

Having said so I personally feel that the stickers also should be only a distinctive members only kind so that the members alone use it (it is akin to having an ID card of your employer)
Non members should not have any stickers option (in case it is difficult to administer) the member and non member sticker should be differentiating and distinguishable.
If the above is made possible then it really makes a special pride in stickering the ride.

Please I really plead anyone to see the tbhp sticker spotting and the acknowledgments given if anything to go by are really heartwarming. Folks if you do not want to acknowledge then do not get spotted please.
+ 1 to that . Even I feel so that the stickers should be a part of a BHPian identity and has to be exclusive like the BHP community itself. I personally took a self pledge on not to buy and paste those stickers until my membership is approved. Only now I feel I have the right to post them on my rides to be more connected to our community.
Old 16th October 2015, 16:14   #59
BHPian

I have seen quite a few bad drivers with the Team-BHP stickers on their cars in East Pune. I will admit, I haven't gone ahead and confronted them, however it does pain me when this happens. Moreover when i have fellow passengers in the car and one of them says, "Isn't that your community" or "Do BHPians drive like that?" Trust me it pisses me off.

As for my driving style, no sudden lane changes, no folded RVMs, no high beams & absolutely no honking. Did the sticker play a part in this? Not totally but yes I feel the two got interconnected somewhere down the road.
Old 16th October 2015, 16:41   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post

Any sticker when the purpose of it is to make the user unique and distinct should be made for members only. makes a special pride in stickering the ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevvity View Post
+ 1 to that . Even I feel so that the stickers should be a part of a BHPian identity and has to be exclusive like the BHP community itself..
+1 to that! It really upsets me when I spot a car with our forum stickers being driven rashly.

Mods why can't we have personalised stickers like the hoodie that was on offer last year with our handle on it. It can be the 'got BHP?' Sticker that can be made customisable like the sticker on moderator GTO's car 'GTO's BHP!'. What say fellow BHPians? I wouldn't mind paying extra if this could be done.

Last edited by Shanksta : 16th October 2015 at 16:47.

Most Viewed