Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2011, 13:27   #31
BHPian

Re: A Bentley joins the family

How i wish i were in youe shoes!!!!

Fantastic pictures and the story build up is truly amazing!The cars- just WOW. I love sportscars so i should be liking the Continental GT/Supersports. But i'm in awe of the Brooklands.It looks so majestic and regal!! I dont know if i've to say this but if it were my choice i'd go for the Brooklands! Sure,the Continental GT/Supersports looks awesome but it looks more like a yuppie souped up sports car (ooops!!don't kill me!!)in front of the classic lines of the Supersports.

But then again,whichever car you buy,it will still be a BENTLEY(which is just AWESOME)!!!!!!!!!!

Have a blast!!!
Old 23rd September 2011, 13:52   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Your Pictures and story line has really hooked me up in anticipation of more thrill to come. Yes thrill it is indeed a pleasure watching these pictures. Keep them coming
I am glad u liked the narrative also..the pics dont really do justice to the beauties..my hands were shaking so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Beautiful beautiful pics man ! Pure Art , these cars ! WOW ! Out of words really !
While all 3 are beautiful,i would personally have opted for the supersport purely for its extra power and that ravishing graphite-ish shade ! Monster !
The Supersports seems to be the one all us petrolheads seem to be going for..did it pip the other two? Wait and watch! Thanks for the kind words buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapish View Post
I dream of such mornings.
The satin paint job looks amazing.
Beautiful pics. Hooked to the thread.
Glad you are enjoying it buddy! The whole idea of this thread was to include my fellow Bhpians in the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
OMG!!! That's some Godly stuff indeed. The Supersport looks amazing. especially the alloys & body paint. Awesome snaps.
Thanks you sir, the Supersports did indeed look like a monster in the flesh..and dont even ask me about the exhaust note. I dont know why Bentley even bothers with music systems in their cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
WOW! WOW! WOW! I went through the pictures god alone knows how many times.

Man what a dilemma to be in something most other non TATA and non Ambani mortals would never be in.

Lets just say your reality is much better than many others' dreams. i will definitely keep an eye out for this thread just so that i know what you bought. keep the pictures coming dont think any number will be enough.
The Car is now in Punjab while I'm in Delhi..more pics of the delivery day are there but not too many as in my excitement i left the camera at home. (Call me Stupid) As my phone camera wasnt working i used my brothers iPhone to clicksome snaps that i shall post soon!
Thanks for the kind words by the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
@ Manuuj - Excellent start to an interesting thread.

Man, i dream of walking into a Bentley showroom and the questions you asked. Hooked up to this thread now...

How is your Fortuner doing?
The Fortuner is a shade under 40k kms and doing absolutely fine! Its engine seems to have opened up nicely and i have been revving it hard the past few weeks. The only grouses are the weak paint quality and ultra stiff ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Wow! What a dilemma you & your brother are in! My pick would be the Supersport. I always get confused between the Azure & the Brooklands! Thanks for the fabulous pics.
You mentioned a candie yellow Lamborghini, please do post pics of it.
Our first choice was the Brooklands for its sheer presence and exclusivity.
Its got a humongous 6.3/4 (Six and Three Quarters) litre engine.. (Bentley speak) Very very comfortable seats front AND rear, a very classic Bentley interior that blends old world charm and modern seamlessly. I fell in love with it. Was it the one finally? Wait and watch!

The Lamborghini pics are coming up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Beautiful, classy, sexy. Thats the only way I can describe those. Manuuj you are one lucky guy. That Supersport looks bloody awesome, and that is probably the best Supersport I've seen apart from the orange ones.

Isn't the Brooklands much more expensive than the other 2?
The Supersport did indeed look like a real beast when i saw it Akshay. My eyes popped out when i saw the paint and superb interiors. 600bhp of pure muscle and what an exhaust note. To tell you the truth..i was a little scared of it when i sat inside and pressed the Start/Stop button and it roared to life. It was akin to the roar of an angry lion disturbed in it afternoon siesta by some bumbling englishman in his solar hat and khaki shorts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Congrats Mannuj. You have amongst the most exotic garages on the forum and with this Brit joining the stable, it becomes all the more coveted.

Please maintain a detailed ownership report with loads and loads of pics.

Thank you for giving ordinary mortals like me a chance to see and feel these beauties through your eyes.
Sir, thank you for the kind words! I shall do my utmost to share this experience fully with you all. The car is stationed in Punjab with my brother but whenever we do go for our planned trip to Rajasthan to test the Bentleys capabilities i shall submit another full review with pics also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
This suspense is killing me. I hope some day I'm in your shoes(tan tods loafers? In this case )

Personally I hope you picked the supersport
Actually Louis Phillipe at 1/10th the price and equally as comfortable! ;-) You have spoken like a true petrolhead in choosing the Supersport. It is also the general consensus among all the Bhpians so far. Watch and wait brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoo View Post
I noticed that the Supersport is the pre-facelift model. Wonder for how long it has been in the showroom. Do look it up. Btw absolutely great pics.
The Supersports is a pre facelifted model. you are correct. But so are all other Supersports as the new facelifted Supersport will be launched after some time yet. Thank you for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Wow Manuuj! What a news to wake up to.

Off the 3, I am caught between the Brooklands and the Continental Supersports. But that Satin black paint job. Magnificent!

Get the Supersport, please.
The car was bought on 20th September itself. But which one?? The Brooklands was the front runner all along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Manuuj, The Continental SC is the only consideration here. Brooklands is only good in the showrooms, thats why they made only so less of those. Saw one of those at Miami airport and they are massive and too much of everything.
Too much of everything? Too much of the good stuff you mean..haha! But as the first real supercar in the family we had to consider many things that i shall explain later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
OMG!!! I have only one word for that "Amazing". Never saw such detailed pictures of Bentley brigade. Hats off to you.
Thanks Ankur! Glad u liked the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Oh Shucks Blooooody! Pardon my language but can't help my natural liner... You are slaughtering here man. Can one really make a choice between them? Looking for the forward story.
Your language dear sir is abundantly polished and refined when compared to the words and expressions that escaped your sagging jaws when we test drove each car. Never have i ever heard or uttered the four letter word so freely and in such generous measure as i did on those initial drives.
The choice was made on the 20th of September. It was with some sadness that i said goodbye to the other two. i literally stood there and petted them goodbye as the staff looked on incredulously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Wow! Awesome cars dude! the paint finish of GT Supersports is exquisite.
The maroon interiors of Brooklands are not for my liking but who cares..its a Bentley.
The interiors of the Brooklands are a few shades darker than what the pics depict. May be due to the flash. The special paint on the Supersports was truly exquisite as you put it. Dont ask me how much it costs for that paint. I almost fainted when i heard. lets just say you can buy many many many Nanos and i mean many many Nanos for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
This is like a wet dream come true for any petrol head
I am sure you must in a huge dilemma.
My pick of the lot would be the supersports
Spoken like a true petrol head! Thanks for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Wow! the supersports in that paint finish looks menacing to say the least. Seeing one of your interior pics i can see that theres ample space for adults in the back seat as well. So which was it?
The Brooklands had more than ample space for 4 full adults. There is a pic of me sitting in the back seat with the drivers seat in its natural position to depict just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
awesome writeup with an equally(or is it more) awesome pics. My heart skipped several beats when i read your post. Congrats on your 'adventure' and please don't keep us waiting,trying to figure out your decision.
I'm glad you are enjoying the post buddy. The reason i have not revealed the final choice is because we had 2 sleepless nights also mulling over the choices. This is all a part of giving my fellow Bhpians the full experience!.. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Congrats Manuuj. I hope the suspense would not be too long to kill me.

Super narrative. Especially loved the Click..whirrr, Click..whirrr..Click whirr..

I guess the Fortuner must be sobbing in your garage thinking about this new addition.
The Fortuner seemed to be growling at the Bentleys all along. I think it was even trying to flirt with a Lamborghini parked there just to show the Bentleys that he preferred the Italian beauties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Manuuj,

Speechless after seeing the beauties! Don't keep us hanging...waiting for more.

I am not knowledgeable about Bentleys, but do know that in the Ian Fleming stories, James used to have a battleship grey, specially reinforced one.

Can we expect similar escapades from you?
Hahaha Nilanjan! I'm no 007! Glad you liked the pics and i look forward to any guesses you may have regarding which Bentley was finally picked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Wow great pictures of amazing cars. The disc brakes on the supersport makes alloys look like wheelcaps Simply superb!. The matte finish has never looked better than this...
Thanks kvish! The Supersport was actually unbelievable to look at in the flesh! The matte finish really brought out all it curves and muscles very well.
Manuuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:05   #33
BHPian

I have a feeling you guys chose the white GT. Maintaining the paint job on the speed might be a problem in punjab.
Great write up. Please let us know.
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

There is another thread called "When I had a Dream....". All this is like a dream for me. May be someday!

Congrats on being a Bentley!

BTW just a thought, anything particular that your brother went for a Bentley and not a Rolls Royce. Unless off-course he is looking to drive it himself!

Cheers
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:21   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

The Supersports wins out in terms of pure looks. Somehow the plum interiors of the others don't do it for me: the red-n-black is much more palatable.

I don't even want to ASK how much these beauties cost OTR in India. Are you ging to join the ranks of those riding around with NL registrations?
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:27   #36
BHPian

Congratulations Manuuj

Nice to see that you are living a dream. Wonderful pictures and narration. Subscribing to this thread. Please do keep us updated on your driving experience with few more pics

Regards
Ravi
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:45   #37
Senior - BHPian

WOW! Pure art. That too at its best. Da Vinci, Picasso.... the likes. All 3 look absolutely ravishing and tempting. Man, who would'nt want to be in your shoes now?

Excellent pics and superb narration. Loved reading every bit of it.
Please tell me you got the Supersports. What an amazing creation. Makes one want to make love to it .

Please dont make us wait more. The suspense's killing us all.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 23rd September 2011 at 14:47.
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

Looks like i am late to the party, absolutely wonderful pictures of these beauties and which one to choose from them is a task i would rather not worry about. Pick up anyone man, they all are stunning.

Awaiting more pictures and finally which one you choose.
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:09   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
The Supersports wins out in terms of pure looks. Somehow the plum interiors of the others don't do it for me: the red-n-black is much more palatable.

I don't even want to ASK how much these beauties cost OTR in India. Are you ging to join the ranks of those riding around with NL registrations?
That GT is actually owned by the CM's son. Its in delhi
GordonGekko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

Thats Super Sports is HOT HOT HOT HOT !!!

I had to pick up my jaws from the floor !
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:39   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
Wow Manuuj!

What to say, Congrats in advance is what I can think of.

And a big Thank-you for the alluring pics. The super-sports looks out-of-this world in that amazing paint job.

I loved the engrossing write-up!

Keep us updated, will ya?

Your friend,

Zap
Hi Zappex! Thanks for your kind words and wishes buddy! I hadnt missed your post but it was a case of you posting while i was in the process of writing my earlier replies.

More pics and a write up coming up soon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
How i wish i were in youe shoes!!!!

Fantastic pictures and the story build up is truly amazing!The cars- just WOW. I love sportscars so i should be liking the Continental GT/Supersports. But i'm in awe of the Brooklands.It looks so majestic and regal!! I dont know if i've to say this but if it were my choice i'd go for the Brooklands! Sure,the Continental GT/Supersports looks awesome but it looks more like a yuppie souped up sports car (ooops!!don't kill me!!)in front of the classic lines of the Supersports.
But then again,whichever car you buy,it will still be a BENTLEY(which is just AWESOME)!!!!!!!!!!

Have a blast!!!
The Brooklands sure is majestic Porschfire. I had seen one 2 years ago and said at that time that if we ever buy a Bentley this is the one i would choose. I prefer 2 door Coupes that have the full size also like the Phantom Coupe. The Brooklands was the front runner the moment its existence as an option was known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGekko View Post
I have a feeling you guys chose the white GT. Maintaining the paint job on the speed might be a problem in punjab.
Great write up. Please let us know.
All shall be revealed soon Buddy..today itself! I'm no Sadist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
There is another thread called "When I had a Dream....". All this is like a dream for me. May be someday!

Congrats on being a Bentley!

BTW just a thought, anything particular that your brother went for a Bentley and not a Rolls Royce. Unless off-course he is looking to drive it himself!

Cheers
The Rolls Royce Phantom Coupe WAS also available. But we never considered it. For various reasons that i shall elucidate later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

No Sir, No NL registration here. We are not politically connected in any way and are a very law abiding family. The vehicle will be registered following every word of the law. We dont want to risk losing the vehicle just to save some money. Peace of mind is more important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
Congratulations Manuuj

Nice to see that you are living a dream. Wonderful pictures and narration. Subscribing to this thread. Please do keep us updated on your driving experience with few more pics

Regards
Ravi
Thank you ravikn..shall post more pics and experiences as an when i am in Punjab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
WOW! Pure art. That too at its best. Da Vinci, Picasso.... the likes. All 3 look absolutely ravishing and tempting. Man, who would'nt want to be in your shoes now?

Excellent pics and superb narration. Loved reading every bit of it.
Please tell me you got the Supersports. What an amazing creation. Makes one want to make love to it .

Please dont make us wait more. The suspense's killing us all.
The two sleepless nights i spent agonizing over the decision must be shared and experienced by all my fellow Bhpian brothers. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Looks like i am late to the party, absolutely wonderful pictures of these beauties and which one to choose from them is a task i would rather not worry about. Pick up anyone man, they all are stunning.

Awaiting more pictures and finally which one you choose.
The reveal is around the corner buddy. More pics and a write up coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Thats Super Sports is HOT HOT HOT HOT !!!

I had to pick up my jaws from the floor !
Tell me about it buddy my eyes haven't set back completely in their sockets yet.
Manuuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:43   #42
BHPian

A Bentley joins the family

Also standing in the showroom were these two beauties:
Attached Thumbnails
A Bentley joins the family-img_0227re.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0228re.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0229re.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0230re.jpg  

Manuuj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:55   #43
Senior - BHPian

Waw, 2 more killer machines. These Lambys seem to make a different statement. Is that your TFort standing out? They seem to say, Hey TF who are you and what are you? we are ready to vrooooom Thanks man, this has been an amazing treat.
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
It was a race between the three now and they were all at the starting line up ready to roar away..
Oh my dear God! What a pretty good confusion to have man! First of all, hearty congrats on getting a Bentley in your family. You really are living what most of us dream. Wishing you miles and miles of sheer motoring bliss in your new Bentley.

All the pictures are to die for, more so those of the Continental Super Sports. The graphite paint finish look terrific, the back and red interiors are lovely and those awesome subtly-smoked taillights oozes class and aggression at the same time. I am not able to stop looking at it even in pictures and something in me says that it is either this Super Sports or the Continental GT that has entered your family. Now, don't keep us guessing for so long, break the suspense Manuuj!
Old 23rd September 2011, 16:02   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hi Manuuj,
A super 5* thread no doubt for more reasons than one !

Consider these as questions and observations from a phlistine and a barbarian:

1. Kitna deti hai ?

2. Kitne ki hai ? Model-wise.

3. Are the diesel versions coming ?

4. Do they have anti cardiac arrest pills in the first aid kit. For times when you are driving any one of these in the busy cities of Mumbai/ Delhi etc and competing with autos and taxis (kaali-peeli only pliss !)?

And do think of the number of Toyota-Fortuners you could have bought with just one of these and the high end TFT Service you could have started. Yeah - Toyota Fortuner Taxi Service !

Congratulations !

I do see your white Toyota Fortuner through the large glass pane in the tail view snap of the yellow Lamborghini. So the moral of the story - to get any of these fancy cars - you'll first need to earn a Toyota Fortuner to gain respect/respectability !

Last edited by Guderian : 23rd September 2011 at 16:26.
Guderian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed