Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2011, 18:12   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Bentley joins the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
That is my TFort glaring at the Bentleys buddy. I think he took a liking to the Italian beauties
Oh yes, the ladies must have had a liking to the Macho man. Sad he didn't have an Axe effect otherwise you would have got quite a handful of Italian beauties in your stable at Free!

Quote:
5. Fortuners as Taxis?? Sacrilegious!!.
Yeah, how sinful that would be to treat a Beast that way.
Old 23rd September 2011, 18:47   #62
BHPian

Great narrative! You have me hooked! I was torn between skimming the thread to see what you finally bought, and reading all the comments to prolong the suspense.

I wish I had such tough choices to make! Supersport was my choice - the color, the alloys, the muscles. But hey, it's your money and I am sure you made the right choice.

The introduction of the Flying Spurs has added to the masala

So which one made it to the stable finally?
DeepChat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 18:52   #63
BHPian

Manuuj!

Sorry buddy, But if you take any longer to post more details I have to blame you for killing my workspace productivity!! I am HOOKED. Every one is questioning me why I run to the computer screen every 5 minutes.

The flying-spur is one of my favorite favorite super-cars ever! Now that it has come in the picture I dont think I can leave my screen until your final verdict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Kitna deti hai ? - you'll first need to earn a Toyota Fortuner to gain respect/respectability !
Hi General; Thanks for lifting the humor of this thread, like always!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
So before you get to the FS speed, the verdict over the facelift model of the Continental GT still remains right ? Or has that been omitted already ?
According to what Manuuj states the GT and Flying spur remain. I can sense a degree of tilt towards the Spur!

Until the next update;

Zap

Last edited by Zappex : 23rd September 2011 at 18:55.
Zappex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 19:04   #64
BHPian

Omigawd!!!!
Manuuj, am happy for you!!!!

If there is a t-bhp meet and you are going to bring the beauty there, I'll travel up any distance for a first hand view!!!

Cheers and God bless!!!
Old 23rd September 2011, 20:02   #65
BHPian

You've done a fantastic job narrating your experience so far, and that makes this among the best threads ever on this site.

I look forward to finding out what the final choice was.

Drive it in the best of health and prosperity!
Old 23rd September 2011, 20:04   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Voted 5 stars. THis thread keeps getting better and better. your response- no offence intended, please don't take any!

Have a feeling you went with the 4-door FlyingSpur Speed. I know how it is when the women speak up in such cases!

Edit: Herr General- a CNG kit to keep running costs low on a 2-3 cr car! I haven't giggled this hard in a while!
No offence taken at all Noops (if i may call you that) I was smiling as i wrote the clarification. Maybe it did not translate into words.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
hi there.

thanks for the great and interesting write up. the Brooklands a beaut!

please do keep the posts and pics coming...

cheers.
Glad you liked it..the posts shall flow long after the suspense has ceased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Fantastic write-up,you really have me hooked.
Just 1 question though (pardon me incase you have already explained before ,have scrolled through real quick)
You TDed the Brooklands, the Supersport has been left out.
So before you get to the FS speed, the verdict over the facelift model of the Continental GT still remains right ? Or has that been omitted already ?
Keep going amigo..
The GT and Flying spur are the two contenders now... the GT was also driven and was devastating in every respect. I could not fault it and was secretly hoping for it to be the one to win over the others.

The Supersports had two negatives..every time you pressed the accelerator you let out a series of beep inducing words mainly out of pure pleasure that the 600 bhp engine furnished and another series of beep inducing words, this time out of pain, every time it went over even a pebble whose antecedents were swiftly transmitted through ones spinal column to ones teeth.

This was the main reason for it being omitted. The comfort factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Oh yes, the ladies must have had a liking to the Macho man. Sad he didn't have an Axe effect otherwise you would have got quite a handful of Italian beauties in your stable at Free!

I hope to have a handful or even one italian beauty in in my stable when i next drive this car on a saturday night out in Delhi..if u know what i mean. (wink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
Manuuj!

The flying-spur is one of my favorite favorite super-cars ever! Now that it has come in the picture I dont think I can leave my screen until your final verdict!

According to what Manuuj states the GT and Flying spur remain. I can sense a degree of tilt towards the Spur!

Until the next update;

Zap
YOur wait has come to an end..my next post will reveal the results. I must confess here it really went down to the wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Omigawd!!!!
Manuuj, am happy for you!!!!

If there is a t-bhp meet and you are going to bring the beauty there, I'll travel up any distance for a first hand view!!!

Cheers and God bless!!!
Chennai huh? Not to far for a drive in a Bentley. Ill speak to my brother about a nice road trip. You may think im kidding..im not :-)
My nephew is studying in a boarding school in the south and it may be a nice surprise for him.

For all of you fellow brothers who have waited so patiently and for those generous ones who gave me my first 5 star rated thread i thank you with my deepest sincerity and promise you this..my next post will reveal the result.

By the way have you noticed there has been only one pic of the Flying Spur so far..wonder what that means??

Last edited by Manuuj : 23rd September 2011 at 20:09.
Old 23rd September 2011, 20:17   #67
BHPian

Quote:
By the way have you noticed there has been only one pic of the Flying Spur so far..wonder what that means??
Well, that means you now are the proud owner of a sparking new spur!! or maybe not?? ("Rates thread 5 stars")

And thank you for posting just one pic I would not have been able to ingest all of them at once! The Speedy spur!! Pure bliss...

From next-time onwards post a time frame for the next post so that we can continue our work.

Zap
Old 23rd September 2011, 20:37   #68
Senior - BHPian

GOD! I am dying in anticipation. Please tell me you bought the brooklands! Although I was never a big fan of the Bentley, these pics have kept me drooling for hours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
I get to see a lot of fortuner taxis in our very own Mumbai... u forgot? Its a TO-YO-TA !!!
Old 23rd September 2011, 20:37   #69
BHPian

Dénouement The Final Act of a Play/ Opera

I would first like to thank Samurai. During the assembly phase of this Thread he had suggested a name change as i had made clear in that which Bentley joined the family. My posts had not done so yet and he wanted a clarification. This is where the idea of perpetuating the suspense was planted in my formerly innocent mind.

So you also know whom to curse for your distress in the past 24 hours.

Secondly i would like to thank all of you who have read and commented on my posts.

Thirdly all the generous Bhpians who gave me my first 5 star rated thread..I thank you for the honor.

So where were we?..ahh yes..the Flying Spur Speed. The owner of the establishment suggested we take a test drive with a twinkle in his eye.

He was enjoying the pain we were in and it seemed to me that our predicament was a source of great mirth and amusement to him. An interesting tale to narrate to his friends over a drink at the Bar in the Gymkhana Club if you will.

The test drive taken we returned home and decided to mull over the matter over some Dinner.

The all powerful women's lobby was for the 4 door while I was for the GT. My brother was still confused.

I felt bad for him. He was thinking too much about what all of us wanted. No one had asked him yet what he wanted. Then it hit me.

I asked him to close his eyes and tell us which car was the first one he thought of when i said Bentley.

He said "GT".

Those two alphabets sealed it.

We had seen the Mulsanne there also. To me that was a proper full sized Bentley. The only rival to the RR Phantom in my view.

The Flying spur was more a rival to the Ghost and much smaller than the Mulsanne.

It was decided that by gods grace some years down the line we will but the Mulsanne. Maybe when we are older it will suit us more than the GT which will be passed to the younger generation.

But we were still young(ish).

It was going to be the Bentley Continental GT.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd September 2011 at 23:31. Reason: removed mention of the unmentionable on the forum.
Manuuj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 20:43   #70
Senior - BHPian

Let me the first to congratulate you & your bro to be the proud owner of the beast! you are right that the Mulsanne is best suited for back seat "uncles"! Good decision.

It is one rare breed on the road, so be prepared for lots of stares & thumbs ups!

Is it the same colour? any optional extras offered? Any mods? :-)

Last edited by raj_5004 : 23rd September 2011 at 20:46.
Old 23rd September 2011, 20:44   #71
BHPian

Glad you revealed which car, the suspense was killing, did you get the white GT, the mat black supersport is a sight for sure. Congrats.
Old 23rd September 2011, 20:45   #72
BHPian

Hand on Heart, I have never been hooked to any thread this much. Brilliant narration with jaw dropping pics to boot. Simply wow!
The Super Sport looked the best of the 4.

My guess is that you got the Spur. Please update asap if you don't want to see reports of people dying of suspense in tomorrow's newspaper

Edit : Huh. See, that's why you have us hooked. You never failed to surprise all of us throughout. Congrats!! Look forward to a lot of pics and a wonderful ownership thread.

Last edited by Kimified : 23rd September 2011 at 20:48.
Old 23rd September 2011, 20:51   #73
BHPian

As all of the pics of the final day were taken by my brothers iphone i am still waiting for most of them to be emailed to me.

Some have been that i am posting now.

The First one is of it being driven out after final PDI by me. The rest are of the Number plate being attached and of the lemons i placed under each wheel as my brother drove our first ever Bentley.

My last thanks are reserved for my brother for his hard work and God Almighty for showing us this day.

I shall post a detailed review of the car soon. I plan to visit Punjab soon and i promise you tons of pics from every conceivable angle inside and outside the GT.

For now let it be these few ones..
Attached Thumbnails
A Bentley joins the family-img_0237re.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0241re.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0242re.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0245re.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0255re.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0257re.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0258re.jpg  

Manuuj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 21:01   #74
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant,engrossing write-up! Congratulations on getting the GT or is there another twist in the tale?
Wanted to ask you whether Exclusive Motors were providing warranty on the used Brooklands?
Also this GT which you have bought is pre-configured i guess, ordered by the dealership to cut down on long waiting periods?
What is the price difference between the Mulsanne & the Flying Spur Speed?
Wish you all the best for the car & hope the dealership gives you good service.
Old 23rd September 2011, 21:01   #75
BHPian

Hearty Congratulations for the new addition in your family.
Excellent choice!!! . Really looking forward to a detailed ownership report.

Most Viewed