Team-BHP - Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/108860-top-gear-christmas-special-shooting-india-teaser-video-pg-16-a-11.html)

Here is my take

The Mumbai challenge - They are trying to race the dabbah wallahs collecting dabbahs from the homes in Mumbai suburbs to deliver them to the offices in time. They could possibly be racing each other and/or with the original dabbahwalas. The dabbahs dropped by Hammond on the road are part of the drama that the top gear shows so typically have.

The Jaipur challenge - It looks like they are doing some sort of a hill climb and competing with a Nano, Jeep, gypsy and a elephant besides each other. I suspect the challenge may be to get men and material to the top of the hill, maybe to a fort or a fortification or similar and emulate the old times of how the maharajas did it. The controversial element is probably around the Rajputs battle against the British taking cue form the very British cars used and that Hammond's mini has a union jack on it. Jeremy is certain to make some controversial remarks about India and the Raj to market the show.

need to see in December how it turns out.

Okay, so I've just spoken to Tom Ford (ex Fifth Gear presenter, and editor or UK Top Gear magazine) and he says they are in Delhi filming TODAY.

He couldn't say where/when though as he just didn't know! He's going to text JC and see if he can find out.

I'd been away for 7 days and there is a 11 page thread with pictures and videos and the works? Phew, that's fast!

I hope they drive to all the major cities in India. If that does happen, expect them to drive in Calcutta, Chennai, and hopefully, finish their challenge in Bangalore. :D

I'd do anything to have a little conversation with the trio. But i was just thinking to myself, what on Earth would I say? i'd be so tongue tied that I'd probably make a fool out of myself! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by needmorebhp (Post 2534789)
Not sure if someone else also provided this info (couldn't go through all 10 pages) but here is the Top Gear Page from wiki:

List of Top Gear episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are in India for Christmas Special. Now wait for christmas!!

Now check the last portion. Tbhp added. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y@SH (Post 2534473)
Richards facebook fanpage's update says:
'Everyone who's been here says it, and now I am; India is incredible. Wonderful, challenging, beautiful and difficult. My first time here and definitely not my last. Am dazzled. RH"

Sorry about going OT, but can you please post his FB fanbook page link here ? I am not able to find it. stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefmeister (Post 2535330)
Okay, so I've just spoken to Tom Ford (ex Fifth Gear presenter, and editor or UK Top Gear magazine) and he says they are in Delhi filming TODAY.

He couldn't say where/when though as he just didn't know! He's going to text JC and see if he can find out.

Just ask him, how long does the team wish to stay in the capital? please:

Meantime, I am leaving for famous places in and around Delhi (mainly, historical monuments;India Gate et al). I will keep you guys posted if I am able to spot them. Teambhp mobile app will come handy this time.

Also, keep us posted if anyone finds the trio.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajo (Post 2535363)
Sorry about going OT, but can you please post his FB fanbook page link here ? I am not able to find it. stupid:

here it is
Richard Hammond | Facebook :)

Slightly OT: Captain slow seems to be ignored in the thread title stupid:

They could be anywhere between Old Delhi and Connaught place as that is where the traffic is worst and challenging. Lutyens Delhi and around India gate is another option. I think the cops would know as they would have been asked to help with security. Anybody having contacts in Delhi Police who can find out?

How I wish the special is being shot in Chennai !!
I am a crazy fan of TG and have watched almost all videos of TG - courtesy channels like Dave and BBC who repeat the old episodes over time in the UK. Wifey used to go crazy to see me seeing the same episodes again and again. I've got most of the books authored by Clarkson, share the same Day of Birth and am a great fan of the trio.
"Oliver" in Africa, the drive in Vietnam, a beautiful road in Romania and the greatest being the drive to North Pole with JC & Captain Slow in the Toyota with Hammond giving chase with the pack of dogs. One more is the drive around the Nurburgring on the Jaguar Diesel.
I am missing Dave (Dave - The Home of Witty Comedy Banter : Dave ) and Top Gear !!!!

They are may be Delhi. On FB someone comments on Hammonds status
"met hamster at his hotel in delhi.....a very humble person .....best day evaarrr!!!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by LP640
They are may be Delhi. On FB someone comments on Hammonds status
"met hamster at his hotel in delhi.....a very humble person .....best day evaarrr!!!"

Which hotel , would you know?

Cannonball Club's current wall post.

"CANNONBALL CLUB Invited by Automobile Journalism giants - Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May for dinner tonight."

Photo from the reception party for Top Gear at Delhi. The camera crew seem to be filming, so I guess this will be a part of the special and not just a welcoming!

Courtesy Siddharth V Patankar

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-apnuk.jpg
EDIT:Also attaching another photo I found from Delhi! Source

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-neq.jpg

Can't wait to find out the whereabouts of the trio in Delhi... have never been so eagerly waiting for updates on any thread :)