Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2012, 13:03   #1726
BHPian

Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

this is the photo published, the question is it hers? if yes, shes probably the only bollywood star to acquire one (besides aishwaryas family owned one)..IMO
Old 1st October 2012, 14:05   #1727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
this is the photo published, the question is it hers? if yes, shes probably the only bollywood star to acquire one (besides aishwaryas family owned one)..IMO
Kim sharma's husband has fleet of rolls royce, bentley x6, ferraris, private jets etc

http://www.kenyanlist.com/kls-listing-show.php?id=44552
Old 1st October 2012, 14:23   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Kim sharma's husband has fleet of rolls royce, bentley x6, ferraris, private jets etc

Be it as it may, that's in Kenya, vikram. I wouldnt be surprised, for example if a Priyanka or Shilpa shetty has one in UK or the USA. But Karisma Kapoor, if she has indeed bought it, shes made it on her own and it probably isnt her husbands car, as they are separated.

As this thread is related to Bollywood stars and Bollywood is synonymous with Mumbai, hence it has more relevance that Karisma Kapoor is the first Bollywood actress to get an RR.
Old 1st October 2012, 23:35   #1729
BHPian

Quote:

, I thought Kim's husband is a chap named Vivek who lives and work in India itself. In the link you pasted it is said that her Kenyan husband paid 80 Million as dowry for Kim Sharma, at that kind of money i would go for Kim Kadarshain; if i was in his shoes.

Last edited by carheadbanger : 1st October 2012 at 23:40.
carheadbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:51   #1730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
Thats Sunny and Anu Dewans Ghost. And it was the only rolls at the party. Karishma was probably being chauffeured to the party when the pic was shot.

Last edited by Tuner : 2nd October 2012 at 11:53.
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:21   #1731
BANNED

Quote:

buying a super car in other countries is not a big ask. IF you ask me, with the kind of money i make here, i can easily afford a lambo gallardo in other country.. But here, I can't. So owning something that big in India is something which makes it exclusive.

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 3rd October 2012 at 12:23.
Old 4th October 2012, 00:15   #1732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
buying a super car in other countries is not a big ask. IF you ask me, with the kind of money i make here, i can easily afford a lambo gallardo in other country.. But here, I can't. So owning something that big in India is something which makes it exclusive.
Actually owning a supercar is exclusive anywhere in the world. Even in India a Gallardo costs twice that of UK/US so for a person who can afford to pay 1.5cr in UK, he/she should be able to pay 2.75-3cr in India. If you talk about a used supercar then yes its far cheaper to BUY abroad than in India however there are a number of things like Insurance, yearly inspections, road tax, breakdown service, servicing which not many people take into consideration.
Brabus E V12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 17:56   #1733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
Ranbir Kapoor's A8L W12 during a promotional event for Barfi!

Note : Plates are not blanked out since it was a public event.
I normally don't frequent this part of the forum, so may have missed it. A couple of years ago, around 2010, I was outside my building on waterfield road, bandra, around 1 am in the night. There used to be an all night medicine store on the ground floor of my building. A nice white range rover came, and parked itself, and a tall thin bearded guy got out and went to the medicine store, bought some stuff. I was standing and staring at the car (not too common then). He stood and stared at me. after a couple of seconds, of mutually staring we went our ways. Next day i see mumbai mirror's special feature on ranbir kapoor's new bearded look, and am like - ok.
Old 4th October 2012, 20:39   #1734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin
A nice white range rover came, and parked itself, and a tall thin bearded guy got out and went to the medicine store, bought some stuff. I was standing and staring at the car (not too common then).
Rangie not too common back in 2010? Are you kidding me?
Old 4th October 2012, 22:31   #1735
BHPian

Quote:
Rangie not too common back in 2010? Are you kidding me?
He must be speaking in relative terms. Rangie was definitely not SO common back then. I dont think there is any need to make a big fuss out of the statement. Peace !!
Old 4th October 2012, 23:59   #1736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleno7811
He must be speaking in relative terms. Rangie was definitely not SO common back then. I dont think there is any need to make a big fuss out of the statement. Peace !!
Oh okay. Don't worry, I'm not making a fuss , if you feel so. There's definitely one Rangie which is still very rare - the 1.4 Cr Supercharged V8
Old 6th October 2012, 10:29   #1737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There's definitely one Rangie which is still very rare - the 1.4 Cr Supercharged V8
Bombay alone has 10 or 12 of them and Throughout India there would be more..I wont call them Rare by any means. They are Gas Guzzlers and dont really make sense for everyday practical use for the normal buyer. By the way the Vogue tdv8 comes close to the figure you have mentioned for the supercharged.
Old 7th October 2012, 00:53   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy

Bombay alone has 10 or 12 of them and Throughout India there would be more..I wont call them Rare by any means. They are Gas Guzzlers and dont really make sense for everyday practical use for the normal buyer. By the way the Vogue tdv8 comes close to the figure you have mentioned for the supercharged.
Surprisingly, I have seen far more Vogue TDV8s, but only 1 supercharged Rangie so far. Perhaps diesel vs petrol prices has such a large impact.
Old 7th October 2012, 11:27   #1739
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Indeed. As per the new import tax structure. The RangeRover vogue v8 diesel is costing a whopping 1.45 crores on ROAD...man the vehicle does not even deserve the half of that cost in terms of value for money. The exterior and interior is no value for money except the brand. My cousin has a white colored vogue in banglore. He recently bought a evoque too. He tells me the evoque turns more heads anywhere he drives it compared to the V8 diesel which is more than double the price of a evoque.
ravelsnip@gmail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2012, 11:39   #1740
Senior - BHPian

But the Evogue is also neither VFM. Actually any car which is a CBU can never be VFM and are usually depreciation disasters compared to locally assembled ones.

If if someone bought the Range Rover Vogue for turning heads, it does not sound right. At that price point or lesser there are much better options for buying a head-turning symbol.

Most Viewed