Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2011, 19:35   #106
BHPian

re: PICS : Top Gear shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16

The Love and respect what these guys are getting here in India probably they would have never got it from any where else
Old 4th October 2011, 21:28   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parishrut View Post
6:22 and train number 12955! That confirms they are off to Jaipur. The train arrives there at 12:50 tomoro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I can imagine what JC would comment about his train journey to Jaipur
I'm actually a bit disappointed that they're not doing a road trip. But i hope some Team-Bhp members in Jaipur manage to catch up to them and find out what they're up to there
Old 4th October 2011, 22:03   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Good Lord Clarkson is HUGE! Dippy looks so tiny in front him

This is awesome. Very sporting of the lads to go to Andheri station of all places where even a veteran of suburban Mumbai would hesitate to take a Premier Padmini let alone Jags and Minis!

Are they doing the expressway into Pune as well? Maybe we can wait for them here!
Yes Clarkson is indeed very very tall and Dippy, well not tall at all so its like a case of David and Goliath.

Unfortunately they are not doing a Pune run. They are currently in Jaipur and will head only northwards from there on.
Fireblader85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 23:30   #109
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Sorry for correcting you but it was Hammond who did that test.I hope they show the Himalayas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
AFAIR , It was Richard Hammond who drove the LP670 across Abu Dhabi , which ended in a race between the LP and the McLaren SLR 722 .
Oops my bad. That was a typo. May be I got a bit too excited while typing.

Thanks for the correction.
Old 4th October 2011, 23:55   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportygellar View Post
The Love and respect what these guys are getting here in India probably they would have never got it from any where else

Did you not watch the Middle East special???
Old 5th October 2011, 00:21   #111
BANNED

Can someone here please explain to me what all the fanaticism and zeal is about?

I'm not trying to offend anyone ,I watch their show and I like it for the quality, and I can't wait till the special is done, but why are they getting treated like Demi-gods? I mean, they're just writers.

Last edited by D33-PAC : 5th October 2011 at 00:31.
Old 5th October 2011, 01:08   #112
BHPian

@D33 PAC

Topgear is the world's most watched auto show,they are doing something right man.They might as well be the world's most watched stand up comedy show too! They are true petrolheads and that mean's something to us.Why do you like a filmstar? It is just the same way man.The content,the camaraderie,the bonkers challenges,the humor and most of all their three crazy presenters and then more gives the show a pizzazz that none have been able to match.Watch a Indian auto show and then watch TG and you know why we love them and treat them like celebrities.And Why the hell not? When we celebrate dumb actors and actresses in our movies who are on a movie just because they look good, why cant we treat a bunch of petrolheads who make us smile with joy everytime they are on telly? The enthusiasm among TopGear fans is such that people hate the fact that one season is ending and they are desperate to know the date when the next one starts!

I mean they are lot of people who love Topgear and their way of presenting an auto show and I think you should respect that.And for god-sake they are not writers they are bonkers petrolheads with a really gerat sense of humour man.Do you really watch Top Gear? If you haven't please watch their epic roadtrips to Vietnam,Africa,Bolivia or watch some of their challenges to understand what the show is about.

I mean do you really know what their job is? Their job is to drive,review,drift,slide,smoke and rev the nuts of cars,we all dream about and going by your posts you chase and photograph,and while at it engage us in some really good humour and banter! Is that not the Best ever job in the world for a petrolhead?

PS:Writers are not boring.There are quite a few writers who are celebrities in their own right like Agatha Christie,J.K.Rowling etc.

Last edited by Ascari : 5th October 2011 at 01:36.
Ascari is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 01:45   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascari View Post
@D33 PAC

Topgear is the world's most watched auto show,they are doing something right man.They might as well be the world's most watched stand up comedy show too!
If I remember correctly, its not the most watched auto-show in the world. Its the most watched TV show in the world. With a viewership of 350 million viewers per week.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_(2002_TV_series)
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 01:53   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC
Can someone here please explain to me what all the fanaticism and zeal is about?

I'm not trying to offend anyone ,I watch their show and I like it for the quality, and I can't wait till the special is done, but why are they getting treated like Demi-gods? I mean, they're just writers.
If there is one thing that bugs me about your post, it is how you condescendingly say 'just' writers. I'm sorry, but every profession deserves respect! Okay, so if writers aren't worthy enough to be loved and 'worshipped' so much, by your books, who is? Who do you treat like a Demi-god?

This thread reflects the enthusiasm of people who have for so long watched Top Gear travel all over the world, to finally see them in their own country! Heck, perhaps even meet them!
anekho is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 02:42   #115
BANNED

I was very wise in mentioning "I'm not trying to offend anyone".

I think Demi-god status is reserved for Gandhi and Mother Teresa, and others like them. But that's just my opinion. And we all have opinions. If those three are your Demi-gods, cool.

@ Ascari & Anekho: Thank you for your responses. Your zeal and fanaticism is understandable. Obviously it was portrayed in your posts, and it fueled your responses .And thank you for elaborating the definition "writer" . I can understand now.
Old 5th October 2011, 07:00   #116
BHPian

Quote:
@D33 PAC

I mean do you really know what their job is? Their job is to drive,review,drift,slide,smoke and rev the nuts of cars,we all dream about and going by your posts you chase and photograph,and while at it engage us in some really good humour and banter! Is that not the Best ever job in the world for a petrolhead?
Well to begin with, I am a fan of TopGear, I have seen the Australian and US version as well but none of them are like the British one. I agree with most of what you say.

But I believe, TG boarders entertainment rather than an actual Auto show. BBC has acknowledged several times in an interview that Top Gear was "an entertainment programme, and should not be taken seriously."
Yes, they review/test cars and they do it differently than others but they have also been accused of twisting facts many a times. Their review of the Tesla Roadster is one.

Probably their popularity is one reason for the added scrutiny as well.

Either ways, they make one heck of the team and are super fun to watch.
Old 5th October 2011, 09:44   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
I was very wise in mentioning "I'm not trying to offend anyone".

I think Demi-god status is reserved for Gandhi and Mother Teresa, and others like them. But that's just my opinion. And we all have opinions. If those three are your Demi-gods, cool.

@ Ascari & Anekho: Thank you for your responses. Your zeal and fanaticism is understandable. Obviously it was portrayed in your posts, and it fueled your responses .And thank you for elaborating the definition "writer" . I can understand now.

How could you not expect to offend somebody in a thread that is only filled with people who are swooning at the prospect of an india special, and getting to meet these guys?
Dedicatedly.

self included.

far left of the wall....
Old 5th October 2011, 10:16   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post

There could be just one reason - they get to do all the things that we desire to do with automobiles.

Live, Breathe, Drive cars !
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 10:37   #119
BANNED

Thank you so much for posting these. I posted some of the images here on my fb prof and some people seemed to really like it. As for the guy with the silly comment, We're just really big fans of the show and have been following them for years. So having them come to our country will of course naturally get us excited yes ? .
Old 5th October 2011, 10:48   #120
BHPian

Quote:
@D33 PAC
If you haven't please watch their epic roadtrips to Vietnam,Africa,Bolivia or watch some of their challenges to understand what the show is about.
Or the trip to north pole. Seriously how could you miss that!

Most Viewed