Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2011, 21:41   #16
BHPian

Re: PICS: BMW Vision EfficientDynamics spotted at MI-4 shoot, Prabhadevi (Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
so the key takeaway is not to buy any cars from mahindra first choice near prabhadevi

btw, a HR26BH numbered car? Thats not even 3 month old RC series!!

EDIT: Holy camoly, Irfan khan is baddie in MI-4? Time to short Tom Cruise's companies' shares if they are listed anywhere.
Anyone remember Kidnap?
As for the First Choice cars, 2 of them couldn't start when the "traffic jam" was re-shuffled. They had to be "pushed". And the 6-series was a local one. I think BMW seems to have a product placement contract with MI4. It was just a part of the "traffic".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
Superb catch there RossoCorsa!! That one Bimmer is something to die for!! But I'd prefer killing for it!

Btw, anyone got any clue as to why the Mumbai registration number on the "bmw-vision-efficientdynamics" vehicle is in the reverse order of what it should be?

It reads ****-W-02-MH (Pic #2)
I feel the number plate could've been reversed either to hide the identity or just a gimmick.

Luckily, I've found 3 pics of the 5 series camera car. Its not much clear though. They were clicked in BSS mode moments before the bouncer snatched my camera away !
Attached Images
File Type: bmp bmw.bmp (499.3 KB, 3665 views)
File Type: bmp bmw1.bmp (507.7 KB, 1050 views)
File Type: bmp bmw2.bmp (500.7 KB, 682 views)
Old 24th April 2011, 11:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS: BMW Vision EfficientDynamics spotted at MI-4 shoot, Prabhadevi (Mumbai)

WOW! were you lucky to be there or what. Eye candy.
i liked the futuristic blue lighting. it looks more like a space ship approaching than a car.
thanks for sharing.
Old 24th April 2011, 11:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:

btw, a HR26BH numbered car? Thats not even 3 month old RC series!!
BMW India's office is based in Gurgaon, Haryana - all press cars are registered there. Guessing its one of them.
Old 24th April 2011, 12:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Awesome spotting. Can anyone comment as to when can we expect such next-gen hybrids to be on our roads? An an approximate price tag that we could expect for such machines? I recently watched TRON and I hope I could see something close to it in reality in my lifetime
Old 24th April 2011, 13:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thats a great scoop. Dunno how the bouncers expected to keep out all cameras in the urbanscape of Mumbai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
AFAIK, Irfan Khan is playing the baddie in MI-4 and these must be for some scenes involving him
Quote:
Holy camoly, Irfan khan is baddie in MI-4? Time to short Tom Cruise's companies' shares if they are listed anywhere.
Anyone remember Kidnap?
@Phamilyman - Did Kidnap have Irfan Khan? I thought it had Imran Khan and Sanjay Dutt? Either way, you both might be wrong. IMDB says the movie stars Anil Kapoor. No idea if he's the main baddie though.
Old 24th April 2011, 13:19   #21
BHPian

Great scoop Rosso Corsa.

MI4 is set in India? With "super cars" like this and a let's hope there is a "super chase" scene too in the movie, it sure will be an awesome ride
Old 24th April 2011, 13:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Todays TOI has a small article on sequels - and MI4 has Tom Cruise along with Anil Kapoor in the movie.

The car is way too unreal and looks like a space ship !!

I am surprised no one else has pics of it.
Old 24th April 2011, 13:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Either way, you both might be wrong. IMDB says the movie stars Anil Kapoor. No idea if he's the main baddie though.
Oops, I messed it up with the Spidey. Irfan Khan is playing baddie in Spider Man-4 and Anil Kapoor in MI-4. Thanks for correcting predatorwheelz
Old 24th April 2011, 14:38   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Todays TOI has a small article on sequels - and MI4 has Tom Cruise along with Anil Kapoor in the movie.

The car is way too unreal and looks like a space ship !!

I am surprised no one else has pics of it.
Firstly, the entire shoot shoot was kept under wraps. Very few people knew about it. Also, the production company had deployed many bouncers to ensure that no pics were taken, but we managed to hide at various places and get snaps !
Old 24th April 2011, 17:33   #25
SSP
BHPian

Another scene is being shot at Marine Drive tonight at dusk. Scene has the car coming down the Princess St flyover. Happened to be passing by in my Z4, and stopped for a look. The stunt coordinator came over for a chat. Apparently the scene involves a Z4 so he mistook mine for his.

The Vision car is actually a Mini underneath. He was surprised to hear that the Prabhadevi shoot pictures were already online!
SSP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2011, 18:11   #26
Senior - BHPian

@ Rosso Corsa - Beautiful pictures and appreciate the effort you made man.
That BMW is THE hottest BMW i have ever seen ! Wow ! Total loss of words
Old 24th April 2011, 18:27   #27
Senior - BHPian

Gorgeous pictures of a beautiful car, hopefully the movie will be equally good considering it's being shot in one of the greatest cities of the world, and the Marine drive shot should be awesome to look at in it's final edit once the movie is out. (Thanks for the info SSP)

Coming to the car, the best part is in 2 years this will go into production of course there will be changes but expect basic layout to be very similar and it will be under the new BMW brand BMW-i, and this will be the model i8, also in concept form they had the 3 Cylinder diesel motor which was 1,5 liter 3 cylinder with 163 hp, 290 Nm along with 2 electric motors but I assume this 1.5 3 Cyl motor is the one which will be one of the first production 3 Cyl motors from BMW and on paper it does not sound so bad?

Time will tell but this car will really do wonders if priced well + of course works well in real environments.

Lastly, since this car is in India, why does BMW India not consider show casing it at all dealers or at least in Mumbai & Delhi?

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2011, 20:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

oh geez my bad - Irfan would be a good baddie. I confused him with Imran Khan! The wikipedia article doesnt mention either of them though!
Old 24th April 2011, 23:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

Have to admit, great effort by you guys. Keep it up, expect more such interesting snaps.
Old 25th April 2011, 07:37   #30
Senior - BHPian

Reports say that the unit will travel to Bangalore to shoot some more scenes.
B'lore boys keep an eye out.

Tom Cruise is not present but his stunt double is...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks