Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2011, 14:20   #1
BHPian

PICS: BMW Vision EfficientDynamics spotted at MI-4 shoot, Prabhadevi (Mumbai)

Last night a scene from Mission Impossible 4 was shot at Prabhadevi. It included the BMW Vision EfficientDynamics concept car, a BMW 650ci (2nd Gen) and a BMW 5 series whose front and rear bumpers were removed to mount cameras. I was present at the shoot with fellow T-BHPian dhrishikesh. A traffic jam was simulated on Appasaheb Marathe Marg using second-hand cars from Mahindra First Choice Wheels. There were approximately 50-60 bouncers all over the venue to ensure that photographs weren't taken with nearly 10 of them guarding the BMW Vision EfficientDynamics. I tried to take a close up shot of the 5 series camera car, but a bouncer snatched my camera away with a stern warning that next time, my camera will be impounded. After the shoot started, we positioned ourselves on the foot-over bridge from where we could get clear shots and avoid the bouncers as well. I have pics of both the cars, except the 5 series camera car. Enjoy !
Attached Thumbnails
PICS: BMW Vision EfficientDynamics spotted at MI-4 shoot, Prabhadevi (Mumbai)-dsc05493.jpg  

PICS: BMW Vision EfficientDynamics spotted at MI-4 shoot, Prabhadevi (Mumbai)-dsc05500.jpg  

PICS: BMW Vision EfficientDynamics spotted at MI-4 shoot, Prabhadevi (Mumbai)-dsc05501.jpg  

PICS: BMW Vision EfficientDynamics spotted at MI-4 shoot, Prabhadevi (Mumbai)-dsc05502.jpg  

PICS: BMW Vision EfficientDynamics spotted at MI-4 shoot, Prabhadevi (Mumbai)-dsc05512.jpg  

PICS: BMW Vision EfficientDynamics spotted at MI-4 shoot, Prabhadevi (Mumbai)-dsc05518.jpg  

PICS: BMW Vision EfficientDynamics spotted at MI-4 shoot, Prabhadevi (Mumbai)-dsc05547.jpg  

PICS: BMW Vision EfficientDynamics spotted at MI-4 shoot, Prabhadevi (Mumbai)-dsc05556.jpg  

PICS: BMW Vision EfficientDynamics spotted at MI-4 shoot, Prabhadevi (Mumbai)-dsc05573.jpg  

Rosso Corsa is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2011, 14:30   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: PICS: BMW Vision EfficientDynamics spotted at MI-4 shoot, Prabhadevi (Mumbai)

Great scoops - thanks for this. The bouncer has no right to impound your camera in a public place, unless they closed the entire place off
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2011, 14:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: PICS: BMW Vision EfficientDynamics spotted at MI-4 shoot, Prabhadevi (Mumbai)

Brilliant pictures @RossoCorsa!! What an amazing concept car this is! The doors are to die for! Great to see the Mi-4 shooting taking place in Mumbai
Old 23rd April 2011, 14:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Superb shots, greatly appreciate the effort you took to bring us these pictures. The pictures look surreal, such a machine photographed in the backdrop of our typical local Mumbai scene. Just wow.
Old 23rd April 2011, 15:02   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Great scoop Rosso Corsa!!..

Minus the neons on the grille, the car looks looks jaw-droppingly futuristic.
Old 23rd April 2011, 15:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS: BMW Vision EfficientDynamics spotted at MI-4 shoot, Prabhadevi (Mumbai)

Whoaa, thats awesome scoop Rosso Corsa, thanks for posting it here. Such a futuristic Concept Car looks so surreal on a typical Mumbai street, straight out of some futuristic flick !
Old 23rd April 2011, 17:17   #7
BHPian

Re: PICS: BMW Vision EfficientDynamics spotted at MI-4 shoot, Prabhadevi (Mumbai)

The concept car is simply awesome, who was driving it?
Old 23rd April 2011, 17:46   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh man this is going to be one hell of a TV commercial !
Old 23rd April 2011, 18:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

WOW !! This is a scoop !! The car looks out of a Hollywood Blockbuster ( wait a minute - it really is from one - is it not ? )

Any celebrities ?

I am giving this thread a 5 star and a big THANKS to you for sharing this with us. Out of this world pictures.
Old 23rd April 2011, 18:36   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_tejash View Post
The concept car is simply awesome, who was driving it?
An Indian guy was driving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Oh man this is going to be one hell of a TV commercial !
No it wasn't a TV commercial. It was a movie shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
WOW !! This is a scoop !! The car looks out of a Hollywood Blockbuster ( wait a minute - it really is from one - is it not ? )

Any celebrities ?

I am giving this thread a 5 star and a big THANKS to you for sharing this with us. Out of this world pictures.
Yes you're right. This car will be featured in Mission Impossible 4. No celebrities since the shot was from the exterior. There was just a body double.
Old 23rd April 2011, 19:40   #11
Senior - BHPian

This is a GREAT scoop! This I think could be the first on-road pics of the i-series (i8 I guess) BMW. I've only seen some camoed pics of this car in some track and in the snow. Thanks a ton for sharing. Appreciate it!

AFAIK, Irfan Khan is playing the baddie in MI-4 and these must be for some scenes involving him
Old 23rd April 2011, 19:47   #12
Senior - BHPian

so the key takeaway is not to buy any cars from mahindra first choice near prabhadevi

btw, a HR26BH numbered car? Thats not even 3 month old RC series!!

EDIT: Holy camoly, Irfan khan is baddie in MI-4? Time to short Tom Cruise's companies' shares if they are listed anywhere.
Anyone remember Kidnap?

Last edited by phamilyman : 23rd April 2011 at 19:51.
Old 23rd April 2011, 20:09   #13
BHPian

Wow Wow Wow the car looks simply awesome on the streets of Mumbai.
And the doors, they are just fantastic!
Old 23rd April 2011, 20:18   #14
BHPian

Superb catch there RossoCorsa!! That one Bimmer is something to die for!! But I'd prefer killing for it!

Btw, anyone got any clue as to why the Mumbai registration number on the "bmw-vision-efficientdynamics" vehicle is in the reverse order of what it should be?

It reads ****-W-02-MH (Pic #2)

Last edited by MARCUS_520i : 23rd April 2011 at 20:20.
Old 23rd April 2011, 21:01   #15
Senior - BHPian

Waw man. What a scoooop Rosso Corsa to capture such a lively action and the machine and braving the bouncers. Looks quite a design with the well designed winged doors. Would be delight to see it in clear sometime. MI4 crew will be awestruck at this.

Most Viewed