Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2011, 02:09   #136
BHPian

Hi Manuuj !
Hearty Congrats mate; your stable now boasts a variety of the British - the rover, and now the big B!
It gives us immense sense of pride that a fellow T-BHPian now owns such a beaut and is modestly sharing his experience on this forum. Kudos!

Just finished reading this thread, 1st post till the last.
A good thing to know that this beauty stays in Punjab. Had read all about the parking issues you've had over the years with the Scorpio's and the Fortuner at your place in Delhi.

Here's wishing you happy miles with the white beaut.

Do you plan to go for a road trip with the GT (like your ladakh trip in the Fortuner) ?

Cheers.

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 26th September 2011 at 02:10.
Old 26th September 2011, 02:15   #137
BHPian

Re: A Bentley joins the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Just wondering why would any 2~3C buyer be worried about FE? Or why that is there in the display unit at all in the first place?

Just enjoy the glorious ride in the lap of true luxury and stop looking at those meters (except the rev ones)...
Hahaha!! Not concerned with the FE figures dkaile just amused. I expected around 5 and am satisfied with what the car delivers. For really squeezing mileage out of every drop of fuel we have regular everyday drive cars.

Its for when we want to squeeze every drop out of life that the Bentley growls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
Indeed ! But they'v still got 2 More Brooklands with them. Anyways sorry for going OT. Amazing thread, I only got to catch a glimpse of the RR Coupe and the Brooklands just once here in Hyderabad, thank you so much for Clicking those snaps for us and Congrats to your Brother on the purchase !
PS:- Can't wait for the arrival of the Aventador !
I think one Brooklands has been sold and even this one is on the block. He has retained one though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What a thread ! Just opened up to see what's inside & totally hooked.
I really liked that warranty can be bought for 17 years ! That's great. Now could I ask what all are included in this warranty? Does it include the service cost also ?
Thanks for the kind words swiftnfurious. Warranty is provided by Bentley and covers parts not labor to my knowledge. Its very reassuring to note that the car can be warranted for 17 years albeit at a price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
Many many congrats Manuuj!! You now own "The Dream Machine". And thanks or letting us mortals have a sneak peak inside of these svelte beauties. Well!! Chandigarh will be half way on your journey to Punjab. You might want to have a tea/coffee break here(.....hint hint)
Would love to take you up on the offer AM. The only problem is that the cops in your lovely city have some some kind of past life debt with me.

The countless and inevitable run in's with them have left me a bit jaded..hahaha!

But am willing to risk it for a fellow bhpian. Am looking forward to driving it on the Canal road at night after Roopnagar towards Nawanshahr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
O.T-

PS- I bet your Fortuner(Beast) must be feeling a bullock cart after you step out of the Bentley(Beauty)
I know you jest but comparing the two is an exercise in futility. The Fortuner has its own very distinct advantages.

When i compare the Fortuner to the Range Rover it feels at best agrarian but when i compare it to a Pajero / Endeavour it feels superb.

A Bugatti, Ascari, Koenigsegg Agera or Pagani Zonda can make the Bentley GT shrink in embarrassment.

But to answer your question plainly...yes.

Last edited by Manuuj : 26th September 2011 at 02:22.
Old 26th September 2011, 02:57   #138
A M
BHPian

You betcha!! They are too thick skinned.

Not that I'm trying to scare you but I've actually seen them give a speeding ticket to a Flying Spur owner. It was PB registered I guess.
How do I know? Well... You can understand

And yea!! That road is nearly empty late nights. Will be real fun.
Old 26th September 2011, 05:47   #139
BHPian

Congrats Manuuj! What a ride dude!
Well the FE should not bother you and given the engine spec, 5kpl is extremely efficient.

Last edited by C300 : 26th September 2011 at 05:48. Reason: Formatting
Old 26th September 2011, 11:17   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

O.T- On a lighter note, Manuuj it seems you have lost your sleep since the Bentley stepped into your garage,your posts are well past the midnight(I am just kidding).
Old 26th September 2011, 12:24   #141
BHPian

Echoing fellow bhp-ians thoughts/comments, Congratulations!! Manuuj, great buy and choice with superb pics, 5Star rated thread here.

Just curious to know, if you did at all consider the Ghost or simply the RR Phantom Coupe?
Old 26th September 2011, 13:04   #142
BHPian

I fail to understand why there is even a mention of FE in THIS thread

There should only be words and synonyms like exotic, royal, workmanship, detail and "that-roar-gives-me-an-you-know-what"!!!

I had to use Google and the configurator for understanding most of the specs you had listed there Manuuj! And you are right about the "wanting something really bad" thing; the universe is a queer place really. ** So, let me now configure my L A N D C R U I S E R and wait for it **

Can't thank you enough for this thread, Manuuj; hope you keep updating it regularly. Again, CONGRATSSS and God bless you and your family!!!
Old 26th September 2011, 13:05   #143
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Is it true that you get a lovely Breitling watch with the car?
Old 26th September 2011, 13:13   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Manuuj- Congrats again !

Good choice on switching the panels back to wood. I'm surprised the dealer didn't do it for free.

How was the dealer experience in terms of paper work and payments? I have heard these guys ask for a good part of the payment in black(cash)

Do you have pics of the dark sky blue bentley that is parked there? It looks super too. Nice alloys on it.

Is the Range Rover still a part of your garage? What does your current garage comprise of and what in store in the near future?
Old 26th September 2011, 15:01   #145
BHPian

With increases in Power, Torque and Fuel efficiency from its previous model the New Continental GT’s engine is renowned as one of the most technologically advanced of its kind.

Designed in a unique ‘W’ configuration, it is the most compact 12-cylinder engine in the world.

Its capable of running on the latest environmentally sustainable bio-fuels thanks to its advanced FlexFuel technology, allowing it to run seamlessly on gasoline, bioethanol (E85) or any combination of the two all from one Tank.

The Continental GT has a 40:60 (front:rear) split power ratio, and feels very planted thus allowing for faster yet more controllable cornering.

The new Continental GT is also faster than its predecessor.

With its power output raised to an immense 567 Bhp and 700 Nmof torque and in tandem with a new six-speed Quickshift transmission which reduces gear change times are by a whopping 50 per cent, it will launch from standstill to 100 kmph in just 4.6 seconds and reach a top speed of tunnel vision inducing 318 kmph.

The GT's state-of-the-art suspension, including Intelligent Continuous Damping Control, constantly monitors the car’s attitude and poise.

It keeps adjusting the suspension settings hundreds of times a second to deliver a supple ride at low speeds and increased control as speed climbs.

Unlike standard two-wheel-drive cars, the GT benefits from one of the world’s most advanced All-Wheel-Drive systems, ensuring that all the power the 12-cylinder engine generates is utilised.

Its ability to accelerate under a wave of torque at any speed, in all weather conditions is unparalleled.

The advanced all wheel drive system can instantaneously adjust the power split between the front and rear wheels depending on the available grip.

In addition, the uprated Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system operates alongside the all-wheel drive system to deliver superb reassurance weather driving gently along a country road or tearing down an expressway.

Some detailed specifications are given below:

ENGINE

Engine CapacitY: 5998cc - W12

Max. Power: 567bhp @ 6000rpm

Max.Torque: 700Nm@ 1700rpm

DRIVELINE AND TRANSMISSION

Continuous All-Wheel Drive

40/60 front/rear torque split

ZF 6-speed automatic transmission with steering column-mounted Paddleshift

PERFORMANCE

Max. Speed : 318km/h

Acceleration: 0 - 60mph-4.4 seconds

Acceleration: 0 - 100kmph-4.6 seconds

WEIGHT

Kerbweight: 2320kg

Gross Vehicle Weight: 2750kg

Boot Volume: 358 Liters

Fuel tank capacity: 90 Liters

DIMENSIONS

Overall Length: 4806mm

Width across mirrors: 2227mm

Width with folded mirrors: 1944mm

Overall Height: 1404mm

Wheel Base: 2746mm
Attached Thumbnails
A Bentley joins the family-img_0856.jpg  

Old 26th September 2011, 15:47   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Hi Manuuj !
Here's wishing you happy miles with the white beaut.

Do you plan to go for a road trip with the GT (like your ladakh trip in the Fortuner) ?
Thanks for the wishes Monaro! No road trips planned as such due to work constraints.

Maybe one in October or first week of November to the arrow straight roads of Rajasthan. Its the only place besides the Budh Grand Prix Circuit where the GT's performance can be truly tested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Congrats Manuuj! What a ride dude!
Well the FE should not bother you and given the engine spec, 5kpl is extremely efficient.
Thanks for the wishes and just to clarify the FE figures are there just for information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
O.T- On a lighter note, Manuuj it seems you have lost your sleep since the Bentley stepped into your garage,your posts are well past the midnight(I am just kidding).
That is all in my endeavor to keep this post filled with updates and pics. I hope you have enjoyed them as much as Iv'e enjoyed sharing them :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
Echoing fellow bhp-ians thoughts/comments, Congratulations!! Manuuj, great buy and choice with superb pics, 5Star rated thread here.

Just curious to know, if you did at all consider the Ghost or simply the RR Phantom Coupe?
Thanks for your wishes TRANSAM. I'm glad you enjoyed the pics. The Ghost was never considered. Even the Phantom Coupe only made its brief and tragic appearance because the Brooklands fell by the wayside.

The Bentleys suit us more based on our age and driving style. They are sportier and we have long admired their racing heritage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
I fail to understand why there is even a mention of FE in THIS thread

I had to use Google and the configurator for understanding most of the specs you had listed there Manuuj! And you are right about the "wanting something really bad" thing; the universe is a queer place really. ** So, let me now configure my L A N D C R U I S E R and wait for it **
Can't thank you enough for this thread, Manuuj; hope you keep updating it regularly. Again, CONGRATSSS and God bless you and your family!!!
Thank you in return for the kind words ssh1979.The FE figures are just for amusement really. I wish u the best of luck with your desire to owning a Landcruiser.

What color would you buy? Mine would be a Dark Green

I shall update the post soon with more pics and videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Is it true that you get a lovely Breitling watch with the car?
If you mean the watch that comes in the dash board i suppose its a Breitling.

Will check and let you know DKG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Manuuj- Congrats again !

Good choice on switching the panels back to wood. I'm surprised the dealer didn't do it for free.

How was the dealer experience in terms of paper work and payments? I have heard these guys ask for a good part of the payment in black (cash)

Do you have pics of the dark sky blue bentley that is parked there? It looks super too. Nice alloys on it.

Is the Range Rover still a part of your garage? What does your current garage comprise of and what in store in the near future?
The Wood panels would have been our original choice as we dont fancy the shiny bit too much. The dealer did give us a 1.5% discount on the car when we asked him for it.

The wood trim panels and labor for installing them will have to be paid for I'm afraid.

The dealer experience was fair i would say. We did not expect them to do tribal dances and bow to us at every instance in any case.

They were fair, respectful and transparent in their dealings. Though in all fairness they seemed a bit understaffed.

I have to say one thing though.

The owner did not flinch once when we test drove his cars as though it was the last drive of our lives. He even let us take his personal Mulsanne out for a drive without a chaperon from the dealership.

(Though I suspect after sitting with my brother for a few "test drives" the sales executives would sooner have handed in their resignations on a hastily scribbled tissue paper than get in the back seat with him at the helm)

All the money was paid through cheque against a valid Invoice with VAT included.

There was no mention of "part payment and small black briefcases" at any point in time during our confabulations..hahaha!

The Range Rover is another beautiful and elegant beast and will remain with us for a long time to come.

As far as any new additions go none are planned in the near future.
As i did mention in the thread earlier we chose the GT over the Flying Spur, with the hope, that at some later stage in our life the Mulsanne might make an appearance...and im talking years down the line.

Who knows..the all new Brooklands is also due for launch in about a decade from now.

We can always dream ..cant we? :-)

Last edited by Manuuj : 26th September 2011 at 15:52.
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 17:14   #147
Senior - BHPian

The last comment I made on this thread was on Friday, that was Page 4. Today its already on Page 10! See the amazing response you've got for your lovely writeup. 5 stars all the way.

What a lovely car! FE and all other things be damned, right Manuuj? Enjoy the beast to the fullest. Please do keep us updated.

P.S: Even I heard that you get a Breitling with a Bently. Not the car watch, but an actual watch. Any info on that?
Old 26th September 2011, 17:47   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Thank you in return for the kind words ssh1979.The FE figures are just for amusement really. I wish u the best of luck with your desire to owning a Landcruiser.

What color would you buy? Mine would be a Dark Green

Quite frankly, though there are certain colors I don't like on a car, I'm not really bothered what color as it's the things under the hood of the TLC that I'm looking for. As long as it's not blue or red or those sorts it's fine Green is a nice color BTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
If you mean the watch that comes in the dash board i suppose its a Breitling.

Will check and let you know DKG.
The "Breitling for Bentley" collection is in itself something to behold & respect (though you would need big arms and wrists for it to look good on hand)! I wouldn't be surprised if it is indeed a Breitling that you have in the car Manuuj!
Old 26th September 2011, 17:53   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
The last comment I made on this thread was on Friday, that was Page 4. Today its already on Page 10! See the amazing response you've got for your lovely writeup. 5 stars all the way.

What a lovely car! FE and all other things be damned, right Manuuj? Enjoy the beast to the fullest. Please do keep us updated.

P.S: Even I heard that you get a Breitling with a Bently. Not the car watch, but an actual watch. Any info on that?
Thanks for the kind words sir! Most appreciated.

The Breitling for Bentley watches are available at a price.

News - Breitling for Bentley

No freebies or complimentary wrist watches with the car unfortunately. The only Breitling I see is the the one in the center of the dashboard.

Hope this answers your Q.

Last edited by Manuuj : 26th September 2011 at 17:56.
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 17:58   #150
BHPian

Once again, many congratulations to you and a special mention to your brother for "making it". It's a great feeling and an achievement.

Best Regards

GG

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks