Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2012, 14:12   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novitec458 View Post
This coming from an ex-Diablo owner: The gearbox in the Diablo is 100000000 times worse than in the Aventador. Trust me, the Diablo was one of the most difficult cars I have ever owned! That said, I test drove the Aventador the other day, and It doesnt hold a candle to my 458 in terms of excitement. In terms of sheer power though, it is marginally ahead!
The highly impractical and brutal power but manual tranny makes the Diablo and Countach difficult to tame and that is exactly why one buys such cars to try and control it and show em who's boss (rather than having a video game feeling on the road). And in terms of desirability too I love the predecessors of the Aventador much more for some reason.

The 458 and Aventador comparo by you seems very interesting. How would you compare the 458 to an lp-570-4??
Old 31st January 2012, 14:18   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Thanks for sharing your firsthand experience,

I believe, I am one of the biggest Lambo aficionados and advocates on this forum and yet I have to admit, as much as the Aventador being technologically superior and possibly the closest road-going thing you can own to a B-2 Stealth Bomber, for the sheer pin-up factor, I think it doesn't hold a torch to the Miura, Countach, Diablo or even the Murcielago for that matter.

And, as far as comparing the LP700 to the 458, well it's not justified either way. The LP700 is eons ahead of the 458 in terms of figures, so the comparison is rendered pointless. Neither does the reverse comparison hold ground cos where the 458 is like a precision surgical tool, and the LP700 like a pile driver. IMO Super and Hypercars should never be compared.

As the Gallardo basically is almost as old as the 360, for a fair comparison with the 458, we'd have to wait until the Cabrera LP600-4 comes by
I agree with the Pin Up factor comparison. The Aventador is not there yet. I discussed this with Mr.Balboni once when I met him too and he agreed on how the cars are getting better and better to drive but loosing some of their madness as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
That's quite an eye-opener. Just marginal ?
The Bull's figures are way ahead of the horse's.
691 vs 562 power & 690nm vs 540nm torque. (i heard the aventador's single-clutch tranny is a bit of a let down despite Lambo officials saying it adds 'soul' to the car)
Performance figures on paper too suggest that the aventador should be quite quicker across the powerband.
Real world its a lot closer i guess ?
Trust me, the 458 is actually that good a car. And the tranny isnt as fast as the 458s, but it is possibly the best single clutch out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
The highly impractical and brutal power but manual tranny makes the Diablo and Countach difficult to tame and that is exactly why one buys such cars to try and control it and show em who's boss (rather than having a video game feeling on the road). And in terms of desirability too I love the predecessors of the Aventador much more for some reason.

The 458 and Aventador comparo by you seems very interesting. How would you compare the 458 to an lp-570-4??
Trust me, the Diablo looks brilliant in the garage, but thats about it. It is a brute to drive and the countach is even worse. The miura on the other hand is a lovely driver although it gets scary as it gets faster.

The 458 vs Gallardo is no comparison at all. The 458 is a much much more refined car and is just an absolutely brilliant package overall!
Old 31st January 2012, 15:25   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
The road that this image is clicked on is the road that leads to my friend's farm in Karjat.

Image Credits:
AutoCar India.
Do not be so sure my friend. I was sitting on the co driver seat of the car from which this picture was clicked. Photographer was on the rear seat window.

Also, to put to rest any comparisons between the Aventador and 458, we should see the attached link

It may not define excitement factor in total but surely tells us about how things are in a straight line. It is only a 550, the 570 with 70kgs down will be much better. Gallardo is far from being done with.

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st January 2012 at 16:10. Reason: Merging consecutive posts.
Old 31st January 2012, 16:21   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
It may not define excitement factor in total but surely tells us about how things are in a straight line. It is only a 550, the 570 with 70kgs down will be much better. Gallardo is far from being done with.

How you came up with this statement god alone knows. Did you not see the distanct the Ferrari pulls out in the first run? Also the Gallardo was on the power early on the second run and then the 458 kept up with it. So what does that tell you?

