Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2011, 16:56   #106
BHPian

Re: A Bentley joins the family

Congratulations Manuuj. You made the right choice, GT is the prefect blend of style , comfort ,and speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Supersports.
Was this SS new or used? I ask this because there is a SS very similar to this in Delhi, I had seen it in GK2 around 2-3 weeks back.
Old 24th September 2011, 17:08   #107
Senior - BHPian

Congrats bro on the new addition.A very good write up and very nice pics.Send in an initial experience report also.The write up was too good that i could feel that i was seeing all this in front of my eyes.
ram
Old 24th September 2011, 17:23   #108
Senior - BHPian

What a thriller !

Finally, the Yeti has some competition in creating "thriller threads"...

Edit: oops, I forgot to congratulate you bro...
Old 24th September 2011, 17:25   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

First of all, CONGRATSSSS. I am failing to get the right words to describe that B beauty of yours(writer's block may be,'wink'). I felt happy to read that your brother went ahead with his heart rather than his head,few people manage to do that and those who do, they really enjoy life. Congrats again.

Now about your posts,they are just amazing. They could be easily turned into a novel(how about a title- 'Choosing from the Unrejectables'). The pics were great but the narration was just out of the world. May be a certain Mr.Bhagat should take inspiration from your posts( PS- I like C Bhagat's books a lot).

Last but not the least,the way you managed to keep secrets and unfurled them at the appropiate time was superb. With every TEASER post,a swear word used to come to my lips(out of shock and disbelief). Waiting for more details on your RR teaser.

Also, leave all your work,visit Punjab and update more details about your new Bentley GT.
Old 24th September 2011, 17:27   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Stumbled upon this thread now! Brilliant narration man. 7 pages of rapt attention! Congrats on your new B.

And, speaking of RR? Is that in the pipeline for your purchase or already in the garage?
The pic is of a RR Coupe that was also considered briefly. It was rejected for reasons i shall soon reveal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagu View Post
Congratulations Manuuj. ...is a SS very similar to this in Delhi, I had seen it in GK2 around 2-3 weeks back.
Thanks Vagu! The SS was a slightly used one. It had 2000 kms on the clock. Though this was not the reason for it being rejected. The comfort factor was the reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Congrats bro on the new addition.A very good write up and very nice pics.Send in an initial experience report also.The write up was too good that i could feel that i was seeing all this in front of my eyes.
ram
Thanks for your kind words Ram.

Now onto the the business of the selection process.

I have been asked why we considered the RR Phantom Coupe. The fact is we did.

There was one available for sale and we were interested in it also. But my next post shall detail why it was rejected. It was a contender as well, for about 5 minutes, once the Brooklands had dropped out of the running.
Old 24th September 2011, 18:49   #111
lsp
BHPian

Manuuj.... Congrats to you and your family members for the car!! Choice made from the heart.

I am curious about one thing. You said it is a brand new car and you are the first owner and also that its a 2009 model. What was it doing for the 2 years in between. Just sitting at the dealers?? I understand that these are premium cars and one doesn't expect them to be bought off the shelf in a jiffy.

But a 2 year old car which has hardly been driven in that period. Makes one think about it. Did you give that a thought. any special measures being taken coz of that?

Looking at the interior pics, I would gladly remove my shoes before I sit in one of these beauties.
Old 24th September 2011, 20:19   #112
Senior - BHPian

From what I gather, I think the Brooklands and the Phantom Coupe belongs/belonged to VRR(DC). Looks like he is in a clean up process!

Were there much depreciation in the prices of uber-exclusive cars like these? I think the Phantom Coupe is the only one in India (customer owned) against the three Brooklands.
Old 24th September 2011, 21:54   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
What a thriller !

Finally, the Yeti has some competition in creating "thriller threads"...

Edit: oops, I forgot to congratulate you bro...
Thanks you sir for the kind words! ..and for the wishes also! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
First of all, CONGRATSSSS.

Now about your posts,they are just amazing. They could be easily turned into a novel(how about a title- 'Choosing from the Unrejectables'). The pics were great but the narration was just out of the world. Waiting for more details on your RR teaser.

Also, leave all your work,visit Punjab and update more details about your new Bentley GT.
Thank you ashis89 for the wishes and encouragement. "Choosing from the Unrejectables" certainly is an appropriate name for this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Manuuj.... Congrats to you and your family members for the car!! Choice made from the heart.

I am curious about one thing. You said it is a brand new car and you are the first owner and also that its a 2009 model. What was it doing for the 2 years in between. Just sitting at the dealers?? I understand that these are premium cars and one doesn't expect them to be bought off the shelf in a jiffy.

But a 2 year old car which has hardly been driven in that period. Makes one think about it. Did you give that a thought. any special measures being taken coz of that?

Looking at the interior pics, I would gladly remove my shoes before I sit in one of these beauties.
Thanks for the wishes lsp. I think you misunderstood. Its the Brooklands that is a 2009 model. The GT that we bought is a 2011 model and was imported just about a week before we bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
From what I gather, I think the Brooklands and the Phantom Coupe belongs/belonged to VRR(DC). Looks like he is in a clean up process!

Were there much depreciation in the prices of uber-exclusive cars like these? I think the Phantom Coupe is the only one in India (customer owned) against the three Brooklands.
The depreciation is about 15%-20% per year which is a lot of money when one sees the Original price of these masterpieces.

You are correct about the Cars belonging to VRR(DC). I wonder why he wants to sell them..

As far the rejection process goes..as i said before we had just rejected the beautiful Brooklands in favor of the GT due to some minor niggles. It was then i saw a RR Phantom Coupe under the covers and asked if we could take a look at it,if that is, it was for sale.

It was for sale as it turned out. The covers were taken out and i was asked to wait for 10 minutes so they could just take off a thin film of dust that had settled on it.

It was brought out and once more i was gasping for breath.

What Majesty!

At any moment now I expected HRH Queen Elizabeth with hubby in tow to peep out and ask me to kindly move out of their way. I opened the vault like doors and instantly recoiled..

No..there was no snake/bat/ frog/lizard seated on the drivers seat.. no Queen either.

Infact there was nothing stately about the interiors at all.

The leather was there..yes. But thats all. The inside handles were not made of steel like the hand turned switches and handles in the Bentleys. Infact it was the same thing i have in my Fortuner..albeit of a far higher quality. It was chrome plated plastic.

Then there was not one Amazonian forest in attendance inside. It had been replaced by the product of some Russian mine..there was acres of Aluminium!

Now I'm not old fashioned at all and I don't mind Aluminium in my cans of Coke, assorted pots and pans or even the engine of my Honda Civic but for it to inflict its beastly company on the dashboard of a Rolls Royce was utterly unacceptable to me.

That was that. The RR had fallen short.. for the want of some bark.

The car of course is a beauty. Superbly crafted and engineered. What a fantastic steering wheel i must add. The thick doors are like Bank vaults and the whole car exuded Class but for the unsightly Aluminium.

This too of course is a matter of choice. Whoever ordered the car originally specified the Aluminium and has every right to do so if he has a fleet of other luxury cars with deep dark wood inside. But this was our first super Luxury Car and it had to be just right.

That is also the reason we have ordered the wood veneer for the GT also which will soon replace the shiny Aluminium fascia that you see in the pics as of now.

I am now posting as promised some pics of the RR Phantom Coupe.

Kindly keep a tissue handy.
Attached Thumbnails
A Bentley joins the family-dsc01359.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-dsc01360.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-dsc01361.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-dsc01363.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-dsc01364.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-dsc01365.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-dsc01366.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-dsc01369.jpg  

Manuuj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2011, 22:11   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Were there much depreciation in the prices of uber-exclusive cars like these?
In my opinion the depreciation must be huge! It is difficult to sell second hand luxury/comfort oriented cars like CF, phantom,or the phantom coupe compared to sport cars like 650,GT,or Lambos, which regularly change hands.

Correct me if am wrong
Old 24th September 2011, 22:24   #115
Senior - BHPian

Hi Manuuj,
Consider this yet another set of Qs from a wretched philistine !
1. The big B (GT) must have run a few hundred KMs by now ! Any niggles spotted as of now ?
2. What is the service interval of the GT ? How many KMs ?
3. What would be the approx cost per service ?
4. What kind of FE figures is it returning as of now ?
5. Where would it be taken for service ? Delhi ?
I have a reason to ask all these Qs.
And the reason is I am planning to buy one ! In my dreams of course. But then need to know all these facts before I buy it even in my dreams. Don't want to turn my dreams into an expensive affair !
Guderian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2011, 23:35   #116
BHPian

Man!!! Manuuj is there a car you didn't consider!!! just when we thought you had exhausted all options you put up pics of the RR and they say that folks out to buy a 10lacs rupee car are spoilt for choices. i can only imagine how tough your decision must have been (especially to go against the ladies of the house).

thanks for living up to your promise i cant get enough of these pictures. so far i have only drooled over these beauties in a five star hotel parking lot never ever seen so many of them in such great detail (just for this i hope you buy more luxury cars).

and yes congrats to you and your brother!
Old 25th September 2011, 04:42   #117
Senior - BHPian

You didn't give us any pics of this low red thing. What is it? A 911?
Attached Thumbnails
A Bentley joins the family-dsc01363.jpg  

Last edited by Scorcher : 25th September 2011 at 04:45.
Scorcher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2011, 05:11   #118
BHPian

Quote:
You didn't give us any pics of this low red thing. What is it? A 911?
Red Riding Hood was a Ferrari California buddy! Good catch! ;-)

The owner wasn't around so i could not take permission to take any snaps much less post them online.

Another Super Duper Car that i saw there but did not photograph was..... wait for it..The Lamborghini Aventador.

It was yet to be revealed to the public so the Owner of Exclusive Motors requested me not to take any pics of it.

I was tempted..but a promise is a promise.

I can say this it was a bit higher than my knee..built like an arrow and was a Matte pearl color that made it look beyond fantastic. Every other car..yes, EVERY other car including the GT paled in comparasion.

I leave you tonight (or this morning) with some parting shots of the beautiful and elegant Bentley Brooklands.
Attached Thumbnails
A Bentley joins the family-img_0899.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0902.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0901.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0904.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0906.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0905.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0903.jpg  

Manuuj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th September 2011, 06:33   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Another Super Duper Car that i saw there but did not photograph was..... wait for it..The Lamborghini Aventador.
Whoa! You made my day Manuuj

I was told that the first Aventadors in India was slated to be delivered in September but never expected them to be so accurate with dates. If I am not mistaken, the white one, along with a yellow one is going to the Brooklands and Phantom Coupe owner's garage

Now I guess, I know why he has been clearing up!
Old 25th September 2011, 08:04   #120
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase . Beautiful car and lovely pictures. The 6 3/4 engine cover looks absolutely splendid on the brooklands. Enjoy our ride.

Most Viewed