Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2011, 12:10   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mistake by me, but big Mistake by a Traffic COP

@OP
a) All men in uniform expect certain respect from the general populace. It is expected that we, as law abiding citizens, extend them that courtesy. It does not belittle you in any way to show that respect. They perform their duty amidst a lot of constraints, some are corrupt, we may have connections - but that does not in any way give us a right to belittle them. What you have done, and the subsequent bragging about it, is WRONG. And the vigilance inspector was also wrong to reprimand the SI in your presence. It should have been done in private.

b) When we are caught for some wrong doing, and observe someone else caught for the same offense being allowed to go free, it does not give us the right to demand the same treatment. Morally we are entitled to demand it, but not legally. We are answerable for our mistakes, first and foremost.

c) Regarding the politico father of your friend, the less said the better and it is good he was not in the picture. There is too much of throwing their weight around by these types as it is. But there will be a price to be paid by them for rubbing the nose of policemen in the dust, sooner or later. People of my generation remember very well what happened to these guys during emergency - when all the pent-up anger of the police against them exploded.

Last edited by Gansan : 7th April 2011 at 12:12.
Old 7th April 2011, 15:48   #62
BHPian

'The law is the law'. If you are in the wrong just pay the fine and walk away from the situation without allowing it to blow up into an ugly episode. This one seems to be a clear case of a clash of egos of epic proportions.A speeding ticket involving a fine of Rs.200/- culminates in mom, Dad and the Vigilance team getting together to fight an SI who was simply doing his duty but then again, how dare he push anyone around.That clearly is not a part of his job description unless of course , he was assaulted. A little more adept handling of the situation by both parties would bode well for all ( both, the offenders and the Police force!)
Regards'
Ashok
Old 7th April 2011, 16:35   #63
Senior - BHPian

cosmos/Spitfire, given that you guys also made an attempt to use parental influence like OP did, does it give you a moral high ground over OP just because OP succeeded in getting parental help, while you got denied ? Any & all credit should go to your parents IMHO.

I am neither condoning what OP did nor equating his situation to yours, but just wondering aloud.
Old 7th April 2011, 16:54   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
No comments on what the cop did or you did.

BUT DON'T TOUCH ANOTHER GUYS BIKE.

Especially ANOTHER GUYS BULLET

@dre@ms,I don't know why a Commissioner was called in for such a small issue. But at any case being influential like you always helps. Still, drive safe buddy!!!

Last edited by BulZire : 7th April 2011 at 16:56.
Old 7th April 2011, 17:04   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
cosmos/Spitfire, given that you guys also made an attempt to use parental influence like OP did, does it give you a moral high ground over OP just because OP succeeded in getting parental help, while you got denied ? Any & all credit should go to your parents IMHO.
You have a grudge man. Get rid of it. I moved on from your ego trip thread about parking. You need to get over my comments I made there. I pity your state of mind.

And as much as my above statement reeks of personal attack so does yours by pointing a finger at my conscience about getting influence and high ground status without knowing anything about the incident.

To set the record straight this is the conversation I had with my dad. I remember it for everyday of my life.

Dad: This partying and roaming around and getting back at home at 4 in the morning needs to stop.
Me: I will as soon as I get a job.
Dad: I don't see you trying for it.
Me: Since you know so many people why don't you get me a job here then? (This is the influence I was talking about)
Dad: You know I wont do that.
Me: Then it will take a while, I am trying you know that. The software market is bad for freshers. Especially one's coming from smaller universities. (I have a Masters from Goa University).
Dad: So go to Bangalore. You will surely get a job there.
Me: I will tomorrow itself.
Dad: Good. I will get the tickets.

This was in January 25, 2002. Do you know how the software job scene was then.

Now compare the influence I sought from my dad and the one you accuse me of taking a higher ground on.

I feel pathetic myself that you could take an online grudge so far. Get a life..

Last edited by Spitfire : 7th April 2011 at 17:06.
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2011, 17:21   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Dad: This partying and roaming around and getting back at home at 4 in the morning needs to stop.
Me: I will as soon as I get a job.
Dad: I don't see you trying for it.
Me: Since you know so many people why don't you get me a job here then? (This is the influence I was talking about)
Dad: You know I wont do that.
Me: Then it will take a while, I am trying you know that. The software market is bad for freshers. Especially one's coming from smaller universities. (I have a Masters from Goa University).
Dad: So go to Bangalore. You will surely get a job there.
Me: I will tomorrow itself.
Dad: Good. I will get the tickets.
This reminds me of such arguments that i used to have with my dad as well .. hmmm Good to know most dads are similar ! One such argument actually ended me into my PG
Old 7th April 2011, 17:24   #67
BHPian

@dre@ms

I dont know what you are trying to prove on this thread. That the tax payer's money is being used by VAC to scare one cop, who caught hold of a person who broke the law. Well I dont think that the commissioner came to the spot for a petty bike speeding case, there are much bigger incidents happening in the city which needs his attention.

Anyways I dont appreciate whatever you did at all.

1) you broke the law
2) you were not aware of the fine amount

even if he wasnt carrying a speed gun your over speeding could have caused an accident, how would the act of carrying / not carrying speed gun, make any difference there ?

I have argued a lot with policewalahs for the wrong challan they have cut, and if I have broken any law, I am proud to tell that I have always paid the fine and taken the receipt, no matter for whatever amount that is, atleast that money goes in the Government's pocket rather than a policeman, I would have appreciated if instead of showing your muscle power you would have paid the find and left that place, since you too are a son of a Indian Govt employee. Just because you didnt have enough cash, gives you the authority to mess around with a cop and do this ? Actually I feel bad for the cop, have some respect for the people who stand in the rain, storm and sun (Bangalore Traffic police) to make the city's traffic smooth. There is a right way of handling everything, and this wasnt one
Old 7th April 2011, 17:38   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire
You have a grudge man. Get rid of it. I moved on from your ego trip thread about parking. You need to get over my comments I made there.
IIRC, your comments on that thread were more against others than about me. So why would I have a grudge ? And again, there is no reason (if at all) for me to have a grudge against cosmos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire
And as much as my above statement reeks of personal attack so does yours by pointing a finger at my conscience about getting influence and high ground status without knowing anything about the incident.
There was no personal attack in my post - it was a query based on your own post where you mentioned about trying to use your Dad's influence (unsuccessfully) minus the details you gave in a later post. Also, you have conveniently edited out my point that I am not equating your situation with what OP did.

If you say/suggest that someone should not be using parental help, it would be assumed that you are walking the talk, which did not seem to be the case from your own post. But then it hurts when pulled up while it is easy to play Mr.Right.
Old 7th April 2011, 17:48   #69
BHPian

Great going guys..keep it flowing.

I am saying this, purely because,
Intention of opening this thread is not to show my muscle
Not to ask whether I am right or wrong
Sharing my experience, that's all.

For me, at that stage, whatever we did was right.

Dot
Old 7th April 2011, 17:56   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Mine did it. He threw me out when I asked some help in getting a job through influence in Goa itself. He packed me off to Bangalore to fend for myself the very next day.
OT But have to say this. I love your dad and I salute him.

Also I dont think any self respecting officer in a senior post somewhere would let his own kid to use his name for influence or to get in somewhere through the back door. If he does, then he's corrupt to the bone.
Old 7th April 2011, 18:01   #71
BANNED

Quote:
IIRC, your comments on that thread were more against others than about me. So why would I have a grudge ? And again, there is no reason (if at all) for me to have a grudge against cosmos.
I removed cosmos name from the quote.

Quote:
There was no personal attack in my post - it was a query based on your own post where you mentioned about trying to use your Dad's influence (unsuccessfully) minus the details you gave in a later post.
Just so you get it you did mention on what basis am I taking a high ground, that's an unnecessary personal comment

So instead of calling out that I have a high moral ground and pointing fingers you should have sought the details. The influence I can ask for is limited to what I mentioned. If it had to be on the lines of what the OP set out for. I wouldn't be around writing this. And if you read the influence post I made it highlighted only a particular quote from another poster. No where related to the topic itself.

Quote:
Also, you have conveniently edited out my point that I am not equating your situation with what OP did.
Check the highlighted parts:

Quote:
Spitfire, given that you guys also made an attempt to use parental influence like OP did, does it give you a moral high ground over OP just because OP succeeded in getting parental help, while you got denied ? Any & all credit should go to your parents IMHO.
Quote:
I am neither condoning what OP did nor equating his situation to yours, but just wondering aloud.
like and nor equating. So your first para compare/equates it and the next para you add as a safe harbor statement. You tell me why I removed that part of your post?

Quote:
But then it hurts when pulled up while it is easy to play Mr.Right.
The grudge I was talking about. You quite clearly display it.

PS: I am out of here too. Take it over pm if you think its required.

Last edited by Spitfire : 7th April 2011 at 18:14.
Old 7th April 2011, 23:28   #72
BHPian

Quote:

supremeBaleno, Don't you think there is a difference between speaking to your dad on whether he can help you out of the way and just go around to use his name/position to intimidate? I've never tried to intimidate anyone with these things. It was a candid conversation between dad and a son.

The point I wanted to convey is, we all in the process of growing up do mistakes. Parents can help us differentiate the right/wrong and help us grow up as stronger individuals with right values!

Do you see the difference now?
Old 8th April 2011, 00:08   #73
Senior - BHPian

Note From Support Team - The viewpoints of both OP & others have been posted & discussed & whatever had to be expressed by the members have been done. So we are closing this thread before the thread's focus shifts. Thanks.

Thread Closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks