Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2011, 14:02   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: PICS : Top Gear shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16

@scorcher.
Ofcourse, absence of some proper TG stuff was sorely missed. I rather looked forward to seeing the Indian stig, and can't believe they confined the Indian auto enthusiast to the Gypsy and Rajdoot!!!!!
Given that we don't have much like most other countries,still....
Old 30th December 2011, 14:53   #272
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Apparently the India Special will be aired on 1st February,2012 here in India. And Series 18 thereafter. Stay tuned to the BBC Entertainment India facebook page for more updates.
Old 30th December 2011, 15:48   #273
BHPian

Did anybody else catch the easter eggs at the end ?? i won't spoil it but, watch the credits

I did pay for this season on iTunes but for whatever reason they refuse to make it available even after 32hrs. I hear its all over the internet though, via certain video sharing communities that i did not use.
Old 30th December 2011, 19:05   #274
BHPian

Indians are offended again for their own doings!

Jeremy Clarkson in row over Top Gear India special | Media | guardian.co.uk

"Jeremy Clarkson accused of offensive behaviour after making jokes about India's people and culture in Top Gear Christmas special"
Old 30th December 2011, 19:30   #275
Senior - BHPian

I saw it last evening and liked it!

What I really liked was Jeremy driving the Jag exactly the way we drive, crossing lanes et al. Looked like he was feeling just at home!

Liked the ending credits too
Old 30th December 2011, 22:13   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I couldn't believe it myself.

He drove just like an Indian. I haven't seen him drive like that anywhere else. he even let the tail hang out for a second around one left-hander somewhere in Mumbai. Almost like he knew his way around town!
He drove like most Indians never do actually. I wouldn't ride a bike like that, let alone a car and that too a JAAAAAGGGGG! :P

Either his self-preservation instincts or the driving experience made him drive like nuts on roads. I believe it to be former though. Remember the sequence where his wing-mirror was taken down by the truck. He was too close and braked suddenly. Never looked like the truckee's fault to me, never. He was maintaining a gap far too wide from the other car. In India, you never drive like that Clarkson! ;-)

But then again, I am not complaining...
Old 30th December 2011, 22:21   #277
BHPian

Sorry guys, one more news source. No complaining against clarkson, just sharing.

Jeremy Clarkson accused of racism AGAIN after Top Gear Christmas Special goes to India | Mail Online

Jeremy Clarkson accused of racism AGAIN after toilet jibes during Top Gear Christmas special in India
Old 30th December 2011, 22:56   #278
BHPian

I liked only the last few minutes of the show. The rest was a horror story for the poor cars, such torture no other vehicle must endure ever!

The idea of improving relations with India that started at the beginning was funny but shouldn't have been the 'theme' for the whole episode, it started getting ridiculous. And the poor dabba walas, hope the recipients were compensated...
Old 30th December 2011, 22:58   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Sorry guys, one more news source. No complaining against clarkson, just sharing.

Jeremy Clarkson accused of racism AGAIN after Top Gear Christmas Special goes to India | Mail Online

Jeremy Clarkson accused of racism AGAIN after toilet jibes during Top Gear Christmas special in India
Dude, don't just share this. Very boring to hear/read all this.

And be wary of the Daily Mail. It's the most rubbish thing you can find on the internet. Always bad-mouth and exaggerate things that Clarkson says.

If you have watched the show yourself, did you at any point feel offensive of their remarks on anything? I am no less Indian than those Indians who are complaining. I never felt a single bit to be offensive. People who are complaining need check the meaning of humor and life in their dictionary...
Old 30th December 2011, 23:13   #280
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
He drove like most Indians never do actually. I wouldn't ride a bike like that, let alone a car and that too a JAAAAAGGGGG! :P

Either his self-preservation instincts or the driving experience made him drive like nuts on roads. I believe it to be former though. Remember the sequence where his wing-mirror was taken down by the truck. He was too close and braked suddenly. Never looked like the truckee's fault to me, never. He was maintaining a gap far too wide from the other car. In India, you never drive like that Clarkson! ;-)

But then again, I am not complaining...
Haha true, in a way.

But most Indians would drive like that when they're in a hurry. Switching lanes and cutting people off. He even had two small accidents, one with that truck, and the other with that Wagon-R (was it?) and even in that digger he (probably intentionally) went into James' Rolls. It was hilarious!
Old 30th December 2011, 23:39   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Haha true, in a way.

But most Indians would drive like that when they're in a hurry. Switching lanes and cutting people off. He even had two small accidents, one with that truck, and the other with that Wagon-R (was it?) and even in that digger he (probably intentionally) went into James' Rolls. It was hilarious!
Yes, most Indians do that very often and they end-up here. How about taking Clarkson to the same place?

And he did rub metal with Wagon R a little bit from the sides. Couldn't make which of the tall-boys was at fault though, seemed more like Wagon-R's fault. But that is too petty a issue to discuss, I think.

Running the little JCB into the Roller was so staged, nonetheless was a good laugh. But the lawn mower takes the cake for the arrangements made for the party. Richard Hammond doing the valet parking services by keeping the keys of the exotics in a small 'balti' was utterly hilarious too. If he did that in actual, it might have put off many...
Old 30th December 2011, 23:44   #282
Team-BHP Support

^^ Agreed!

Is it just me, or does it get better after a second watch? I watched the entire thing for the second time, and still laughed. Doesn't feel like Vintage TG, (they lacked chemistry, clearly) but was definitely a good show
Old 31st December 2011, 00:26   #283
BHPian

Quote:

Is it just me, or does it get better after a second watch? I watched the entire thing for the second time, and still laughed. Doesn't feel like Vintage TG, (they lacked chemistry, clearly) but was definitely a good show
Definitely it's not you alone again.

I just finished watching it for the fourth time and laughed even more. It's not bad at all. Only when you compare it to previous ones...

Every time I watch that Ashes bit, I envy the newly formed Indian Cricket team so much! How I wish I were there playing. That would have been HUGE fun.
Shivank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2011, 09:29   #284
Senior - BHPian

Here we go guys !

TV star 'offensive to Indians' in X'mas special
Old 31st December 2011, 09:54   #285
BHPian

There is a difference between being racist and being prejudiced. The end aim of the former is to promote hate and ill-will while the later largely serves in strengthening cultural stereotypes. While I am not defending Clarkson's behavior, it is a tad too harsh to accuse him of racism.

Most Viewed