Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2007, 10:22   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetu4444 View Post
guys just to tell yourl my cousin has brought his hummer down from kuwait.....its an amazing piece it has 26 inc rims and wat a audio system...well i have many snaps will post them soon....

My brother saw your cousin's Hummer at carter road in Bandra last week. It has a Kuwait registration doesnt it?
Old 20th March 2007, 10:56   #47
BHPian

Yeah Jeetu, have seen the car. I have posted about it in the other Hummer thread. Saw it last thursday night at carters...it was stunning, never seen anything like it before. Bling all the way...Guys, you should see this H2, the other ones are nothing compared to it..
Old 20th March 2007, 11:26   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
Why don't you guys all take different SUV's and ram an american scool bus from behind... You'll see what happened to the H2 is probably less then most others!
I mean common, why is an H2 a showoff car? whats the diff between that and a Range? is there less showing off going on? or say an X5??? Why do ppl go on and on and on about the H2. They are really good value for money at under $65K!
Hummers are KNOWN to be indestructible. Thats how they are advertised. Nobody here is saying that they are a piece of non-sense machinery. When people would normally think of a hummer, they would compare it to the H1 which has brilliant capabilities. Its quite obvious that you would be defensive on this topic since you own an H2. Quite honestly, I do think the H2 is pretty good value for money. I just gave my opinion on the picture that ram posted here. It would be great if you wrote an article on your ownership experience of the H2 here; not just to prove people wrong and start an argument, but to put forward an opinion that you support strongly and for us to get a first hand report from someone who owns a car that people criticise and and have bad opinions about.

Cheers!

Last edited by torqueunlimited : 20th March 2007 at 11:30.
Old 20th March 2007, 14:39   #49
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueunlimited View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
Why don't you guys all take different SUV's and ram an american scool bus from behind... You'll see what happened to the H2 is probably less then most others!
I mean common, why is an H2 a showoff car? whats the diff between that and a Range? is there less showing off going on? or say an X5??? Why do ppl go on and on and on about the H2. They are really good value for money at under $65K!
Hummers are KNOWN to be indestructible. Thats how they are advertised. Nobody here is saying that they are a piece of non-sense machinery. When people would normally think of a hummer, they would compare it to the H1 which has brilliant capabilities.
@torqueunlimited, you hit the nail on the head, when you talked of the H1's abuse tolerance. And the Hummer H1 is basically a 12V version of the 24V HMMWV, stripped of armor and weapons fittings, and finished in shiny acrylic enamel, moulded upholstery, airconditioning and ICE.

The HMMWV has built a well-deserved reputation (in the Panaman and Iraqi conflicts) of being an indestructible go-anywhere military personal and light cargo carrier.

The Hummer H2, like a page-three social-poser, was born with the dubious goal of exploiting the HMMWV's image. It is known to be a costs-increasing gas guzzler. The truck does not have intrinsic competence to show -- no geared hubs (besides the H1, Land Rover Defender and Unimogs have geared-hubs), no epicoated chassis, no costs-reducing interchangeable suspension like the H1.

IMHO, any SUV that claims a HMMWV heritage, should have these features.

The Range Rover however, with full time four-wheel-drive and viscous limited-slip differentials was designed to be useful.
Its reputation record stimulated the cult following, not the other way around.

The X5, isn't even a true SUV!
With 60% torque destined for the rear axle, this 4x4 car/crossover product is an SAV (sporty activity vehicle) -- euphemism for the dhobi ka kutta.
While it can be highway-driven to a ski lodge, it cannot climb rock mountains nor ford rivers.
When TopGear tested the X5 offroad, supposedly it got stuck and had to be rescued by a 1960s Land-Rover.

Ram
Old 20th March 2007, 20:50   #50
Senior - BHPian

After seeing the above post's just could not resist adding this old thread pics here[sorry for going way off topic]:

Check our desi version of the above crash

Source+ detailed pics:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-backside.html

Last edited by F50 : 20th March 2007 at 21:29.
Old 21st March 2007, 21:31   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
My brother saw your cousin's Hummer at carter road in Bandra last week. It has a Kuwait registration doesnt it?
yes bro u r right it has kuwait number....
Old 21st March 2007, 23:23   #52
Senior - BHPian

How about some pics now jeetu and where can it be spotted usually?
Old 21st March 2007, 23:35   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about some pics now jeetu
Yes some pics please.!
Old 24th March 2007, 16:31   #54
BHPian

well guys i have pics but all night time so wont be that clear. will try and post still..
Old 24th March 2007, 16:57   #55
Senior - BHPian

jeetu do post whatever you have. It would nice to see them
Old 24th March 2007, 18:33   #56
BHPian

ive seen the green h2 at bandra like a week back ... looks stunning ....
Old 10th April 2007, 16:37   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetu4444 View Post
yes bro u r right it has kuwait number....
bad news this hummer has met with a accident not sure what happened but it seems he rammed into some tree or soemthing there is a lot of damage to his top saw it yesterday... hats off to the guy met him he was pretty cool abt it way to go sir
Old 10th April 2007, 16:42   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
What a waste of money and precious fuel, even though the guy might be owning a fuel station. Why buy three of them.
May be he imports petrol from the Gulf cos his Dad is a Sheik in Saudi.. Lol....!
Old 11th April 2007, 00:48   #59
BHPian

WOW... that must be the first Hummer to be wrecked in India! Lets see some pics of the damage. I hope its not too bad!
Old 12th April 2007, 08:58   #60
Senior - BHPian

a wreaked hummer is a wreaked hummer, in India or abroad!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks