Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 20:08   #31

Re: Chandigarh Supercar Show : 29th May @ the Taj

To add I would just say that the definition of a super car does not change any where in the world and its not only bout the Chandigarh show, looking at other shows by this so called "super car club" there is undeniable evidence of compromised entry standards to increase the number of cars in attendence, which is fine given that not every city has many cars to make the cut and it does give a chance for the local sports car to show up and for people to check em out at one place.

Having said that such shows should not be organised under the banner of a "super car show" if there is not enough super car product to deliver, there is nothing wrong and unworthy of calling it a "sports car show" which is still leaps and bounds ahead of the Indian car scene from a decade before which adds to my proud of my Indian roots.
Old 1st June 2011, 20:21   #32
BHPian

Hey any reason why ecks was not there? I'm sure his garage alone can make up for a full show

Anyway, its only a start. Nice work guys and look forward to seeing a bigger lineup next year!
Old 2nd June 2011, 00:26   #33
BANNED

i dont understand why people start to question the tag of " supercars" is there any authority that labels supercars and stuff ..... if you dont like it stay away from it ...
accord masters is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 00:44   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
i dont understand why people start to question the tag of " supercars" is there any authority that labels supercars and stuff ..... if you dont like it stay away from it ...
Didn't mean to hurt your "super car" feelings "accord master" but in the car world a Supercar is in fact a sports car but typically an exotic or rare one, whose performance is highly superlative to its contemporary sports cars and thats all. peace out.
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

I believe the last year pics raised the hopes sky high & as Scorcher mentioned this year was actually a real drab. But we must appreciate the efforts being put by CBC.
IMO, The rains did play the spoilsport here.
It does happen that the first year is usually an excited lots, where everyone wishes to see what others have to show.

I suggest that such event be hosted closer to Rose festival etc because by may end most (rich-lot) families are travelling abroad to escape the scorching heat & enjoy their summer vacations. Rain on this particular day must have been a great relief. Chandigarh weather is going London way.

I hope/pray that next year will be a blast.

Raab Rakha,
Sonu (Chandigarhian)

Last edited by ariesonu : 2nd June 2011 at 10:19.
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:38   #36
BHPian

Guys guys !
There WERE supercars at the show . But the porsche's were much more in number . So what! Dont we just feel happy when we see a porsche on a road .
I agree the rain kind of played a spoilsport but still we must applaud the owners for their will and courage to take their cars out for the run in the rain . Who in the world would actually do that when it is raining cats and dogs . But i must say the weather gave the pictures and videos a dramatic feel . I am sure all of us are going to like them when they come out. Also this was the first show, not the last .
The best part of the show ,according to me, was when the cars came to a halt on the highway right in front of me , when i was making a video . They all revved , revved hard and then blasted down the road . Oh man, what a sound . Pure BLISS .

Regards
Old 2nd June 2011, 14:58   #37
BHPian

@ Hydro : If we're trying to be really specific on rarity of the car , then the Porsches or the R8V10s or GTRs aren't everyday cars. I'm sure if one person had got his Lambo or Aston or SLS , We won't have heard even one negative remark even for the Z4s that made their way to the first ever SUPERCAR event in town.
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:22   #38
BHPian

Did the 13 year old girls drive the pikachu -colored Z4 to the event ? Or was it someone else ?
Old 2nd June 2011, 21:09   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
@ Hydro : If we're trying to be really specific on rarity of the car , then the Porsches or the R8V10s or GTRs aren't everyday cars. I'm sure if one person had got his Lambo or Aston or SLS , We won't have heard even one negative remark even for the Z4s that made their way to the first ever SUPERCAR event in town.
I fail to understand how cars that have no business being there end up "making there way" in the first place and is exactly the point in question from my first post and this goes to all the shows in the country "irrespective" of the city.

But at the same time as I had said earlier its awsome to have soo many sports cars come together on a given day and that a start has been made, just hoping that it does not get diluted and stays pure.

Having said that I have been asked many times to put some pictures of my garage on this forum, I think I tried posting the pictures of my new SV earlier but I guess it was the wrong sub-forum and did not get published. Unfortunately I broke my leg recently and have time on my hand these days I will post some pictures on the International forum of my MC12, BV and the gang.....follow me there.
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:52   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydropneumatic View Post
Having said that I have been asked many times to put some pictures of my garage on this forum, I think I tried posting the pictures of my new SV earlier but I guess it was the wrong sub-forum and did not get published. Unfortunately I broke my leg recently and have time on my hand these days I will post some pictures on the International forum of my MC12, BV and the gang.....follow me there.
If its real, then what a collection you have! Though nice fantasy collection as well. Would have been nice to have some classics as well.

MC12, BV, Ford GT, SL600, F430 Scuderia, LP-670-4SV, Carrera GT... would love to see whats after the...No 458 though??
Old 2nd June 2011, 23:51   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
If its real, then what a collection you have! Though nice fantasy collection as well. Would have been nice to have some classics as well.

MC12, BV, Ford GT, SL600, F430 Scuderia, LP-670-4SV, Carrera GT... would love to see whats after the...No 458 though??
Thanks Brabus, I am not much into anything older than the F40 I got, so yes that is the oldest car in the stable. The 458? I had ordered it last year then changed my mind at the last moment due to multiple reasons.
Old 5th June 2011, 21:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hence proved.

Pic from CanonBall Club Facebook Page
Attached Thumbnails
Chandigarh Supercar Show : 29th May @ the Taj-250427_10150203749595275_346546670274_6872557_7444146_n.jpg  

Old 5th June 2011, 23:26   #43
BHPian

Chandigarh Supercar Show : 29th May @ the Taj

CannonBall Club - Chandigarh Edition - May 2011
Attached Thumbnails
Chandigarh Supercar Show : 29th May @ the Taj-a_mg_0019.jpg  

Chandigarh Supercar Show : 29th May @ the Taj-a_mg_0025.jpg  

Chandigarh Supercar Show : 29th May @ the Taj-aimg_0129.jpg  

Chandigarh Supercar Show : 29th May @ the Taj-aimg_0433.jpg  

Chandigarh Supercar Show : 29th May @ the Taj-aimg_0492.jpg  

Chandigarh Supercar Show : 29th May @ the Taj-aimg_0524.jpg  

Chandigarh Supercar Show : 29th May @ the Taj-aimg_0594.jpg  

Chandigarh Supercar Show : 29th May @ the Taj-aimg_0703.jpg  

Chandigarh Supercar Show : 29th May @ the Taj-aimg_2774.jpg  

Chandigarh Supercar Show : 29th May @ the Taj-aimg_2883.jpg  

Chandigarh Supercar Show : 29th May @ the Taj-img_0521.jpg  

Chandigarh Supercar Show : 29th May @ the Taj-img_0566.jpg  

CannonBall Club is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 18:15   #44
BHPian

I expected some professional photos atleast. Anyways, the cars make up for it.
White 911 with black rims looks tasty, pikachu Z4 still makes me laugh.
Old 6th June 2011, 18:48   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydropneumatic View Post
Talking bout Porsche, a few straight pipe carrera GT's would have been more befitting for the occasion BTW have they made there way to the mother land yet?
Nope. There isn't a single Carrera GT in India. That's probably because they were never made in RHD guise, and customers are not allowed to import a LHD car and drive them on Indian roads. Sad, but true.

However, the exception to that rule would be the Bugatti Veyron.

One is allowed to buy and drive the Veyron in India despite it being LHD. This could be attributed to the fact that it costs close to 20 crores (with options, registration, blah, blah) and the Indian Govt. would welcome anyone who is ready to buy it, since 50+% of the car's landed cost goes straight into deep-bureaucratic pockets.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks