Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2011, 13:00   #121
BHPian

Re: A Bentley joins the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
You didn't give us any pics of this low red thing. What is it? A 911?
Amazing catch buddy!

Red California + Aventador = Heat Stroke

And a big congrats to Manuuj! A very wise choice indeed, and what a thread! Have been reading it over and over again.

Keep it coming man!!
Old 25th September 2011, 15:58   #122
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent thread Manuuj!! This is a thread which I have been looking for a long time. A true picture of what goes on in the mind of an exotic / supercar buyer. How a decision is made as to which exotic should be go for? What are the factors considered? Does family play a role in deciding the car? What is given more importance - no of seats or cylinders?

You have covered everything in this thread Manuuj!!
Old 25th September 2011, 16:23   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi Manuuj,
Consider this yet another set of Qs from a wretched philistine !
1. The big B (GT) must have run a few hundred KMs by now ! Any niggles spotted as of now ?
2. What is the service interval of the GT ? How many KMs ?
3. What would be the approx cost per service ?
4. What kind of FE figures is it returning as of now ?
5. Where would it be taken for service ? Delhi ?
Good Q's Guderian!.. I can say this

1. Just about 500 kms covered and no niggles to report..except the fact that it makes you want to get up in the middle of the night just to sit in the garage, pull a chair, light a smoke and just look at it.

2. I think its once a year every 15,000 kms..not sure about the mileage bit but i shall confirm.

3. Don't know..don't want to know.

4. Its returning around 4-5 kmpl which is fair. During our test drives and when we were really pushing the car to its limits and also sitting in it with the engine and ac running, and revving it to hear the engine note time and time again while checking out its various features it returned around 2 kmpl. A pic is included from that time

5.Service can be carried out at the Exclusive Motors New Delhi or an an Engineer can be deputed anywhere the car is. It is advisable ofcourse that due to the special tools required to have it serviced in Delhi itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Man!!! Manuuj is there a car you didn't consider!!! just when we thought you had exhausted all options you put up pics of the RR and they say that folks out to buy a 10lacs rupee car are spoilt for choices. i can only imagine how tough your decision must have been (especially to go against the ladies of the house).

thanks for living up to your promise i cant get enough of these pictures. so far i have only drooled over these beauties in a five star hotel parking lot never ever seen so many of them in such great detail (just for this i hope you buy more luxury cars).

and yes congrats to you and your brother!
Thank you so much especially for the part highlighted in bold! ;-) Im glad you enjoyed the pics. When i was taking them it was with the explicit purpose of sharing everything with my fellow bhpians.

The minute i knew the car was finalized the thread starting forming in my mind and i was excited to share it with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Congratulations on the purchase . Beautiful car and lovely pictures. The 6 3/4 engine cover looks absolutely splendid on the brooklands. Enjoy our ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parishrut View Post
Amazing catch buddy!

Red California + Aventador = Heat Stroke

And a big congrats to Manuuj! A very wise choice indeed, and what a thread! Have been reading it over and over again.

Keep it coming man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Excellent thread Manuuj!! This is a thread which I have been looking for a long time. A true picture of what goes on in the mind of an exotic / supercar buyer. How a decision is made as to which exotic should be go for? What are the factors considered? Does family play a role in deciding the car? What is given more importance - no of seats or cylinders?

You have covered everything in this thread Manuuj!!
Thanks so much bigron, Parishrut and V12! I promise more exciting pics after my trip to Punjab.

In the meanwhile i shall post more information on the GT to whet your appetite.

Last edited by Manuuj : 25th September 2011 at 16:28.
Old 25th September 2011, 16:34   #124
BHPian

A pic of the mileage figures, but as i said it was mainly due to the fact that we were driving the car hard. We were also revving it hard to hear the engine note etc

On a more normal run 5 kmpl can be expected. But don't forget its a 6 litre twin turbo W12 engine churning out almost 570 Bhp and 700 Nm of torque.
Attached Thumbnails
A Bentley joins the family-img_0907.jpg  

Last edited by Manuuj : 25th September 2011 at 16:44.
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2011, 17:34   #125
BHPian

The Bentley GT.

These are the actual specification of our GT as configured by the dealer when he ordered the vehicle.

There are some nice (but pricey) optional extras but they all make the GT even more special.

The only thing we are changing is the Aluminium front Fascia for a Wood finish that has been ordered already.

Exterior Color -Glacier White- Brings out the lines of the car nicely.

Main Hide -Fireglow - is darker and deeper than what the pics depict

Secondary Hide: Beluga- errr...black.

Veneer : Dark Stained Burr Walnut

Carpets - Fireglow

Seat Belts - Beluga

Steering Column Cowl - Fireglow

Head Lining - Beluga

Outer Console / Front fascia - Fireglow

Front Armrest - Beluga with contrast Stitching

Door Pads - Fireglow and Beluga

Emblem Stitching- Beluga

Gear Lever- Beluga

Smokers pack

Bright tint aluminium fascia panels (to be changed to Dark Burr Walnut)

Contrast stitching - Beluga

Embroidered Bentley Emblems to seat facing

Seat Ventilation and Massage to front seats.

Steering Wheel - two tone hide trimed stering wheel 3 spoke

Drilled alloy sport foot pedals.

T V Tuner

Naim for Bentley Premium Audio System- Superb sound quality. Unmatched.

Lambswool rugs

Knurled Sport Gear Lever

Bright Chromed Radiator Matrix Grille & Bright lower Bumper Matrix Grille

Crafted Veneer case

First aid kit

Space saver Wheel

Convenience Specification ( This includes as under )

a. Rear View camera
b. Privacy handset Front
c. Valet parking key
d.Standard Brakes with Red Calipers and Bentley written in Contrast.

A few pics for illustration purposes:
Attached Thumbnails
A Bentley joins the family-img_0862.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0861.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0859.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0864.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0865.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0863.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0867.jpg  

A Bentley joins the family-img_0866.jpg  

Manuuj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2011, 18:00   #126
Team-BHP Support

Great Buy Mannuj !! Congrats .

I have to use Google to understand most of the specification's mentioned by you . Great to know that Dealers are stocking many options and you could get a decent specced car , there are many buyers who just can't wait (including me ) & many a times delivery becomes a deciding factor , we will like to know more about your Dealership experience in future .
Old 25th September 2011, 18:19   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Great Buy Mannuj !! Congrats .

I have to use Google to understand most of the specification's mentioned by you . Great to know that Dealers are stocking many options and you could get a decent specced car , there are many buyers who just can't wait (including me ) & many a times delivery becomes a deciding factor , we will like to know more about your Dealership experience in future .
Thanks for the wishes Turbanator. Google is a good way to understand all that i have written.

Another fantastic tool especially for us dreamers is the Bentley GT Configurator. This link will lead you there:

BentleyICS

Go on it and configure your own GT.

Save the final Summary and even take a printout of your dream machine.

You never know what happens. When you really want something the universe will conspire to bring it to you. After all that's what has been said to us over the ages in books, movies and religious texts.

There is no harm in having a dream for you never know when that dream of yesterday will become your reality today

Last edited by Manuuj : 25th September 2011 at 18:20.
Manuuj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2011, 19:14   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmmm...well 2 kmpl when driven hard and the fact that it can only seat 2 at the back make it a dealbreaker for me then

What a thread, Manuuj! I think the Bentley is simply the most luxurious superluxobarge on Indian roads today. Of course feel free to correct me if I am wrong by posting another ownership review!

Just one question: after driving around in this, how does one get used to a (relatively) humble BMW or Merc? Or a Fortuner, which I believe is your principal ride?
noopster is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2011, 19:32   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hmmm...well 2 kmpl when driven hard and the fact that it can only seat 2 at the back make it a dealbreaker for me then

What a thread, Manuuj! I think the Bentley is simply the most luxurious superluxobarge on Indian roads today. Of course feel free to correct me if I am wrong by posting another ownership review!

Just one question: after driving around in this, how does one get used to a (relatively) humble BMW or Merc? Or a Fortuner, which I believe is your principal ride?
Hahaha! well said Noopster! Bentleys do have Heritage behind them. Some things cannot be learned but are inherited through generations. Even given the same materials it would be difficult for a new manufacturer to come up with something so sublime.

Its not only that it looks stunning but also the fact that is real technology behind the car that amazes. Everything is so well put together and designed with great care.

Can you believe that the Valve Caps for the tyres are also made of metal and have The "B" logo complete in every respect on them too. They are as elegant as the most expensive cuff links you can get.

The first R-Type continental that debuted in 1952 was not only beautiful but a real innovation in terms of technology. In its third generation the current GT carries that torch forward and keeps the Bentley flag flying high.

To your final Q which was "after driving around in this, how does one get used to a (relatively) humble BMW or Merc? Or a Fortuner, which I believe is your principal ride?"

I have only one answer...With great difficulty.

Last edited by Manuuj : 25th September 2011 at 19:34.
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2011, 20:13   #130
Senior - BHPian

Just wondering why would any 2~3C buyer be worried about FE? Or why that is there in the display unit at all in the first place?

Just enjoy the glorious ride in the lap of true luxury and stop looking at those meters (except the rev ones)...
Old 25th September 2011, 20:42   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Whoa! You made my day Manuuj

I was told that the first Aventadors in India was slated to be delivered in September but never expected them to be so accurate with dates. If I am not mistaken, the white one, along with a yellow one is going to the Brooklands and Phantom Coupe owner's garage

Now I guess, I know why he has been clearing up!
Indeed ! But they'v still got 2 More Brooklands with them. Anyways sorry for going OT. Amazing thread, I only got to catch a glimpse of the RR Coupe and the Brooklands just once here in Hyderabad, thank you so much for Clicking those snaps for us and Congrats to your Brother on the purchase !

PS:- Can't wait for the arrival of the Aventador !

Last edited by ShortShifter : 25th September 2011 at 20:44.
Old 25th September 2011, 21:48   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

What a thread ! Just opened up to see what's inside & totally hooked. Congrats on the buy ! I guess these super cars should first stop displaying the FE figures. Why give heart attacks every time you want to push the pedal to metal!

I really liked that warranty can be bought for 17 years ! That's great. Now could I ask what all are included in this warranty? Does it include the service cost also ?
Old 25th September 2011, 23:58   #133
A M
BHPian

Many many congrats Manuuj!! You now own "The Dream Machine". And thanks or letting us mortals have a sneak peak inside of these svelte beauties.

Well!! Chandigarh will be half way on your journey to Punjab. You might want to have a tea/coffee break here(.....hint hint)

Just one query--- What's with the valet key? What's the difference between the normal and a valet key? Can we have the pics of both, if you don't mind?
Old 26th September 2011, 00:21   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
Just one query--- What's with the valet key? What's the difference between the normal and a valet key? Can we have the pics of both, if you don't mind?
Quite simple.

The primary key of the Bentley is a piece of craftsmanship in itself that the owners won't be too comfy handing them over to the valet parking at a hotel and hence the Valet Key is a normal key (which should resemble any other VW Group key fob) which houses the key instead of the pricey original one. In layman's terms, a duplicate chaabi

Who, in their sane minds, would part with keys like this? See, you can match it with the leather
Attached Thumbnails
A Bentley joins the family-3420275523_2022a05ea5.jpg  

Scorcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 00:37   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

O.T- Manuuj i agree with the RR looks majestic from every angle outside,pure royal lineage. But once we step inside,it loses its charm,it looks like a commoner( especially the rear seats-may be the pic is not doing justice to it). The lack of wood and the presence of 'regular' beige as its interior shade seem to be the spoilsport,something more rare and exotic would have been better IMO.

On the other hand,the interiors of your Bentley are droolworthy. They exude luxury as well as performance at the same time,it's a rare and hell of a combination.
Enjoy your car while giving a blind eye to the FE meter.

PS- I bet your Fortuner(Beast) must be feeling a bullock cart after you step out of the Bentley(Beauty)

Most Viewed