Team-BHP - Pictorial : who says 3 is a crowd?? (3 Aston Martins!)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pictorial : who says 3 is a crowd?? (3 Aston Martins!) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/101394-pictorial-who-says-3-crowd-3-aston-martins.html)

hi guys

just spent the morning with these 3 beauties. please do pardon my photographic skills and also the lack of any write up as of now, as i am still trying to find words to best describe the v12 growl.

a brief : test drove the rapide today morning. floored it all the way, and ohhhmyygoodddd!!! didn't have an iota of an idea that a saloon can be so fast.
didn't try the out the dbs OR vantage S, as the road conditions aren't fit for them. missus got to floor the DBS yesterday in a closed hall - what can i say?!?! and my nephew (the kid in the pic) got to floor the vantage S in the porch - he was ecstatic to say the least, and i was made to wonder why in the hell have they put in a bang & olufson music system in a car which has a mozart (or roger waters, or led zep, or AR Rehman) right under its hood.

i hate you!!
:D

Kiddin'.
you have sound bites, pretty please?

some more pics : and the 3rd attempt to upload them as the message i entered was way too short

@mayankk

now i remember what i had forgotten. forgot to record the music!!

Wow!! No words to even comment on this, but the keys look really classy. I've always wondered what keys of supercars look like :P

Is it the same set of cars traveling throughout the country? I have spotted the same three beauties in Chennai and a fellow BHP-ian spotted them in Bangalore and put up the pics in Bangalore Imports and Exotics thread.

probably

but not too sure how many have driven the particular rapide yet.

it's apparently the dealership owner's personal ride.

While I'm not generally an Aston fan, the rims on the DB9 look wonderful. You are really lucky to have driven a massive V12 like that, I'm still waiting for my chance :) Funnily enough, the most "impure" Aston is the only one I really like - the Rapide. And that's only because Aston has shown Porsche how it's done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nithin_86 (Post 2356541)
Is it the same set of cars traveling throughout the country? I have spotted the same three beauties in Chennai and a fellow BHP-ian spotted them in Bangalore and put up the pics in Bangalore Imports and Exotics thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samyakmodi (Post 2356729)
probably

but not too sure how many have driven the particular rapide yet.

it's apparently the dealership owner's personal ride.

Yes those are the Aston Martin's showcase cars. They have been doing rounds of most of the major cities in India. And probably have become the most photographed Aston's in the country, been seeing it in almost all the Super Car threads on team-bhp, not that I am complaining !

Damn wish you could record the sound track, I just love the way the Astons sing through their revs ! :D And I didn't quite understand your line "my nephew (the kid in the pic) got to floor the vantage S in the porch - he was ecstatic to say the least" ?!

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samyakmodi (Post 2356482)
@mayankk

now i remember what i had forgotten. forgot to record the music!!

I hate you even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
geez man!
you found hamunaptra, and not sharing!!
please:

kidding, again, you see.
Man i cant even imagine what an amazing time you must have had!

@saanil and shortshifter

my nephew is slightly pissed. he says "mama the car was NOT in neutral - it was in that "P" mode - please tell your friends!!"

@mayankk

the experience was out of this world - it felt like i am super man looking at the world from way high up above (though the car was quiet low slung - but felt like superman none the less)

@flying spur

the car indeed is a beauty and shows off to the entire world how a super car manufacturer can make a luxury car without killing the identity of the brand. if i had that kinda moolah to splurge, i would have definitely wanted the rapide purely because of it's drivability and practicality. the car's ground clearance is 136mm - so it can be taken to most of the places and most of the speed bumps quiet comfortably.

I can sell my soul to the Devil to own one of these!

As for the V12 growl, there are few videos in YouTube, just do a Google Video search. :-)