Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2011, 01:34   #166
BHPian

Re: A Bentley joins the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Was the Muslanne mentioned anywhere in the thread? I just read about the car, it has the same engine as the Brooklands and it seems it's amazing to drive, comparing it to the Ghost and such but I don't think it should be as entertaining as the GT. And ofcourse, the feel young factor is there in the GT. But heck, I just feel the Muslanne is unique.
Oh..and it comes with the Naim stereo which apparently is the best OEM stereo system ever to come in a car (that's news to me!). But with 2200 watts blaring from 20 speakers, I guess they could be right :-)
The Mulsanne was not only mentioned it was also test driven. What a super sweet car. God willing the next car to join the family. The GT that we have also has the NIAM system like the Mulsanne.

The 6 and 3/4 liter twin turbo is a beast of an engine but does not provide that raw acceleration of the GT. It does not rev too high and has a gradual smooth yet relentless pick up.

It is mighty quick though don't get me wrong. The Mulsanne develops 505 bhp while the massive torque 1020 Nm is delivered even earlier at 1750 rev/minute which is basically just above idle.
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 03:41   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
The Mulsanne was not only mentioned it was also test driven. What a super sweet car. God willing the next car to join the family. The GT that we have also has the NIAM system like the Mulsanne.

The 6 and 3/4 liter twin turbo is a beast of an engine but does not provide that raw acceleration of the GT. It does not rev too high and has a gradual smooth yet relentless pick up.

It is mighty quick though don't get me wrong. The Mulsanne develops 505 bhp while the massive torque 1020 Nm is delivered even earlier at 1750 rev/minute which is basically just above idle.
Oh, that's wonderful. The NAIM stereo is an optional accessory right? Is it the same kind found in the Muslanne (20 speaker 2200 watts?). The GT must be terrific!
Old 28th September 2011, 17:52   #168
Senior - BHPian

Okay, now I really hope I ain't bugging you

Lamborghini is too flashy and gives you a midlife crisis appeal. Point taken.

What about an Aston Martin Virage/DB9/S?
  • Brit - Check
  • Understated elegance - Check
  • Seats four - Check
  • Ride - Check (for Virage and DB9)
  • Gorgeous - Checkadoodle Doo!
As Jezza would say, the only reason you didn't buy an Aston Martin is because you forgot
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 00:10   #169
BHPian

@ Manuuj:

Congrats and WOW !!

Sorry but cant express it any better. :-)
Old 29th September 2011, 15:06   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Oh, that's wonderful. The NAIM stereo is an optional accessory right? Is it the same kind found in the Muslanne (20 speaker 2200 watts?). The GT must be terrific!
Yes Rosh it is an optional accessory. The one in the Mulsanne is a 20 speaker system but the one in the GT has 14 speakers.

The sound quality is sublime. Both of the NIAM System and the GT itself. It can get confusing sometimes as to what "Music" to listen to. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Okay, now I really hope I ain't bugging you

Lamborghini is too flashy and gives you a midlife crisis appeal. Point taken.

What about an Aston Martin Virage/DB9/S?
  • Brit - Check
  • Understated elegance - Check
  • Seats four - Check
  • Ride - Check (for Virage and DB9)
  • Gorgeous - Checkadoodle Doo!
As Jezza would say, the only reason you didn't buy an Aston Martin is because you forgot
You may just be right there Scorcher! Hahaha! But i think it had to do more with my brothers temperament. He is very impatient and impulsive. I remember that during the Range Rovers time also it was exceedingly agonizing for him to wait the three months it took after the car had been ordered.

To the impulsive bit i remember that he had gone to get a Touareg in Chandigarh and was upset by some small thing that the sales person had promised and failed to deliver.

He promptly walked out and bought a Q7 from Audi across the road.

With the Bentley it was a case of "its there so get it now".

But to reiterate my last point Sir, "A Bentley is a Bentley is a Bentley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
@ Manuuj:

Congrats and WOW !!

Sorry but cant express it any better. :-)
Concise and Accurate!! Thanks for the wishes narula123!

You all may have noticed that there has been a noticible drop in pics beig posted on the GT. I promise to rectify that situation soon. It will take a week or so, so kindly bear with me.

"Rukavat Ke Liye Khed Hai"

I promise you some very detailed pics.

Last edited by Manuuj : 29th September 2011 at 15:08.
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 15:37   #171
BHPian

Hi Manuuj!!

Pardon me for posting a late reply!!My heartfelt congratulations to you and your family,more importantly your brother who made it happen!!!The GT looks absolutely magnificient.The lines,the posture,the beauty,the elegance!!!!Oh my god!!!I literally wet my pants looking at those pictures!!!!

It was disappointing to know about the niggles of the Brooklands!I was hoping you'd go for it and by the looks of your test drive patterns,i think even you were interested in it!!!But when you're paying multiple crores for a car,it has to be the best with no compromises!!!

Enjoy it mate!!!
Old 29th September 2011, 15:48   #172
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Bentley Continental GT joins the Family

This Supersports is Now in Mumbai!! Sold!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Another monster was then brought out as an option to the Brooklands and the Continental GT..

The Bentley Continental Supersports.
Old 29th September 2011, 17:02   #173
BHPian

Congrats, its a fitting post for a superb car.
Hope your family enjoys driving it as much as we enjoyed reading about it.

Boy is that car cool or what?
Old 29th September 2011, 18:30   #174
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Manuuj and convey my wishes to your brother.

This feature rich white car looks wonderful. White is always best on all segments. Happy and Safe Motoring.
Old 29th September 2011, 19:17   #175
BHPian

I do not usually comment on this forum, but by god this has to be one of the most passionate and well written threads. Kudos on capturing the readers attention and interest and holding it through to the very end. I understand that people do need inspiration to crank out such amazing write-ups, but good god, could you have asked for better inspiration?

As for the matter of your selection, I for one stick to the adage; newer is better and while you may disagree with me, the Brooklands just feels like a brick from the 90s and as exclusive as it is, I would still have gone your route with the GT and pocketed the extra cash.

That being said, the GT looks like the bug (beetle), the 911, the A6, the TT, you get my idea and I respect what Ferd' Porsche has done in 1946 and has created a brand equity with the first beetle and 911 and I think they are about the most seductive shapes in the auto industry. Hell the CLS looks like one - Inspiration is the sincerest form of flattery? You be the judge ---

Anyway, congratulations on your purchase and enjoy it in good health
Old 29th September 2011, 19:55   #176
Senior - BHPian

Manuuj

Heartfelt congratulations, dude. This thread is a pertrolhead's dream material. In fact, I had seen the very first post of this thread while boarding to my flight to Singapore. Thought of replying after getting there and was unfortunately stuck with some urgent work. Just got time to reply here. Your B is simply mindblowing and am sure you are having some great moments with your British brute. Awesome taste! The pics are a treat in itself. Thanks for sharing with us. This thread is heading into become a treasure for B lovers, just like your Fortuner thread, and that Tonga Green Rangie.... sigh!

Also, when can I drop by to have a peek!
Old 29th September 2011, 20:51   #177
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
impulsive bit i remember that he had gone to get a Touareg in Chandigarh and was upset by some small thing that the sales person had promised and failed to deliver.

He promptly walked out and bought a Q7 from Audi across the road.
Off-Topic

I think its more to do with the water we get in Punjab - from Satluj - most of us are very similar , I booked 525D in Jan & had waited for about 10 days to get 2011 model but the Truck got delayed because of Foggy season , I could not wait for 2 more days and picked 2010 - model 530D from showroom despite my company's approval for 525D - I paid balance on my own .
Old 29th September 2011, 22:55   #178

If I could shake with excitement reading your post, I can only imagine what you must be feeling!!! Congrats to you and your bro...
Old 30th September 2011, 11:40   #179
BHPian

Congrats Manuuj, truly a dream come true. Wishing you and your brother many loooong and safe miles on the beauty. I had one question though, sorry if you have already answered it, the thread is running so long that i need to watch out for people in office noticing me spending more time on tbhp than work .

How is the build quality of Bentley compared to RR? I have seen a RR in flesh and it can give a battle tank a run for its money in strength
Old 30th September 2011, 17:07   #180
BHPian

Congratulations Manuuj..!!

My throat just came up with an involuntary croak when I saw the first set of pics.
That is one hell of a palatial Ride you got there..!!

Best of Luck with it!

Most Viewed