I have driven both and I can assure the 458 is a more complete package to drive. Also, do you drive down runways and race tracks everyday or do you drive on normal streets. The 458 is a better car and thats that!
Old 31st January 2012, 17:44   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novitec458 View Post
How you came up with this statement god alone knows. Did you not see the distanct the Ferrari pulls out in the first run? Also the Gallardo was on the power early on the second run and then the 458 kept up with it. So what does that tell you?

I have driven both and I can assure the 458 is a more complete package to drive. Also, do you drive down runways and race tracks everyday or do you drive on normal streets. The 458 is a better car and thats that!
You might have driven more cars than clarkson, thats not the answer. Please dont feel offended as that was not the intention.

What i clearly mean there was that the LP550-2 is able enough to keep up with a 458 Italia if not be quicker in a straight line. I dont see that as a very difficult thing to understand.

I do not want to start an argument of what car is better?

Chill.
doctorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 20:44   #231
Senior - BHPian

From 'Cars i Spotted' fb page.
Attached Thumbnails
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 in India!-403277_285094881557951_122305547836886_716720_408267430_n.jpg  

Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 in India!-425328_285094278224678_122305547836886_716719_469263872_n.jpg  

Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 14:23   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

The Aventador LP700-4 is Robb Report's 2012 Car of the Year.

Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 in India!-robbreportlamborghini.jpg

Official Press Release -

Quote:
ROBB REPORT EDITORS SELECT LAMBORGHINI AVENTADOR LP 700-4 AS 2012 CAR OF THE YEAR

Exotic Italian Sports Car Handily Outdistances 12 Competitors

MALIBU, CA -- (February 16, 2012) – Lauded as "a triumphant milestone that meets its design purpose and fulfills a concept that others have been unable to realize," the Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 has been selected by Robb Report editors and a panel of guest judges as the luxury lifestyle authority's 2012 Car of the Year.

Now in its 19th year, the award goes to an automobile, formally introduced in the previous year, whose technical designs, styling, and performance position it as the world's preeminent sports or luxury vehicle.

Results from the competition will be revealed in Robb Report's March issue, which hits newsstands February 21. More comprehensive information is accessible at: Digital Editions | Robb Report

Robb Report subscribers will also have access to extensive digital enhancements in its tablet edition. These include slideshows, as well as exclusive video of the 700 hp Lamborghini Aventador and the 197 mph Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster shot during test drives in California's stunning Napa Valley.

In earning Robb Report's "2012 Car of the Year" honor, the Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 outdistanced a field of 12 competitors. Listed in order of finish, these include the Maserati GranTurismo MC, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster, Audi A7, Bentley Continental GTC, Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG, Aston Martin Virage Volante, Nissan GT-R, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, Jaguar XKR-S, BMW 650i Convertible, Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca, and Chevrolet Volt.

Selections resulted from extensive test-driving by a panel of experts that included Robb Report editor in chief Brett Anderson, automotive consultant Robert Ross, and correspondents Paul Dean and Paul Meyers. These journalists were joined by approximately 100 guest judges, including executives and Robb Report readers.

Garnering an impressive two-thirds of all first-place votes cast by the largest judging panel in the award's history, the $387,000 Aventador was praised for its innovative design and uncompromising performance and handling proficiencies.

"Almost all of the nearly 100 drivers-our largest gathering ever-were impressed by the relative ease with which the big brute can be cajoled from a trot to a full-snort stampede," Mr. Ross said. "Doubtless, the seamless 7-speed automated manual gearbox shortened everyone's learning curve and made memories of the Murciélago's recalcitrant stick shift disappear as quickly as anything in the Aventador's rearview mirror."

That resounding and nearly unanimous impression was similarly recalled by Mr. Dean: "Adjudicators fell hard for its sophistication, which includes a cabin so comfortable it borders on relaxing and performance-related technologies that set new standards of civility and refinement for reaching speeds as fast as 217 mph."

"We are honored to have the Aventador LP 700-4 named as Robb Report's Car of the Year," said Stephan Winkelmann, president and CEO of Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. "When Lamborghini began development of the Aventador, our goal was simple – no competitors. This award demonstrates that the Aventador's technology, performance and design set it apart from all other luxury super sports cars on the market."

In addition to video enhancements and slideshows from the "Car of the Year" competition, Robb Report's March digital edition will offer exclusive content to tablet users, including an interactive cabin configurator that provides a virtual look inside Embraer's private-jet line, as well as "sneak peek" slideshows from three world-class properties: Umbria's Borgo dei Conti Resort; Hôtel Le K2, Courchevel; and the Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore.

Robb Report is accessible to digital users via numerous devices, including the iPad, Kindle Fire, Nook Color, and Samsung Galaxy Tab. It is also available through Zinio's online newsstand.

About Robb Report

Now in its 36th year, Robb Report is the international authority on the luxury lifestyle. The brand, in its digital and print forms, reports on exceptional products and services for the affluent connoisseur. Coverage includes automobiles, motorcycles, aircraft, art, dining, jewelry, watches, fashion, travel, homes, wines, spirits, and cigars. For more information, visit the Robb Report website at Robb Report - The Global Luxury Source.
Details - Car of the Year 2012: Winner Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 | Robb Report
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:47   #233
Senior - BHPian

Here's one more pic of the Bull....
Source- Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 | Facebook
Attached Thumbnails
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 in India!-1.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2012, 20:45   #234
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
You might have driven more cars than clarkson, thats not the answer. Please dont feel offended as that was not the intention.

What i clearly mean there was that the LP550-2 is able enough to keep up with a 458 Italia if not be quicker in a straight line. I dont see that as a very difficult thing to understand.

I do not want to start an argument of what car is better?

Chill.
The driver probably has a lot to do with it. Because a Ferrari 458 can leave most Lamborghinis in the dust.

The only car that can beat the 458 right now would be the McLaren MP4-12C.

The Aventador is a great car. But I'd love to see it up against Ferrari's new 599 replacement.
Old 22nd February 2012, 21:16   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
A Ferrari 458 can leave most Lamborghinis in the dust.
What is the basis of your statement ?
The ferrari 458 is only faster than the Lambos which have lesser power in comparison. The 550-2 balboni has lesser power albeit marginally ,still you saw what happens in the video above. Even if credit is given to the driver , i find your 'in the dust' phrase a bit too strong.
Do you think the lp-570 superleggera would be left in the dust as well ? Think again.
Make no mistake, am a fan of the 458 but its surely not going to leave an equivalent Lambo behind. Infact i would tend to believe the superleggera would nose ahead.
Ofcourse i would not compare it to an aventador. Different segment.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 22nd February 2012 at 21:20.
Old 22nd February 2012, 21:57   #236
Team-BHP Support

^^ At the moment, the Italia would certainly trump the LP560-4 in a straight-line right? Acceleration and top-end? The 458 out-accelerates pretty-much every car today. The dual-clutch 'box has a lot to do with it.

It's a very close battle between the Nissan GTR, the 458 and the McLaren MP4-12C. These are the fastest and most technologically advanced sports-cars today and even out-accelerate larger and faster cars.

The LP 570-4 is a fast car. And it would be a close battle between the 458 and the Lambo. But on a track, I'd believe that the 458 in the right hands would definitely beat it.

The Superleggera is a cosmetically enhanced Gallardo with marginally more output and marginally lesser weight. But the 458's 'box is the Ferrari's trump-card here.
Old 22nd February 2012, 22:14   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ At the moment, the Italia would certainly trump the LP560-4 in a straight-line right? Acceleration and top-end? The 458 out-accelerates pretty-much every car today. The dual-clutch 'box has a lot to do with it.

It's a very close battle between the Nissan GTR, the 458 and the McLaren MP4-12C. These are the fastest and most technologically advanced sports-cars today and even out-accelerate larger and faster cars.

The LP 570-4 is a fast car. And it would be a close battle between the 458 and the Lambo. But on a track, I'd believe that the 458 in the right hands would definitely beat it.

The Superleggera is a cosmetically enhanced Gallardo with marginally more output and marginally lesser weight. But the 458's 'box is the Ferrari's trump-card here.

On paper , it SHOULD trump the LP-560. After seeing it against the Balboni, i would not be too sure.
Similarly , the Superleggera and the 458 in the hands of 2 equally skilled drivers and the outcome wont be as 1 sided as you make of it. It would be a very very closely fought battle and IMO the superleggera would come out on top and where the lp-560 is concerned , the 458 might hold the advantage because of the superior dual-clutch.
To say anything for sure is not possible unless these cars actually keep dragging against each other as the deficit between these cars is not more than anywhere between 2/10th to 4/10ths of a second. I specified earlier and i repeat, my response was purely to your 'in the dust' comment. In the dust often implies , convincingly defeat and as you saw the 458 has not even convincingly beaten the balboni which is down on power and even on the quality of the tranny.
Lastly, talking about acceleration you are referring to only the cars in the 458's class right ? If you are, cool. ( The GTR has 1 of the most advanced launch control systems in the world at present. SUPERIOR to the Mclaren's..though the mclaren would eventually trump the GTR in outright acceleration)
In case you are not,
458 - 3.5/6 sec to 62mph
Aventador (with an inferior tranny but more power) - 2.9 secs to 62
I rest my case.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 22nd February 2012 at 22:15.
Old 22nd February 2012, 22:22   #238
Team-BHP Support

I believe you're dissecting my post and reading too much into it. Perhaps you're not familiar with my style of writing?

That's alright. And at the end of the day, we aren't really going to get anywhere by comparing second-times that differ by tenths of seconds. It's all about the experience, and which one delivers the best here.

Of course, nothing would feel more crazy than the Aventador. The 458 is a precision tool. A surgeon's scalpel. The Gallardo.. not so much. The McLaren, perfect to the point of being boring. Ditto the GTR.

And I did say 'most' Lamborghinis, right?
Old 22nd February 2012, 22:29   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe you're dissecting my post and reading too much into it. Perhaps you're not familiar with my style of writing?

That's alright. And at the end of the day, we aren't really going to get anywhere by comparing second-times that differ by tenths of seconds. It's all about the experience, and which one delivers the best here.

Of course, nothing would feel more crazy than the Aventador. The 458 is a precision tool. A surgeon's scalpel. The Gallardo.. not so much. The McLaren, perfect to the point of being boring. Ditto the GTR.

And I did say 'most' Lamborghinis, right?
Familiar with your style of writing ? No pal !..far from it.
Not dissecting or anything, in totality i just meant i would not write off a gallardo that is all.
Precision tool , ofcourse the 458 can be expected to be better, its come out much much later. I would not expect the small Lambo to be that precise.
Have just been referring to downright pace in my posts. As an over all package perhaps the 458 might even be a tad better. Haven't driven so cant comment.
The Mclaren in my books makes it to the top of the 'biggest yawn' list. Sure its fast but who cares ? I would still buy the Italians.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 22nd February 2012 at 22:31.
Old 22nd February 2012, 23:09   #240
Team-BHP Support

You're absolutely right.

While the McLaren and the GTR are boringly perfect, the Lamborghinis are flawed. The 458, IMO is a mix of both. It is near perfect and has the technology to match the McLaren and the Datsun, and it has the passion, aura and a sense of occasion that you'd be familiar with in a Gallardo. Of course, until the Gallardo replacement comes in. I'd expect that to cook and fry everything else. Even if it doesn't match the competition, number to number.

What I would get? I walk right past these and buy a 911 Carrera

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd February 2012 at 23:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks