Team-BHP - Rolls-Royce launches new Ghost at a starting price of Rs 3.05 crore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Rolls-Royce launches new Ghost at a starting price of Rs 3.05 crore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/109007-rolls-royce-launches-new-ghost-starting-price-rs-3-05-crore.html)

Quote:

Ultra-luxury car-maker Rolls-Royce Motor Cars today launched a new variant of its Ghost model at a starting price of Rs 3.05 crore to tap the growing luxury car market in the country.

The Ghost Extended Wheelbase is powered by a 6.6 litre petrol engine and will be available in the market soon, the British company said here.
Source & Full Article : Source:Rolls-Royce launches new Ghost sedan variant - The Economic Times

That's a good move from Rolls'. Considering the fact that the chief rival, the Flying Spur is available only in LWB version which was an advantage over the Ghost cos mostly these are gonna be chauffeur-driven cars in India.

But if you give me an option, I'll pick the SWB. Looks so very proportionate and Yes, I prefer being at the wheel :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2533474)

But if you give me an option, I'll pick the SWB. Looks so very proportionate and Yes, I prefer being at the wheel :)

OMG!Behind the wheels of a Rolls?You should be behind the curtains of a Rolls.Always.As in ALWAYS!

Just imagine spending 3crores on a Rolls,taking it to a 5 star's grand porch and the hotel staff holding the rear door open expecting the owner to come out from the rear seat and you emerge from the driver's side?The staff would still peep into the rear seat:uncontrol:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by revintup (Post 2534352)
OMG!Behind the wheels of a Rolls?You should be behind the curtains of a Rolls.Always.As in ALWAYS!

Just imagine spending 3crores on a Rolls,taking it to a 5 star's grand porch and the hotel staff holding the rear door open expecting the owner to come out from the rear seat and you emerge from the driver's side?The staff would still peep into the rear seat:uncontrol:uncontrol

agree: If someone really needs to be behind the Wheel then he should get a Ferrari for himself not a Rolls :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportygellar (Post 2534356)
agree: If someone really needs to be behind the Wheel then he should get a Ferrari for himself not a Rolls :D

i read somewhere that Across the world rolls royce's owner prefer to drive it around rather than being driven around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revintup (Post 2534352)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportygellar (Post 2534356)
If someone really needs to be behind the Wheel then he should get a Ferrari for himself not a Rolls

I would have agreed hands down if it was for the Phantom. But the Ghost is THE driver's Rolls. As you all might be aware, it is a 760Li wearing a Rolls' fancy dress. Why pay this much for a sporty-supersaloon and let my chauffeur have the fruits? i.e the 6.0 Bi-Turbo V12.

Go to U.S and Europe, you'll see most of the well off people driving their cars no matter if it is a Rolls or a Bentley. This chauffeur-driven keeda is mainly the part of the great Indian outlook, where driving ones own car is considered as a disgrace.

The very reason why in all western countries the standard option is SWB (750i, S500, A8, XJ etc) and in India the standard is LWB (750Li, S500L, A8L, XJ-L etc) :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2534382)
This chauffeur-driven keeda is mainly the part of the great Indian outlook, where driving ones own car is considered as a disgrace.

Not really. Most Indians that own large/luxury sedans use them for commutes to work primarily. And we all know what driving in India is like.

The mental energy spent and stress of maneuvering through traffic in India just doesn't compare to driving in America, Europe, or the developed East.

Plus, if you can afford an S500 in India, chances are your time is very valuable. 2 hours spent driving to and from work could be put to a lot of other use, which is how most people, if not all that own these cars operate.

And low(er) wages make it very affordable to have a chauffeur.

Recap: I don't think it is an arrogance/disgrace issue at all.