Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2011, 21:26   #181
BHPian

re: PICS : Top Gear shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
I shall be honest and I won't lie, a tear dropped down the eye just when he left. What a TALL guy, he really is, worth being worshiped!

Same would have been with me... and im sure about it!

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th October 2011 at 15:12.
LP640 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 23:52   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parishrut View Post
This was Mr. Clarkson's idea, as told to us by one of their cameramen.
The toilet paper comes standard.

Attachment 823281
I was showing these pics rather enthusiastically to a dear friend of mine (who didnt quite understand because she isnt into cars) , but she came up with an interesting comment about this photo.
"Is this their idea of an alternatively fueled car?" (Mini Biogas plant)
Old 9th October 2011, 00:09   #183
Team-BHP Support

Ah damn dude these are just too many spoilers. As much as I'd want to, This is the last time I'm visiting this thread. I want to be surprised and rolling on the floor when I watch the episode. I don't want to be saying, "Oh yeah I've seen this already!" as I watch it in December. But it's going to be hard for me to keep away from the inside action. Grr.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th October 2011 at 00:11.
Old 9th October 2011, 02:15   #184
BHPian

I think Parishrut shared some of the best clicks we were able to shoot. Anyway, here's some from my camera.

There's nothing more to say or express now really. I am the one with Clarkson.

After they left the hotel, I chased the convoy for about 40 minutes. They stopped at gardens adjacent to Janpath for shooting (pics below). I believe this is where the envelope with 'Ambitious but Rubbish' challenge arrived. There were a few many laughable sequences one could see; would not like to share though. No spoilers!

After this, they left for Noida to some mechanical workshop for Vintage cars as told by one of the crew members. I followed the convoy closely till Noida/DND. At one time, I was nearly run over by one of the crew cars (grey Endeavour). Windows rolled down and the driver lambasted at me! My bad really, badly calculated lane-change maneuver.

Thought not to be over-zealous on the road and decided not to bug them in any way. Overtook all of them ( Hammond, May and Clarkson... Yay!!!) and headed straight to home.

Here are the pics,
Attached Thumbnails
Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-323745_2466029820210_1536232450_32652371_170956299_o.jpg  

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-dsc05346.jpg  

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-dsc05348.jpg  

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-dsc05368.jpg  

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-dsc05372.jpg  

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-dsc05395.jpg  

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-dsc05373.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th October 2011 at 15:15. Reason: Merging posts ;)
Old 9th October 2011, 12:18   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I was showing these pics rather enthusiastically to a dear friend of mine (who didnt quite understand because she isnt into cars) , but she came up with an interesting comment about this photo.
"Is this their idea of an alternatively fueled car?" (Mini Biogas plant)
LOL! May be, in that case, all the 3 had to follow the same diet so that the fuel consistency remains constant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post

After they left the hotel, I chased the convoy for about 40 minutes. They stopped at gardens adjacent to Janpath for shooting (pics below). I believe this is where the envelope with 'Ambitious but Rubbish' challenge arrived. There were a few many laughable sequences one could see; would not like to share though. No spoilers!

Here are the pics,
Oh!! I lost them!!! Checked India Gate, but couldn't find them :( .

And remember Clarkson sir's expressions and when we were trying to talk to him in the lobby?? Epic! And James May sir seemed slow ( read, lazy ) even when out of his car :P .
Old 9th October 2011, 13:59   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parishrut View Post
Btw, we asked an indian lady there, who seemed to be coordinating the tour. She said, that they shall leave tomoro morning for Shimla, Manali and Rohtang. That shall be all for this trip.
So yes, maybe those of us in Chandigarh and Panchkula might get lucky!!! Best of luck!

The Raid is starting.... i hope they are taking part in it
Old 9th October 2011, 16:05   #187
Senior - BHPian

Yup they went to Noida to Raj Sir's Performance Auto. Seems they are doing some challenge there. some images in his FB album.
Old 9th October 2011, 18:51   #188
BHPian

Guys,
Just saw the Top Gear team heading up to Shimla today.
Actually caught up with them at Dharampur at about 4:30PM. Could not click any photos as my Galaxy S2 was low on battery power.
Might head to Shimla tomorrow to see them in action.
Old 9th October 2011, 22:01   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsinghal View Post
Guys,
Just saw the Top Gear team heading up to Shimla today.
Actually caught up with them at Dharampur at about 4:30PM. Could not click any photos as my Galaxy S2 was low on battery power.
Might head to Shimla tomorrow to see them in action.
So Raid de Himalaya is definitely in their cards. This will be the most exciting special of all with so many variations. Hope our guys up north keeps us updated along with images.
SirAlec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 22:37   #190
Senior - BHPian

Update! images at Performance Zone Noida.

With permission from Raj Sir.

Enjoy.

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-jeremy-performance-zone.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-jeremy-performance-zone1.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-hammond-performace-zone.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-hammond-performace-zone1.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-what-.jpg
SirAlec is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 23:23   #191
BHPian

Re: Update! images at Performance Zone Noida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Thanks for sharing.

If we join the links altogether from day 1 of shooting, I am sure we would end-up knowing everything about this Christmas special.

Still, I have firm belief that this is going to be as intriguing as any of the TG episodes in the past. These guys can pull a boner anytime.

For e.g, last year's special. Who could have ever guessed a baby stig instead of Jesus in Bethlehem?
Old 10th October 2011, 23:33   #192
BHPian

While the boys are busy shooting in Himanchal I stumbled upon Jeremy's upcoming DVD. Here's it, called-Powered-up.

It features Indian F1 driver Karun Chandhok as well. Delighted to see India and Indians suddenly coming to 'Top Gear' and specials.

Last edited by Shivank : 10th October 2011 at 23:46.
Shivank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 14:16   #193
Senior - BHPian

So the guys are participating in the raid ? Thats cool! So much for their perception of being soft and pampered old chaps!
Old 11th October 2011, 15:59   #194
BHPian

Wow this is Just awesome! Amazing, I wish I was in any of these places, meeting them is like a dream come true. All the lucky fellows out there, you guys are blessed!! Enjoy and keep them coming, even watching them gives you a pride that they have visited us. All the best.
Old 11th October 2011, 16:05   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

they were shooting 30 yards from my house!!
and i was "vacationing".
damn damn damn!!
(i hope my wife doesnt read this.Was on vacation with her....)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks