Distinguished - BHPian

Re: PICS : Top Gear shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16

Here's the link to download the show.
FinalGear.com :: Shows :: Top Gear :: Season 17 :: Episode 7
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 16:09   #257
BHPian

Finally saw the entire Christmas special on youtube. Though not as interesting as their previous ones (Bolivia, Vietnam, Polar Special etc) this one was quite ok. Loved the production quality. Just Amazing!

Here are the search results on youtube

Last edited by Sabareesh : 29th December 2011 at 16:09. Reason: correction of spacing
Sabareesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 18:05   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
Is this a part of S17? Do you remember the episode number? Thank you
Sorry I should have said the Season 17 Christmas special!
Brabus E V12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 19:02   #259
Senior - BHPian

Enjoyed it thoroughly. Only TopGear can come up with such a show, its humerus, hilarious and hopeless all at the same time. These guys surely have the guts to paste huge banners on trains, disrupt dabbawalas service here in Mumbai and make a mockery of everything around them.
Anchoring by Jeremy Rogan Josh, Richard Chicken Korma and James Murg Masala was fantastic and thoughtful.

Did any of the bhpians go to TopGear party in Delhi?
Thanks for the YouTube link Sabareesh.

Here is a small catch, see if you all can understand it. The train actually went with that banner all the way to Delhi.
Moderators if found inappropriate please remove it. Thanks.
Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-topgear.jpg
Old 29th December 2011, 19:37   #260
Team-BHP Support

It was good. Not great. I expected so much more honestly. But it was great to see India in a different light. Like how it is actually. There is poverty and there is no denying that. But the roads didn't seem to be bad in the Metros and somehow, it didn't seem quite as chaotic as Vietnam.

The party that they hosted was hilarious, but a little predictable. Maybe I'm watching too much Top gear these days.

I think I caught one of our member's M3 at that party. Can't seem to place his handle at the moment! It was around 1 hour into the show. EDIT: It's AccordMaster's M3 *winks*

Who else spotted that blue Jaguar XF-R discreetly parked behind Jeremy @ about 10:00 into the program?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 29th December 2011 at 19:50.
Old 29th December 2011, 19:44   #261
Senior - BHPian

Somehow this Top Gear Special felt a little strained. Wasn't quite what I was expecting. Till date, I think the Vietnam special was the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Who else spotted that blue Jaguar XF-R discreetly parked behind Jeremy @ about 10:00 into the program?
ME!!
Old 29th December 2011, 20:00   #262
BHPian

I didn't enjoy top gear as much I thought I would maybe because I knew what was going to happened through this thread.
Love the party scene, most of the cars there I think were cannonball run members

Quote:
Yup also spotted da XF-R

Last edited by zibby : 29th December 2011 at 20:02.
Old 29th December 2011, 20:42   #263
BHPian

The best moment for me was the Ashes Straight-6 Cricket series and the winch disaster on the Mini.

Did anyone notice how Jeremy was cutting through lanes during the whole road-trip? I think he was a bit rash on the roads himself too. Also, he was the only one who crashed/bumped onto a few many things. Anyway, not a complain but just an observation.
Old 29th December 2011, 21:04   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Not as great as thought or other Top gear episodes,but nevertheless good. Maybe it's just me, but i kinda have a feeling that every time some british or american show shoots in our country everything that catches their lenses are poverty and all,while in China or some other comparable places all they shoot is upmarket places and spic and span.
But have to give it that this is the only episode that shows the TG crew outside their usual 'comfort' place.Feels like a whole different world,unlike other countries.
Quote:

ME too!!!!
P.s- could have more about the auto scene in India but that's not what they would have cared anyway.
BTW, my predictions for Nano, Amby, autorickshaw had come true.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 23:29   #265
Team-BHP Support

Haha so I'm not the only keen observer around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
Did anyone notice how Jeremy was cutting through lanes during the whole road-trip? I think he was a bit rash on the roads himself too. Also, he was the only one who crashed/bumped onto a few many things. Anyway, not a complain but just an observation.
I couldn't believe it myself.

He drove just like an Indian. I haven't seen him drive like that anywhere else. he even let the tail hang out for a second around one left-hander somewhere in Mumbai. Almost like he knew his way around town!
Old 30th December 2011, 11:07   #266
Senior - BHPian

My Rating: 7.5/10

My Review: Good

I didn't quite rush in like most of you all, not cos I didn't wish to, all thanks to my net-con acting funny lately.

Watched it this morning, I loved it as a film, but as a TopGear special, it lacked on certain core TG stuff, like some proper challenges, James's "Oh Cock!" and an Indian Stig was sorely missed! The dubba-walling wasn't even properly concluded.

Good one, but not as good as Bolivia or Vietnam I felt. But I liked it more than Middle-East and Polar

Some highlights!

Exotics Spotted

Bentley CGT SuperSport (I think SB showed up in it)
Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-supersport.jpg

VJ's Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-vj-lp.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-vj-lp.jpg

Ferrari 458 Italia
Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-458.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-458-3.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-458-2.jpg

Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-spyder.jpg

Ferrari 599 GTB
Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-spyder-599.jpg

Accordmaster's M3 (Nice growl mate! )
Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-am-m32.jpg

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-am-m31.jpg

Bentley Flying Spur
Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-fs.jpg

M3, LP560, F430 Spyder
Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-m3-lp-f430.jpg

Jag XF-R
Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-xfr.jpg

My ROFL moment of the show!
Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-funniest.jpg

TG Signature End Scores!
Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-end-title.jpg

I found Dippy!
Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-dippy.jpg

Last edited by Scorcher : 30th December 2011 at 11:14.
Scorcher is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 12:59   #267
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,

After watching the show I was very excited and started calling all my friends and posting on facebook about it, but no-one seemed to have any idea. I am hoping fellow bhpians will be able to help out with this, if you remember they said they left their cars in India near the border somewhere on a shrine. Me and some buddies want to take a roadtrip and check them out, get pictures taken et-all. I am sure quite a few of us here would want to do that as-well.

Any way to find out where those car/s (shrine) are/is located?
Old 30th December 2011, 13:17   #268
BHPian

Folks.. is the TG being aired on Wednesdays at 10:00 PM new season? Any idea when India spl is on?? Thanks.
Old 30th December 2011, 13:24   #269
BANNED

Just downloaded the show.

Watched the full thing but I didn't find it that exciting as other specials. but it was good to she the Banner tearing away at the right places

Dubba-waala's U GUYS ROCK! 99.9996% accuracy! It wasn't nice to see the way they handled the dubba's as such!

The exotics at the party were all drool worthy and I hope the people who came to the party knew who those 3 hosts were.

I would rate it at 7/10.

Loved the part when the front fender came off while trying to winch the Rolls Royce!
Old 30th December 2011, 13:59   #270
BHPian

To be honest , it was GOOD . But could have been so much better specially considering that it stretched to nearly 90 minutes !!

I was up all night , trying to figure out ways to watch it live on the bbc iplayer .After finally resolving one issue , my net connection decided i needed to sleep and conked off .

Slept for barely 2 hours , woke up at 5 in the morning , put it on download and was watching it by 6.30 .

I guess i was expecting too much , and one would its TG after all and moreover it was TG in INDIA !!
They could have done wonders but it seemed like a half hearted attempt , a bit too scripted .Seemed like they were on too tight a schedule. Where were the challenges , the Indian Stig , the break downs and all the messing about ??

All in all a nice show , it was good to see my own country and it was even better to see the TG trio in it .

Last edited by Enigmatic : 30th December 2011 at 14:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks