Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2011, 22:31   #16
BHPian

Re: Top Gear shooting in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
I know! I could not believe it myself
I pointed out my Dad's old Beetle which was parked nearby, And my brother mentioned the Top Gear episode where they destroyed one (Dropped it from a helicopter in the desert). James was like "Did we?", And Hammond said "Oh, That was me, I did that". James then said "Sorry about that".
I wish i had asked them more questions, But we did not want to bug them too much.
Amazing brother! You have been lucky enough to meet those guys. Ah yes, I envy you guys too.

Please DO post here the day they leave for Delhi, if anyone gets to know anytime soon. I promise I will run to every nook and corner of Delhi/NCR to meet those guys. Or just have a glimpse of these three. Pleaaaaaseeeee!

PS: As per BS Motoring they are leaving for Delhi next week. Now anyone could please confirm the dates.
Old 2nd October 2011, 22:35   #17
BANNED

Coincidence?

Have these cars been in India or were they imported for the occasion?
Attached Thumbnails
Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-rrphantom.jpg  

D33-PAC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 22:40   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Coincidence?

Have these cars been in India or were they imported for the occasion?
The vintage ones are flown in from the UK and are running here on Carnet. As for the Rolls to the right, the scene was being shot on Peddar Road, a place where and exotic passes every few mins. Its nothing new for us Mumbaikars
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Any news where they are at this moment?
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:11   #20
BHPian

I don't think they're shooting at this time. But incase you are free, go hunting in the western suburbs. You may find them
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Actually, I'd be glad if they manage to get at least some of the good vehicles, that includes both exotic vintages as well as supercars and super-barges like the Phantom and Mulsanne etc in the frame/film. The westerners have a notion that India still means just what it was 50 years ago. I am not making this up, when I saw an article on the Ferrari launch in Delhi on an International website, the comments were majorly like, "Hope someone don't crash into a cow" etc.

Big time we announced on a global level that we have moved on from were they left us
Scorcher is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

@Randomusername: Great pic guys. Lucky to have come face to face with the trio of Top Gear.
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Actually, I'd be glad if they manage to get at least some of the good vehicles, that includes both exotic vintages as well as supercars and super-barges like the Phantom and Mulsanne etc in the frame/film. The westerners have a notion that India still means just what it was 50 years ago. I am not making this up, when I saw an article on the Ferrari launch in Delhi on an International website, the comments were majorly like, "Hope someone don't crash into a cow" etc.

Big time we announced on a global level that we have moved on from were they left us
Completely agree with you. Wish they a had a scene where the local supercars sped past them
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:56   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
Completely agree with you. Wish they a had a scene where the local supercars sped past them
Iam not sure if they heed to such advices. But do you think they might be interested if we send them a mail or contact them through any other source and inform about the garages like VJM's garage, Sanghvi's vintage car collection, DC's moden car collection, or say Cannonball Club for that matter and ask them to cover it in their episode or rather just meet them.

EDIT: Iam not sure if his name is Sanghvi, but he is a vintage car collector in Indore and owns a Hyundai showroom.

Last edited by syedhafeez : 3rd October 2011 at 00:05.
syedhafeez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 00:10   #25
BHPian

does anyone have any sorts of idea or clue as to where they would be shooting next in mumbai ?

I really would like to see richard hammond and Jeremy
probably can have a mini tbhp meet to ? and make them come to know about the Mega Automotive family called as Team-Bhp?

If anyone would have contacts in Autocar then something can be arranged for.
Old 3rd October 2011, 00:11   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
Iam not sure if they heed to such advices. But do you think they might be interested if we send them a mail or contact them through any other source and inform about the garages like VJM's garage, Sanghvi's vintage car collection, DC's moden car collection, or say Cannonball Club for that matter and ask them to cover it in their episode or rather just meet them.

EDIT: Iam not sure if his name is Sanghvi, but he is a vintage car collector in Indore and owns a Hyundai showroom.
I doubt that'd happen. They have a fixed storyline for such special episodes n they adhere to it. They also try to keep everything as real life as possible. So I doubt they'd make changes in the script just to include a few supercars or vintage beauties. Also their episodes rarely involve anyone else, and revolve around the main 3 and their adventures wherever they go. You may try if want to, or ask the Cannonball guys to contact them, but I'm skeptical if the outcome would be in our favour
Old 3rd October 2011, 00:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

I happened to meet the trio yesterday night as they were checking in at the hotel, they were reasonably cheerful for people that had traveled a longgggg way.

When my jaw dropped at seeing Clarkson, my friends were all wondering why I was so awe-struck. None of them recognised him or knew of Top Gear Hammond and May followed a bit later and I did snap a few pics with them. Terrific guys to talk to, topped off a so-so saturday perfectly
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 00:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
I know! I could not believe it myself
I pointed out my Dad's old Beetle which was parked nearby, And my brother mentioned the Top Gear episode where they destroyed one (Dropped it from a helicopter in the desert). James was like "Did we?", And Hammond said "Oh, That was me, I did that". James then said "Sorry about that".
I wish i had asked them more questions, But we did not want to bug them too much.
Wow so cool. You even spoke to them ? Hammond and May replied . Unbelievable. I wouldn't know what to talk if I saw them. I'd be just pinching and asking myself if this was really happening. God I really envy you guys so bad. Meeting them is surely going to be on top of my wish list. God I hope I see them some where in my life time or by theirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I happened to meet the trio yesterday night as they were checking in at the hotel, they were reasonably cheerful for people that had traveled a longgggg way.

When my jaw dropped at seeing Clarkson, my friends were all wondering why I was so awe-struck. None of them recognised him or knew of Top Gear Hammond and May followed a bit later and I did snap a few pics with them. Terrific guys to talk to, topped off a so-so saturday perfectly
Please post the pics and kindly share what you spoke about if you don't mind.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd October 2011 at 21:19. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 00:40   #29
BHPian

Oh My God! This is Amazing! Considering the fact that this is a Christmas special, it is gonna be long! I really do hope they come over to Chennai! That would be awesome!
Old 3rd October 2011, 00:41   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Please post the pics and kindly share what you spoke about if you don't mind.
Not a problem. Apologies for the sublime picture quality, only had my phone on me. Was wishing I had carried my cam that evening!

Didn't talk to Clarkson much, he was rather irritable since all he really wanted was to run off and smoke a cigarette. Requested him to let me take a pic anyhow since I was a massive fan, and he simply said, "Everyone is." Wry British humor. Gotta love it. Handed the phone over to Hammond to take that pic, but he wasn't used to a BB. Poor guy looked all at sea.

Didn't ask them much or talk too much (it was early in the morning), but I did ask Hammond if they were here for the Christmas special. I already knew the answer to that, but I had to say something! One or two crew members were with them, so that was a give away. Talked to May last (he did roll in last, I'd have talked to him first if I could have since he is my favorite of the three). Was in a rush to get out, so I simply snapped the pic and told him I loved what he had done with his hair. Stupid sarcastic me

A friend of mine (a fellow T-Bhp'ian, don't remember his handle) was there with me. We were the only two that seemed to want to talk to them or even placed them. Either way, that's us in the pics, me in purple looking suave and savvy and him in a blue sweatshirt looking rather smug.
Attached Thumbnails
Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-clarkson.jpg  

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-james-may.jpg  

Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16-me-hammond.jpg  

Last edited by iliketurtles : 3rd October 2011 at 00:44. Reason: I blame Hammond for the fuzzy Clarkson pic. He shot it. If I bump into him again, I'm going to chastise him for that.
iliketurtles is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks