Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2011, 12:40   #91
BHPian

Re: A Bentley joins the family

Manuuj, my Hearty Congratulations to you, your brother and your family. The GT is the perfect choice. But i am sure if you were in your brother's shoes you would have chose the Brooklands, cos it is really something else! The impression it leaves on you will never fade away.

PS: I'm just curious, what ICE does the GT have ?
Old 24th September 2011, 12:40   #92
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations on the GT. Rated your thread 5 stars; Awaiting detailed OT with more pictures of the interiors.

Ab jaldi se yeh batao ki party kahaan par hai!!
Old 24th September 2011, 13:41   #93
Senior - BHPian

First of all congrats. Your ride looks awesome(Obviously it has to, at that price point) I just saw a few photos from the last few pages and haven't read from the beginning but since a lot of people here are saying good things about what you've written in the start am getting curious and will read through it now.
Old 24th September 2011, 13:45   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Let me the first to congratulate you & your bro to be the proud owner of the beast! you are right that the Mulsanne is best suited for back seat "uncles"! Good decision.

It is one rare breed on the road, so be prepared for lots of stares & thumbs ups!

Is it the same colour? any optional extras offered? Any mods? :-)
thanks Raj! The car in the pic is the actual car we bought..so yes its white. If i understood your question correctly that is. This came with a lot of optional extras. The crosstitching on the new "Cobra" seats. A Bentley Sunglass Veneer case (removable), Shine package for lower grills, Bentley Logo stitched in contrast on the headrest and above all the superb NIAM sound system with 14 speakers..to name a few.

Still discovering the rest..will keep you all posted naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Glad you revealed which car, the suspense was killing, did you get the white GT, the mat black supersport is a sight for sure. Congrats.
Thanks buddy..the White GT is what we got..pics have been posted. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
Hand on Heart, I have never been hooked to any thread this much. Brilliant narration with jaw dropping pics to boot. Simply wow!
The Super Sport looked the best of the 4.

My guess is that you got the Spur. Please update asap if you don't want to see reports of people dying of suspense in tomorrow's newspaper

Edit : Huh. See, that's why you have us hooked. You never failed to surprise all of us throughout. Congrats!! Look forward to a lot of pics and a wonderful ownership thread.
Hahaha! nobody has to die..its all been revealed. Thank you for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Brilliant,engrossing write-up! Congratulations on getting the GT or is there another twist in the tale?
Wanted to ask you whether Exclusive Motors were providing warranty on the used Brooklands?
Also this GT which you have bought is pre-configured i guess, ordered by the dealership to cut down on long waiting periods?
What is the price difference between the Mulsanne & the Flying Spur Speed?
Wish you all the best for the car & hope the dealership gives you good service.
Thanks for the kind words and wishes..much appreciated!

To answer your Q;s:

The Brooklands comes with a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty from Bentley UK itself. As this was a 2009 model another year of warranty was still valid.

We had the option to buy another 3 years warranty for about 5 lacs INR. This can be bought over and over again for a total of 17 years.

The car we bought was indeed pre-configured. Luckily it had most of the things we wanted anyway.

The price difference on the Mulsanne and Flying Spur Speed is between 1 to 1.5 Crore INR depending on the options you choose in either car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak.apoorv View Post
Hearty Congratulations for the new addition in your family.
Excellent choice!!! . Really looking forward to a detailed ownership report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Awesome pics Manuuj and Congratulations are in order to you and your Brother. Have a blast with the lovely Bent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Whew! Just short of attack, the FS vanishes and GT makes debut. Quite a thriller.

Congrats to you and your family on the prized possession.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
My hearty congrats on the Flying B Manuuj. Wish you a lots of happy miles with it!
Thanks so much Apoorv, Uday, Parsh and Scorcher..your wishes and kind words are genuinely appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Waitng for more pics. Thread rated 5 stars earlier. How did the specs compare between the two finalists? Glad to see that you went with your heart.
More pics coming up soon Nilanjan. There were many spec differences between the GT and Flying Spur Speed. For example the Flying Spur Speed was marginally MORE powerful than the GT!! I did not get too much into it though as i wanted to take attention away from the Flying Spur!! hahaha!

But i do have some pics and specs that i shall post soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Supersport, my not soo realistic dream car...
Thanks a lot for sharing the pics and your experience. And yes, the way you write is commendable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
@Manuuj: Congrats and nice write up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Congrats Mannuj. Finally the suspense is over. Wishing you a long ownership and a pot hole free ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Thanks Manuuj for sharing this experience. I am sure all the BHPians felt that they too were part your family and we feel as blessed as you and your family.KPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Congrats Manuuj !!!
White Bentley is surely a head turner.
God bless you and your family with more such accomplished cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Sat and read this thread from start to end in one shot.
First and foremost, congratulations Manuuj! That is one prized possession whom no words can do justice.
This thread has it all. Great narration, excellent pics and totally droolsome beasts.
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Congrats for the big B bro. I was thinking he will go for FS Speed. But anyways, GT is also a great car !! Enjoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
fabulous choice !!

Do please take a video of the car's growl while being driven and post here for us to enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Manuuj, congratulations on a fantastic review of an amazing car!
Thanks you all so much Gaurav, Durango Dude, Amitwlele, KPS, Zoom_vroom , amitoj, Unknownsatan, DKG, Shamik for your kind words and wishes! :-) The video of the cars growl and roar shall be posted soon also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
Manuuj, my Hearty Congratulations to you, your brother and your family.

PS: I'm just curious, what ICE does the GT have ?
Thanks Chetan! The GT came with an optional NIAM sytem . I shall post a more detailed review on it soon. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Many congratulations on the GT. Rated your thread 5 stars; Awaiting detailed OT with more pictures of the interiors.

Ab jaldi se yeh batao ki party kahaan par hai!!
In Meerut at the Chotiwale restaurant!! hahaha! thanks for the wishes dkaile. I trust you are enjoying your Fortuner as much as i am mine!

Last edited by Manuuj : 24th September 2011 at 13:54.
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2011, 13:52   #95
BHPian

Congratulations on the GT Manuuj!! Great choice. Just cant stop drooling over it! Im confused, is this a preowned car imported by the dealer? Or is it a preowned car which was used in India itself? What was the final price of it?

Thanks
Old 24th September 2011, 14:23   #96
BHPian

The Bentley Flying Spur Speed

As there is a lot of interest in the Bentley Flying Spur Speed among my fellow Bhpians i am posting some information on the same for all of you .
Some pics are also being posted for your viewing pleasure.

I would like to reiterate that this is NOT the car we bought.

Most of the optional extras as specified below are present in our car also that I shall post about later.

Meanwhile enjoy the Bentley Flying Spur Speed!!

1.Exterior Color - Glacier White

2.Veneer - Dark Stained Burr Walnut

3.Interior Colors

Main Hide: -Fireglow
Secondary Hide: - Beluga
Carpets- Fireglow
Boot Carpet- Fireglow
Steering Column Cowl- Fireglow
Seat Belts- Fireglow
Headlining- Fireglow
Front Outer Console- Fireglow
Waist rail- Beluga
Front Arm Rest- Beluga
Rear Arm Rest- Fireglow
Gear Lever - Fireglow

4. Smoking package

5. Space Saver Wheel

6. Bright Chrome Radiator Grille & Lower bumper matrix grille

7. Glass tilt & slide sunroof with electric sunblind

8. Emblem Stitching - Burnt Oak

8. Full width rear seat with electrically adjusted outer seats

9. Seat Piping- Beluga

10. TV Tuner

11. Naim for Bentley

12. Rear seat entertainment package

13. 3-spoke Dual Tone hide trimmed steering wheel

14. Aluminium Fascia Panel

15. Premium Specification (Lambswool) this includes as under -

a.Lambswool Rugs to front & rear
b.Chrome Strip Inlay to Door Waistrails
c.Veneered Picnic Tables to Rear of Front Seats with Vanity Mirror
d.Mulliner Alloy Fuel Filler Cap

16. Convenience specification ( This includes as under )

a. Rear View camera
b. Privacy handset front & rear
c. Valet Parking Key
d.Standard Brakes with Red Brake Calipers
Attached Thumbnails
A Bentley joins the family-dsc02454.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-dsc02452.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-dsc02457.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-dsc02460.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-dsc02461.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-dsc02465.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-dsc02468.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-dsc02469.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-dsc02471.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-dsc02476.jpg  

Manuuj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th September 2011, 14:28   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Congratulations on the GT Manuuj!! Great choice. Just cant stop drooling over it! Im confused, is this a preowned car imported by the dealer? Or is it a preowned car which was used in India itself? What was the final price of it?

Thanks
Thanks for the wishes Yash. The GT is a brand new car. Pro configured and ordered by the dealer. We are the first owners.

Revealing the price is kind of embarrassing so I hope you will not mind if i do not reveal the same.
Attached Thumbnails
A Bentley joins the family-img_0854.jpg  

Old 24th September 2011, 14:55   #98
dot
Senior - BHPian

What a beauty and what a thread. My weekend was made. Even my wife went through the pictures. Thank you.

Looking eagerly for a detailed review of the super-car. Like performance (0-100 type, not the other stuff), goodies in the car, what type of petrol is going to be used, service recommendations etc etc. You see we are in uncharted territory here.
Old 24th September 2011, 15:06   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Thanks for the wishes Yash. The GT is a brand new car. Pro configured and ordered by the dealer. We are the first owners.
Thanks. This is what I wanted to know.

What I asked was that did the dealer give you any options to customize? I was expecting a NO as these cars come pre-configured from the factory, still wanted to cross check.

Got the answer, thanks.
Old 24th September 2011, 15:08   #100
BHPian

Congrats Manuuj!
This is as exclusive as one can get.. wish you loads of exciting times in this beast!

Now a couple of questions just for curiosity sake:

1. Since the Bentley is available is varied customized options (from the exterior colour to the interior combinations); did you inquire about the customization process? How long does it take to deliver a car, based on the exterior + interior options that you choose?
2. What was your first response on seeing the interiors of the GT. From your initial pictures, it seemed that the interiors were a little too pinkish and a bit over the top for such a stately car. ( strictly my opinion & please don't take any offence to it , since color choices and combos are purely subjective in nature)
3. Since you didn't choose the 4-door SS, is the ingress and egress comfortable especially for those who would sit at the rear? Can adults , say 5'8"+ easily sit at the rear?

Once again, have a great time! Congrats!
Old 24th September 2011, 15:35   #101
BHPian

No problem Manuuj. Safe driving! Waiting for the detailed review and better pics!
Old 24th September 2011, 15:48   #102
BHPian

A Bentley joins the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
Now that you have made it clear that your last name is not Ambani or Zuckerberg, may i ask you if your last name is Bhagat? And first name Chetan? ;-)

I mean what an amazing narration.

The superb narration, the awesome pics and the immensely respectful addressal to others and each one of their comments got me absolutely hooked to this heck of a thread.
Thank you for the warm words of encouragement SilkDrive. I am glad you enjoyed the narration as much as the pics of the cars. YOur kind words are much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
WoW what an amazing thread Manuuj!! Though the Supersports seemed to be the most exciting and wildest of the lot but I agree it's not the most comfortable GT around. While the Brooklands would be the one if you want to have a very exclusive car but those small niggles did spoil the party. So it'd have been a difficult final decision now! Travelling around with family in one of the fastest luxury sedans in the world or sacrificing that rear space for some more fun behind the wheel

Now I'm getting curious!
I hope your curiosity has been satiated buddy! The best thing about the GT is that you can still travel in relative comfort with 4 people and luggage even though its a Sports Coupe! The GT was my secret choice all along till i had seen the Brooklands.
The minor niggles would have costed something major to repair and also did not feel as modern as the GT. The dead basic Alpine music system with its reluctance to return CD's was the last nail in the Brooklands coffin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axp817 View Post
You've done a fantastic job narrating your experience so far, and that makes this among the best threads ever on this site.

I look forward to finding out what the final choice was.

Drive it in the best of health and prosperity!
Thanks so much for your wishes and kind words! I shall try to keep this thread engrossing for as long as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
First of all congrats. Your ride looks awesome(Obviously it has to, at that price point) I just saw a few photos from the last few pages and haven't read from the beginning but since a lot of people here are saying good things about what you've written in the start am getting curious and will read through it now.
Thank you and i hope you like the narrative as well once you read through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
What a beauty and what a thread. My weekend was made. Even my wife went through the pictures. Thank you.

Looking eagerly for a detailed review of the super-car. Like performance (0-100 type, not the other stuff), goodies in the car, what type of petrol is going to be used, service recommendations etc etc. You see we are in uncharted territory here.
Glad that you liked the pics. The 0-100 time is 4.6 seconds with top speed at 318 kmph.

The vehicle can run on normal Speed petrol/ 97 Octane if available and also a bioethanol E85 or even a mix of the two fuels all from a single tank.

I shall post a very detailed review of the GT soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Thanks. This is what I wanted to know.

What I asked was that did the dealer give you any options to customize? I was expecting a NO as these cars come pre-configured from the factory, still wanted to cross check.

Got the answer, thanks.
The Bright tint aluminium fascia panels were not too our liking and the dealer agreed to have them replaced with the same Burr Walnut trim in the rest of the car..at an extra cost.

The vehicle was configured by the Dealer himself when he placed the order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post
Congrats Manuuj!
This is as exclusive as one can get.. wish you loads of exciting times in this beast!

Now a couple of questions just for curiosity sake:

1. Since the Bentley is available is varied customized options (from the exterior colour to the interior combinations); did you inquire about the customization process? How long does it take to deliver a car, based on the exterior + interior options that you choose?
2. What was your first response on seeing the interiors of the GT. From your initial pictures, it seemed that the interiors were a little too pinkish and a bit over the top for such a stately car. ( strictly my opinion & please don't take any offence to it , since color choices and combos are purely subjective in nature)
3. Since you didn't choose the 4-door SS, is the ingress and egress comfortable especially for those who would sit at the rear? Can adults , say 5'8"+ easily sit at the rear?

Once again, have a great time! Congrats!
Thanks Gaurav for the wishes! To answer your questions:

1. The customization process is a very interesting and inclusive process where we get a chance to touch and feel all the various materials and then choose each element for ourselves.

We had done this earlier for a Bentley that we never ordered eventually. It takes about 4 months for a car to be made after an order has been placed.
We had the option also but that would have meant a January delivery.

Once we saw the Bentley we could not dream of waiting 4 months more!

Also this car had most of the options that we would have ordered anyway.

2. As far as the interior colors go please do not go by the bad quality pics I've posted. In actuality the colors are much darker and deeper.

3. I am 5'11 and sat very comfortably in the rear seat. Also it was good to note that the quarter glass also rolls down if required along with the front windows and as there is no center pillar there is no sense of claustrophobia at all.
Manuuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2011, 15:58   #103
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Manuuj, great choice. The car looks stunning in white, nice rims too.

And I'm sure you won't really miss the Speed package since it has more than enough power stock.

On a separate note, these guys configure some cars well, while some a total blunders. The Flying Spur from the outside looks brilliant, but IMO they have messed up the interior with too much red, the carpets, and lower parts should have been the darker colour giving it some contrast.

Congratulations again on the new B.
Old 24th September 2011, 16:34   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Congratulations Manuuj, great choice. The car looks stunning in white, nice rims too.

And I'm sure you won't really miss the Speed package since it has more than enough power stock.

On a separate note, these guys configure some cars well, while some a total blunders. The Flying Spur from the outside looks brilliant, but IMO they have messed up the interior with too much red, the carpets, and lower parts should have been the darker colour giving it some contrast.

Congratulations again on the new B.
Thanks again Akshay..and i totally agree with you. The carpets should have been the same as the secondary hide. The conrast would have been better.

For all my fellow Bhpians..here a teaser on the next post..
Attached Thumbnails
A Bentley joins the family-dsc01366.jpg  

Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2011, 16:46   #105
Senior - BHPian

Stumbled upon this thread now! Brilliant narration man. 7 pages of rapt attention! Congrats on your new B.

And, speaking of RR? Is that in the pipeline for your purchase or already in the garage?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks