Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 16:43   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Bentley joins the family

Thanks for regularly updating the thread with more pictures Manuuj. Its nice to see bits of the GT which aren't photographed most often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj
The Bentley GT comes with Y rated 275/40/ZR20 Pirelli P Zeros Tubeless tyres. They are not run flats.
Any idea what 'Z' signify in ZR20 for the tyre specification? Seeing it for the first time.
Old 3rd November 2011, 22:15   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
First Aid Kit
Attachment 836021
Attachment 836022

Attachment 836026
Rear View Camera with active guide assist
Hello Mr. Manuuj,

This is my 1st post on this thread and it would really be rude & inhuman (no one can be that heartless to not 'feel' anything after seeing + reading this thread) to not begin with - WOW! & Heartiest Congratulations!

You now know a feeling, that most of us will only try to fathom in our imagination and fantasies.

I have always appreciated and loved Bentley more than RR - I have my reasons, but shall not waste precious space & time here with that.

While both the Brooklands & the Super Sport (paused typing while trying to get my jaw back closed & dragging my mind back from its imagination world) were also 'WOW' & 'Oooh La La'
I really appreciate the way you have thoughtfully & judiciously decided to go for the CGT.

Your reasoning was extremely logical, balanced, sound and wise.

Anyways, you know best - mere mortals like me can only comment & speculate.

That said - I must also appreciate your wit, narration and flow.
Above all patience.
1. to craft a story when you would already be so eager to write about the actual fantastic climax
2. to reply religiously to each & every post.

But the best of your wit seems to be saved for Mr. Guderian sir (& vice-versa if I may dare add).

So thank you for ALL the entertainment.

(pause again to fetch my bluetooth mouse since I seem to have short-circuited the laptop touchpad when some of my drool whilst the jaw hanging open again went through)

Now to my actual question -

Since I do belong to the medical fraternity and you dear sir have one of the finest in Automobile engineering -
and they have included a First Aid Kit (FAK) - could you please elaborate on the contents of the FAK?

The reason I am asking is simple:
1. To know what they have included - is it packed with the Indian conditions in mind or the UK standards
2. What exactly does a Bentley FAK include? Anything more than what another mere metal on 4 wheels has?
3. Do they have an electronic de-fibrillator included to resuscitate you when you have a mini heart attack or your heart stops beating
(e.g. when some stupid errant auto-rickshaw driver passes too close to your front fender ... or ... wait I should not elaborate such negative incidences - God forbid - but you get the point)
& JUST KIDDING about the 3rd point.
*Peace*.

So, just sheer curiosity. If you could - whenever you get the time & it is convenient - for all you know - knowing what is inside might help you someday too.
(& thus also duly note the expiry date of some of the contents and replace them when required)

& for the 2nd pic - of the rear-view camera assist : Just to clarify - that pic was taken with the boot lid open right ?
Old 3rd November 2011, 22:39   #243
Senior - BHPian

Stunning pics Manuuj.

I have gone through all pics 4 times till now and i still can't stop drooling.

Just a question. Have you wondered how much the carpet in boot weighs? Or for that matter all the carpets in front and back seat as well as boot?

The reason i ask is, my g35's boot carpet weighs 17 lbs (7.7 kg) and if i take all the carpets out, it is total of 50 lbs(~23kg). Yes i have weighed them.

I feel Bentley's carpets will weigh almost the same. So my question is, ever thought of getting lighter carpets which could aid handling, lessen weight and increase FE?. Not that you would be concerned about FE, but it will make the car lighter and more fun to drive.
Old 8th November 2011, 15:59   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Thanks for regularly updating the thread with more pictures Manuuj. Its nice to see bits of the GT which aren't photographed most often.
Any idea what 'Z' signify in ZR20 for the tyre specification? Seeing it for the first time.
Thanks for the wishes deetjohn, I'm glad you liked the pics.

Dont Know what the Z denotes in the ZR but these tyres are Y rated which is meant for high performance cars. Z i think will be the Top rating for race cars etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Hello Mr. Manuuj,

This is my 1st post on this thread and it would really be rude & inhuman (no one can be that heartless to not 'feel' anything after seeing + reading this thread) to not begin with - WOW! & Heartiest Congratulations!

Since I do belong to the medical fraternity and you dear sir have one of the finest in Automobile engineering -
and they have included a First Aid Kit (FAK) - could you please elaborate on the contents of the FAK?

1. To know what they have included - is it packed with the Indian conditions in mind or the UK standards

2. What exactly does a Bentley FAK include? Anything more than what another mere metal on 4 wheels has?

& for the 2nd pic - of the rear-view camera assist : Just to clarify - that pic was taken with the boot lid open right ?
Hi Dr. Suraj, I think the FAK may have been stocked by the Indian dealer himself as that makes more sense in my mind. I will surely check and let you know.

The rear view camera snap was taken with the boot lid in the open condition but the snap of the view of the rear view on the dashboard mounted screen was with the boot lid firmly shut. I shall explain with some pics..

The Camera is hidden from view with Boot lid shut
A Bentley joins the family-img_1055.jpg
The Camera with boot lid open
A Bentley joins the family-img_1148.jpg
View on the Dash mounted screen while reversing
A Bentley joins the family-img_1194.jpg

I'm glad you enjoyed the pics and the narration

Thank you very much for all your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Stunning pics Manuuj.

I have gone through all pics 4 times till now and i still can't stop drooling.

Just a question. Have you wondered how much the carpet in boot weighs? Or for that matter all the carpets in front and back seat as well as boot?
I feel Bentley's carpets will weigh almost the same. So my question is, ever thought of getting lighter carpets which could aid handling, lessen weight and increase FE?. Not that you would be concerned about FE, but it will make the car lighter and more fun to drive.
That is a very valid point Chevelle. The boot carpets may indeed weigh quite a bit. Taking them out will surely lighten the car considerably but i doubt if it will affect the driving dynamics that much.
A Bentley joins the family-img_1144.jpg

The 570 horses should be fine to lug a bit if carpet around as well ;-)

I'm glad you enjoyed the pics. Here are some more..

Depress the "B" to engage gears
A Bentley joins the family-img_1188.jpg
Lift the Parking switch to engage the hand brake
A Bentley joins the family-img_1189.jpg
...and depress to release
A Bentley joins the family-img_1190.jpg
Seat ventilation/ Damper/ Ride height controls conveniently placed..
A Bentley joins the family-img_1191.jpg
Ambient Mood lighting in nooks and crannies makes the cabin a very soothing place to be in
A Bentley joins the family-img_1192.jpg
Paddle shift (right side Lever is for shifting up)
A Bentley joins the family-img_1193.jpg
The GT has lots of clever storage areas..under the armrests here..
A Bentley joins the family-img_1196.jpg
..and inside the armrests too.
A Bentley joins the family-img_1197.jpg
Some parting shots of the GT
A Bentley joins the family-img_1181.jpg
A Bentley joins the family-img_1183.jpg
Manuuj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 16:58   #245
Senior - BHPian

By Pressing 'B' I hope you were not trying the James Bond seat ejector trick from the Gold Finger. Keep it coming mate. Nice shots indeed...
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 10:17   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Thanks for the wishes deetjohn, I'm glad you liked the pics.

Just noticed once again the 1st post on the forum. 17th September,2011 is Dad's birthday. I cannot get enough of this car. Thank you SO much for all the photos and the lovely words.

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire lengthy post as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users. Thanks!

Last edited by n_aditya : 16th May 2013 at 13:45. Reason: quoted post shortened...!
Old 11th November 2011, 00:10   #247
BHPian

Dear Manuuj,
Fantastic, Outstanding, Mind boggling. Just feeling short of words to express my excitement and joy after going thorough the entire thread. The last 3 pages are wonderful. Not able to move on to another threads

Your narration has been spectacular and the stunning photos and details speaks volume of your dedication and effort.

Thanks a lot for your remarkable efforts.

May you enjoy the car in its pristine glory forever. Good Luck and God Bless

Cheers!!
Old 15th November 2011, 20:46   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
By Pressing 'B' I hope you were not trying the James Bond seat ejector trick from the Gold Finger. Keep it coming mate. Nice shots indeed...
Hahaha..no Sir i harbor no such misconceptions about myself.

Also the ejector button is a tiny red one hidden away discreetly next to the...let it remain a secret..will PM you ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post

Just noticed once again the 1st post on the forum. 17th September,2011 is Dad's birthday. I cannot get enough of this car. Thank you SO much for all the photos and the lovely words.
You are most welcome Taronish! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
Dear Manuuj,

Fantastic, Outstanding, Mind boggling. Just feeling short of words to express my excitement and joy after going thorough the entire thread. The last 3 pages are wonderful. Not able to move on to another threads

Your narration has been spectacular and the stunning photos and details speaks volume of your dedication and effort.

Thanks a lot for your remarkable efforts.

May you enjoy the car in its pristine glory forever. Good Luck and God Bless

Cheers!!
Thank you very much for the kind words mkpiyengar :-) I am very happy that my words and pictures were a source of joy to you as were your kind words a source of joy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post

Hello Mr. Manuuj,

Since I do belong to the medical fraternity and you dear sir have one of the finest in Automobile engineering and they have included a First Aid Kit (FAK) - could you please elaborate on the contents of the FAK?

So, just sheer curiosity. If you could - whenever you get the time & it is convenient - for all you know - knowing what is inside might help you someday too.
(& thus also duly note the expiry date of some of the contents and replace them when required)
Your wish is my command..here are the pics of the First Aid Kit that Bentley supplied with the car.
A Bentley joins the family-img_1400.jpg

A Bentley joins the family-img_1401.jpg

A Bentley joins the family-img_1402.jpg

A Bentley joins the family-img_1403.jpg

A Bentley joins the family-img_1404.jpg
Manuuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 11:04   #249
BHPian

@Manuuj-ji, no updates for long? Curious to know your driving impressions...
Old 1st January 2012, 17:02   #250
BHPian

can you post pictures of the car's ride height fully high and fully low. side view pictures.
Old 9th January 2012, 17:23   #251
BHPian

Manuuj, fabulous thread! One really gets a feel as to what went through your mind in the decision making process and beyond. I also admire your humility and respect to others, it comes across in every post that you make- no doubt you deserve all that god has given you

On a more car note- loved the Brooklands, however your experience would have been a total deal breaker for me as well- if one is spending 4-5 CR on a car, i dont think Alpine quite makes the cut. My heart is completely sold on the GT, and your decision was great! No other car offers the balance of luxury and sportiness that the GT does, and thats why its been a runaway success since its launch. It will be interesting to see how they price the V8 GT in India- the U.S version has a very small price gap from the W12 so in my opinion the car didn't make any sense at all!

Great pics too- aptly sum up why people buy Bentleys in the first place: exquisite craftsmanship, bullet proof engines, and a hell of a lot of presence. The RR coupe interior was frankly ghastly, though to be fair i think this was due to the customer specs. A friends coupe in Singapore is differently spec'd and has a whole different feel to it.

The GT is definitely top of my wish list, and even more so after reading your experience!
nirav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 19:43   #252
BHPian

Hi Manuuj, just dropped in in the new year and thank you for the tons of wonderful new pics and insights!!! God bless!
ssh1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 15:01   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
Manuuj, fabulous thread! One really gets a feel as to what went through your mind in the decision making process and beyond. I also admire your humility and respect to others, it comes across in every post that you make- no doubt you deserve all that god has given you

The GT is definitely top of my wish list, and even more so after reading your experience!
I too feel the same.

Hi Manuuj,

I know I am quite late but I can not start without congratulating you for the car. Congrats!! I gone through all the pages and literally it was like watching a movie, all thanks to your crisp description of situation and your thought process. It feels like now we are not a stranger to the supercar, all thanks to the detailed pictures you have posted. Your Rajasthan visit is still pending . It will be a treat to have a travelogue of your beauty with lot many pics.
Old 30th March 2012, 12:21   #254
BHPian

Dear Manuuj,

It seems you are quite engaged with your work or other important things. We all are eager to hear from you on your beauty. No updates since 4.5 months. Please don't deprive us from the regular updates .
Old 29th January 2013, 16:35   #255
BHPian

Dude! I envy you SO much. You got to see the Brooklands in flesh?!!! I am already beginning to faint. And that satin black GT ? Batman would have been proud of that color.

Anyways, welcome to the elite club. May the Bentley serve you well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks