Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2011, 15:23   #226
BHPian

Re: A Bentley joins the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Thanks for the wishes Monaro! No road trips planned as such due to work constraints.

Maybe one in October or first week of November to the arrow straight roads of Rajasthan. Its the only place besides the Budh Grand Prix Circuit where the GT's performance can be truly tested.
Well, Did you go? Did you touch 300?

Please go on that trip and post pics. I am sure that trip details along with pics and your narration would be simply awesome.
Old 31st October 2011, 15:48   #227
BHPian

Thanks Manuuj for the pics.
Never seen such detailed pictures of this monster machine. Would love to read long term reviews from your side.
Old 31st October 2011, 15:58   #228
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome pics manuuj bhai and a beautiful house too.

The British cars make me go weak in my knees and the Bentley CGT is no exception. Looks stunning in white and I absolutely love the interiors. Stunning !!
Old 1st November 2011, 11:30   #229

Just read the w16 thread and now this. 'stately' is the word that comes to mind when we see this majestic car.

Who drives it most of the time - your brother/driver? This is one rare case where the Q7 and RR would by dying to get the owner's attention That said, would they be used as often now?

Manuuj, you have prepared us to how to react when we get it into such situation Thanks for complementing this post with ample pictures.

Can you post some pictures of Mulsanne?

Owner asked you not to click Aventador. That shouldn't stop you from describing the beauty at length particularly when the thread is superflous with your eloquence.

Customers would definitely want to configure every pixel when they zero in on a majestic car like this. Is it prudent of the dealer to pre-configure these cars? In your case, fine, as you wanted to get the car as soon as possible.

Thanks to your brother, we got a chance to enjoy the experience through your words and pictures.
Old 1st November 2011, 15:14   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nair View Post
Well, Did you go? Did you touch 300?

Please go on that trip and post pics. I am sure that trip details along with pics and your narration would be simply awesome.
That trip has not materialized yet buddy..I am waiting for that as much as you are trust me!! Just that work pressures are not allowing for the time that we need..it will happen soon hopefully though!

Will keep everyone updated as and when it happens for sure.

Thank you for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
Thanks Manuuj for the pics.
Never seen such detailed pictures of this monster machine. Would love to read long term reviews from your side.
Your'e welcome buddy..i am glad you are enjoying the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Awesome pics manuuj bhai and a beautiful house too.

The British cars make me go weak in my knees and the Bentley CGT is no exception. Looks stunning in white and I absolutely love the interiors. Stunning !!
Thank you for the kind words sir :-) The GT is as stunning inside as it is outside, thats a rare combination for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto View Post
Just read the w16 thread and now this. 'stately' is the word that comes to mind when we see this majestic car.

Who drives it most of the time - your brother/driver? This is one rare case where the Q7 and RR would by dying to get the owner's attention That said, would they be used as often now?

Can you post some pictures of Mulsanne?

Owner asked you not to click Aventador. That shouldn't stop you from describing the beauty at length particularly when the thread is superflous with your eloquence.

Customers would definitely want to configure every pixel when they zero in on a majestic car like this. Is it prudent of the dealer to pre-configure these cars? In your case, fine, as you wanted to get the car as soon as possible.

Thanks to your brother, we got a chance to enjoy the experience through your words and pictures.
Thanks Naruto for your kind words. I am glad you are enjoying the thread.
The Q7 and RR are used normally as before. The GT is used sparingly but will be taking a trip to Delhi soon.

I did not click any of the Mulsanne as the owner was not present there so i shall not be able to post any of it as of now..who knows maybe 2-3 years down the line i can post an ownership review ;-)

The Aventador left me speechless and open mouthed. It is too stunning to describe my friend. Words fail me in this instance.

The normal practice is to configure each detail of the car ones self but the dealer sometimes pre-configures cars keeping in view their long experience in customer preferences.

The dealer configures the car to the top end specifications and if you are happy with the Exterior and Interior color choices its not a problem at all to accept these cars.

These cars are not a problem to sell as they are quite limited number of cars allocated to India in any case and people generally dont like waiting 4-6 months for their cars.
Old 1st November 2011, 16:18   #231
BHPian

Some pics of the Engine Bay:

Hood release Lever
A Bentley joins the family-img_1170.jpg

W12 Twin Turbo
A Bentley joins the family-img_1171.jpg
A Bentley joins the family-img_1172.jpg
A Bentley joins the family-img_1173.jpg

Almost 570 Bhp
A Bentley joins the family-img_1174.jpg

Oil Cap
A Bentley joins the family-img_1175.jpg

Some Information stickers
A Bentley joins the family-img_1176.jpg

Open up!!
A Bentley joins the family-img_1178.jpg

Cylinders for ease of opening and closing
A Bentley joins the family-img_1179.jpg

Last edited by Manuuj : 1st November 2011 at 16:29.
Manuuj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2011, 17:22   #232
Senior - BHPian

Manujj, back on this thread after a while, and lo! What amazing updates. Some lovely drool worthy pics there!

Leave the car aside for a moment, you sure have an amazingly beautiful house there man! The Bentley so suits a house like that!
Old 1st November 2011, 17:23   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some pics of the Engine Bay:
Hood release Lever
The precision focused car make did not manage to shift this to the correct side of the car.
Old 1st November 2011, 18:31   #234
Senior - BHPian

Hey Manuuj,
Great n super snaps.

So you opened the hood - good...engine kithey ei ? Can't see no engine. You want to see a real engine let me open the hood of the T-Fortuner for you ! Pipes, hoses, wires and metal ! Now that's an engine ! Not something tucked away behind a matron's voluminous skirt !

And another observation - from the cash/change holder - no Bentley owner/driver is supposed to be carrying Rs10/50 notes and Re/Rs 1/2 coins !
Min permissible value - Rs. 1000 notes and coins - only gold shekels.
Just by that one snap you have lowered the snob appeal by quite a few notches.

Now the crew from Crewe will be out to.....you !

Great going - loved the detailed snaps. Would be good if you can remove the NVH covers of the engine and showed us the real stuff.

Last edited by Guderian : 1st November 2011 at 18:33.
Old 2nd November 2011, 03:37   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Not something tucked away behind a matron's voluminous skirt !

And another observation - from the cash/change holder - no Bentley owner/driver is supposed to be carrying Rs10/50 notes and Re/Rs 1/2 coins !

What an astute observation! Truly - the eyes don't see what the mind does not know!
My Imagination had NOT even remotely seen the engine in that context!

Again

ROTFL. Period !
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2011, 16:59   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Manujj, back on this thread after a while, and lo! What amazing updates. Some lovely drool worthy pics there!

Leave the car aside for a moment, you sure have an amazingly beautiful house there man! The Bentley so suits a house like that!
Glad you liked them Sir! Thanks for the kind words about the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
The precision focused car make did not manage to shift this to the correct side of the car.
The car is Originally a RHD model but is a German owned one. Hence the Indicator stalks on the left alongwith the hood release lever. I guess it was simpler to leave it where it was as most owners would never really use it.

Quote:
Hey Manuuj,
Great n super snaps.

So you opened the hood - good...engine kithey ei ? Can't see no engine. You want to see a real engine let me open the hood of the T-Fortuner for you ! Pipes, hoses, wires and metal ! Now that's an engine ! Not something tucked away behind a matron's voluminous skirt !

Now the crew from Crewe will be out to.....you !

Great going - loved the detailed snaps. Would be good if you can remove the NVH covers of the engine and showed us the real stuff.
Am not touching that engine cover Guderian Saar..never venture into those territories. I quite like the neat look myself..its a piece of cake to clean also ;-)

The money in the Veneer Case is actually all the cash we are left with now so please dont mock me by calling it loose change! That is good 3 days livings worth according to Montek Singh Ahluwalia even ;-)

Some more detailed pics

Door Ajar Warning
A Bentley joins the family-img_1141.jpg
First Aid Kit
A Bentley joins the family-img_1142.jpg
A Bentley joins the family-img_1143.jpg
Deep Boot
A Bentley joins the family-img_1144.jpg
..but Niam Amp cuts into boot space
A Bentley joins the family-img_1145.jpg
Niam Amp (what a masterpiece)
A Bentley joins the family-img_1146.jpg
Emergency Warning Triangle neatly tucked away behind a leather clad holder
A Bentley joins the family-img_1147.jpg
Rear View Camera with active guide assist
A Bentley joins the family-img_1148.jpg
View from Rear Camera with the active guide assist
A Bentley joins the family-img_1194.jpg
Button for closing Boot
A Bentley joins the family-img_1149.jpg
Soft Carpeted Boot
A Bentley joins the family-img_1163.jpg
Pull on this handle to lift Carpet
A Bentley joins the family-img_1164.jpg
Cover for spare wheel
A Bentley joins the family-img_1165.jpg
Space saver spare wheel
A Bentley joins the family-img_1166.jpg
Tool Box
A Bentley joins the family-img_1167.jpg
Fuse Box and Battery
A Bentley joins the family-img_1168.jpg
Crisp Center Bonnet Crease
A Bentley joins the family-img_1156.jpg
Looks like its snarling..
A Bentley joins the family-img_1159.jpg
Beautiful Grill..a pain to clean!
A Bentley joins the family-img_1160.jpg
No fog lamps to allow for maximum Air Intake
A Bentley joins the family-img_1162.jpg
The Jeweled Eyes
A Bentley joins the family-img_1161.jpg
The discreet Spoiler rises automatically at speed and heavy braking to generate additional downforce
A Bentley joins the family-img_1187.jpg
Ready to go!!
A Bentley joins the family-img_1199.jpg

Last edited by Manuuj : 2nd November 2011 at 17:03.
Manuuj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2011, 17:09   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Manuuj for the even more detailed view. Loved the tool box design.

By the way is there any provision to place the jack as well in the car?
Old 2nd November 2011, 17:55   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Am not touching that engine cover Guderian Saar..never venture into those territories. I quite like the neat look myself..its a piece of cake to clean also ;-)

2. The money in the Veneer Case is actually all the cash we are left with now so please dont mock me by calling it loose change! That is good 3 days livings worth according to Montek Singh Ahluwalia even ;-)

Space saver spare wheel
Hi Manuuj,
1. Pity you aren't lifting the matron's skirt to see what lies beneath ! Actually would be a few simple nuts to unfasten as I see from the snap and off comes the cover...but then - you are the boss !

2. Good one !

3. Was surprised to see the chotta wheel here. Thought that for the brand level it occupies they would have plonked in a full size stepney.

Love that snap of your T-Fortuner snarling at the Bentley. No prizes for guessing which looked grander in my eyes !
And of course, in the same snap, the cycle next to the Bentley. Surely for an emergency, I presume, in case the Bentley...ahem... fails to start ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Harrrumphhh...Oh I say Amit ol' chap - jack in a Bentley ?

Surely you don't expect a Bentley owner or Jeeves, the driver, to change the flat tyre/s all by himself/themselves in their bow ties and dinner jackets, dear fellow !
All they'll do is to call one of the natives and ask him to use his cell phone and call the 24(or more)/7(or more) Road Assist and have him clean a patch of land under a tree to park the Bentley ( a Bentley can't be parked just about anywhere you see !) and await divine deliverance from the terrible mess they find themselves in. And yes, have him to pitch the tent too in the meantime.

Hah - fancy a jack in a Bentley.
Unless of course you are referring to Jack the stage coachman who sits around and jumps out to open the door for the Sahib and the Memsahib and lower the metal footstep/s (special accessory at a special discount really, after you trade in your Swift for it) to the road. If that's so I take back my words with an apology.
Yes, I'd rather strongly recommend a spot for him at the rear if not already there !

Last edited by Guderian : 2nd November 2011 at 18:15.
Old 2nd November 2011, 18:17   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Harrrumphhh...Oh I say Amit ol' chap - jack in a Bentley ?

Surely you don't expect a Bentley owner or Jeeves, the driver, to change the flat tyre/s all by himself/themselves in their bow ties and dinner jackets, dear fellow !
All they'll do is to call one of the natives and ask him to use his cell phone and call the 24(or more)/7(or more) Road Assist and have him clean a patch of land under a tree to park the Bentley ( a Bentley can't be parked just about anywhere you see !) and await divine deliverance from the terrible mess they find themselves in.
General - Looks like you are back in action and fully recovered. That is evident from the humorous twist that you have given to my innocent question.

I was referring only to the humble jack so no apologies needed. Of course i don't expect Manuuj to do the back breaking job. But someone has to do it and was expecting it to be tucked away in a corner hoping that it never has to be used. Actually i am also not sure if Bentley has run flat shoes on it?

Last edited by amitwlele : 2nd November 2011 at 18:25.
Old 3rd November 2011, 16:23   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Manuuj for the even more detailed view. Loved the tool box design.

The Jack is neatly tucked away behind a cover in the boot. Its behind the Red corner area with a black round switch button to unlock it. Look at the top right hand side of the pic..
A Bentley joins the family-img_1165.jpg

Quote:
Hi Manuuj,

3. Was surprised to see the chotta wheel here. Thought that for the brand level it occupies they would have plonked in a full size stepney.

..And of course, in the same snap, the cycle next to the Bentley. Surely for an emergency, I presume, in case the Bentley...ahem... fails to start ?
The space saver wheel has two advantages in a sports car

a) Takes less space (hence the name) in an already cramped boot.

A full sized alloy and tyre would not fit neatly in the shallow boot and would eat into boot space. If they lowered the floor it would harm the underbody aerodynamics and make the car unstable at high speed.

As this car can easily cross 300 kmph making sure the aerodynamics are top notch takes priority over a full sized wheel.

b) A space saver is also lighter than a full size tyre and alloy set and therefore helps to keep the Gross Weight of the vehicle low.

I assure you these are important from an engineering standpoint and in no way a money saving measure from the crew at Crewe.

The cycle is simply for when we cant afford the fuel anymore

Quote:
Actually i am also not sure if Bentley has run flat shoes on it?
The Bentley GT comes with Y rated 275/40/ZR20 Pirelli P Zeros Tubeless tyres. They are not run flats.
A Bentley joins the family-img_1152.jpg

Last edited by Manuuj : 3rd November 2011 at 16:28.
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks