Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2011, 08:06   #1
BHPian

C63 amg testdrive - the axemurderer sedan

well after hearing about the Amgs at the cochin dealership i wanted to go there and see all of them and test drive at least one .I along with two other bhpans reached the showroom at around 2.30pm yesterday.I saw the c63 Amg parked near the driveway and asked my friend who is working at the merc dealership if i could test drive the car and he readily obliged by bringing the keys within a couple of minutes .......i should have asked him the keys of the sls amg in the first place .

here is my brief review of the car

Looks - looks like a c class on steroids with bonet bulges , CF spoiler , quad exaust and big AMG wheels . I really liked the look

Comfort - The seats are huge batwing-style racy ones that are difficult to get into especially for someone like me with few extra pouds, but once you're there, hug you like a desperate housewife. The engine is super loud (but that's a good thing most of the time), the suspension will blur your vision with is super stiff nature

Performance

That's one mother of an engine shoehorned into the engine bay of a C-class; 6208cc of V8 with 457bhp and enough torque to pull down cities.the tourque is maniacal mich like the sound of the engine , and i reached speeds of 160kph + in a flash on the service road itself . The best part was the downshift while braking which made a super bike like rumble in the cabin. Touched very very illegal speeds on the highway after that.

Handling

Felt rock solid on the highway during hard acceleration and breaking , the suspension was superstiff with very little travel but felt comfortable on good roads . Ride could be uncompromising on less than perfect roads though but with so much power who cares .The stearing like my 530d was very sharp but dint have the same level of feedback
The big brakes were truely awesome in their stopping power and feel.

Overall experience was simply mind blowing ,The Mercedes C63 AMG is an extreme prejudice answer to BMW’s M3 that leaves all-comers in its substantial wake. You get out of this 456bhp, RWD monster with sweaty palms and a stupid grin on your face, but i felt that it’s a bit hardcore for everyday use.

guys here are a few snaps of the exotics
Attached Thumbnails
C63 amg testdrive - the axemurderer sedan-samsung-748.jpg  

C63 amg testdrive - the axemurderer sedan-samsung-763.jpg  

C63 amg testdrive - the axemurderer sedan-samsung-750.jpg  

C63 amg testdrive - the axemurderer sedan-samsung-752.jpg  

C63 amg testdrive - the axemurderer sedan-samsung-758.jpg  

Last edited by nirmalkrishnan : 14th May 2011 at 08:08. Reason: spelling correction
nirmalkrishnan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2011, 09:16   #2
BHPian

Re: C63 amg testdrive - the axemurderer sedan

@nirmalkrishnan:

dude, you are one lucky chap! the c63 Amg is a real performance vehicle. Any idea if the SLS was bought by someone? One of my friends said that an actor has his eyes on an SLS.

PS: the third pic has a crashed-car at the right side. Sad!
Old 14th May 2011, 09:17   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Good one Nirmal. Is this the same C63 that was seen by other bhpians? Is it there for display or did anyone reg it?
Old 14th May 2011, 10:11   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Good one Nirmal. Is this the same C63 that was seen by other bhpians? Is it there for display or did anyone reg it?
Well that is one and the same car . It's not regtd and caries an amg plate .
Old 15th May 2011, 12:06   #5
BHPian

Great review of an even greater car Nirmal. Have to really thank you for the drive and then of course the executive who accompanied us, Im sure he got the shock of his life!.

Needless to say,he gave full justice to the AMG moniker .
Wish to own one of these beauties sometime in life.

OT : Another petrol hike

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks