Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2013, 01:59   #1816
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
It's the Audi R8 V10 Spyder. Don't know if that was gifted to him by Audi too.
This is the Audi demo car, Pre-facelift. Not sure if its the v10 sypder. The dealer claims it wasn't gifted to him and the car has been used for media events for over a year. Perhaps that's why there has been no press meet of the car with him yet. Or maybe they are waiting for the R8 fire episode to die down. I haven't seen many press ads for the face lifted R8 either.
Old 19th February 2013, 02:17   #1817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
So Audi gifts cars to celebs so their cars are seen and endorsed by them without the huge endorsement deals. And said megastar got so tiffed with Audi that he goes and does them a favor by buying himself one ? Please stop going by hearsay
I know what I'm saying, mate. Audi does gift cars to stars across the country.

Take Salman's Q7, Yuvi's Q5 (which I heard was replaced by an R8 when he topped up just 20lacs over the car), Suriya/Sarathkumar's A7 etc and maybe even John's A7 (who was plugging the brand).

Only in Kerala, the dealer, instead of giving the car to a celebrity, gave it off to a priced customer. This mega star was to get the car circa the time of his son's wedding and his tiff was with the dealer, not Audi (who initially chose him for the car) hence he got one from Audi Bangalore. It is KA regn even.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiransri_bng View Post
Hi Scorcher

was it Sharath Kumar or Suriya who was gifted the A7.
I heard Sarathkumar too got one in Champagne Beige. Audi does seem very generous in an effort to making a mark in the Indian market.
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 09:03   #1818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post

Apparently Saif is going to be Audi's new brand ambassador.
Really ??? Its almost like they ran out of people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post

Take Salman's Q7, Yuvi's Q5 (which I heard was replaced by an R8 when he topped up just 20lacs over the car), Suriya/Sarathkumar's A7 etc and maybe even John's A7 (who was plugging the brand).

Only in Kerala, the dealer, instead of giving the car to a celebrity, gave it off to a priced customer. This mega star was to get the car circa the time of his son's wedding and his tiff was with the dealer, not Audi (who initially chose him for the car) hence he got one from Audi Bangalore. It is KA regn even.

I heard Sarathkumar too got one in Champagne Beige. Audi does seem very generous in an effort to making a mark in the Indian market.
What exactly do you mean by 'gift' ? Im clueless about how it is down south but everyone else you mentioned has been associated with Audi at some or the other point of time. The cars might just be a part of the deal.
"i endorse xyz of your models or your brand in itself & give me an xyz variant instead of the money". Why is that so hard to imagine ?
Yes the R8 scene means that Audi are under fire (pun intended) but that still doesn't quite explain them going on a gifting spree. Makes NO economic sense at all.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 19th February 2013 at 09:06.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 11:05   #1819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Audi does not gift cars, all cars are bought. The Audi page says gift to themselves and not gifted to.

Quote:
Salman, Yuvraj, John, Ravi Shastri have all bought the cars maybe at a discount but no one was gifted anything by Audi.

The Red R8 V10 Spyder was used for the Promo of Race 2 as Audi was the official car manufacturer assosiated with the Movie. The same red R8 spyder was also present for the SCC event and belongs to Audi India.
Old 19th February 2013, 13:24   #1820
BHPian

if audi has gifted to him post the release of Race 2, that could be a possibility in my opinion. As that could be part of his endorsement arrangement, to be their Brand Ambassador.
Old 19th February 2013, 13:38   #1821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
What exactly do you mean by 'gift' ? Im clueless about how it is down south but everyone else you mentioned has been associated with Audi at some or the other point of time. The cars might just be a part of the deal.
As far as I know, none of the celebs who were "given" an Audi has anything to do with the brand otherwise, nor were they plugging any event.

From the said list, Mammootty, Suriya and John Abraham at some point used to have Audis, maybe that was a criteria, but then Sararthkumar was using a E60 5er previously.

The only celeb I know of who actually plugged an Audi event, the Q3 launch (coupled with the Q-cars off road stage) was Suresh Gopi and I don't think he received a car for that despite him owning a Q7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Audi does not gift cars, all cars are bought. The Audi page says gift to themselves and not gifted to.
Ridiculous!
Quote:
The Red R8 V10 Spyder was used for the Promo of Race 2 as Audi was the official car manufacturer assosiated with the Movie. The same red R8 spyder was also present for the SCC event and belongs to Audi India.
Aren't we missing something here? The launch/Race2 promo/SCC event R8 was a V10 coupe. The car being mentioned here is a red convertible.
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-2013audir8launchinindiabyrace2starcast2.jpg  

Old 19th February 2013, 13:48   #1822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Salman, Yuvraj, John, Ravi Shastri have all bought the cars maybe at a discount but no one was gifted anything by Audi.
Not sure about the rest but Salman has pretty much made it obvious that the car was gifted, watch this

In this case it is a movie promotion, it is usually part of the deal wherein the car is showcased in the movie and in exchange an advertising fee is paid as well as some free vehicles. Not sure if they would otherwise gift it.
Old 19th February 2013, 13:53   #1823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
John Abraham at some point used to have Audis.
I believe the Q7 was Johns first assosiation with the Brand. I am not sure but someone mentioned he had gifted his then Girl friend Bipasha a Q7 before.

Quote:
Aren't we missing something here? The launch/Race2 promo/SCC event R8 was a V10 coupe. The car being mentioned here is a red convertible.
Please do go to the thread of the SCC event and you shall see the pics of both the Pre facelift red R8 Spyder and the Displayed Post facelift red R8 coupe. The Spyder was driven for the drive too.

The New R8 launch was mixed with the Stars of Race 2 to glamorize the event. Saif was said to have come for the event in the Prefacelift Red R8 spyder.
Old 19th February 2013, 14:15   #1824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please do go to the thread of the SCC event and you shall see the pics of both the Pre facelift red R8 Spyder and the Displayed Post facelift red R8 coupe. The Spyder was driven for the drive too.

The New R8 launch was mixed with the Stars of Race 2 to glamorize the event. Saif was said to have come for the event in the Prefacelift Red R8 spyder.
Oh that. When MP said Saif ordered an R8 Spider, I thought it would be the new facelifted car.
Old 19th February 2013, 14:17   #1825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As far as I know, none of the celebs who were "given" an Audi has anything to do with the brand otherwise, nor were they plugging any event.

From the said list, Mammootty, Suriya and John Abraham at some point used to have Audis, maybe that was a criteria, but then Sararthkumar was using a E60 5er previously.
I already said im unaware of whats the scene down south. Yuvraj Singh being given a Q5 for whatever reason and him paying over & above the car to go in for an R8 meant he is now associated with the brand as a customer atleast. I dont see why else would he pose for the shutterbugs in a bright red Audi tshirt alongside Ravi Shastri etc.
'As far as i know' speaks volumes doesn't it ? They arent exactly obliged to disclose anything to the public are they ?
At the end of the day its mere speculation. Even im not sure of anything per say its just that gifting for no reason didnt seem to make sense.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 14:52   #1826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh that. When MP said Saif ordered an R8 Spider, I thought it would be the new facelifted car.
I am talking about his using and not owning the pre facelift R8 spyder. If he has ordered a car post the launch of the new Facelifted R8, then he would get the new one. I have also heard he was looking at another brand altogether but i am not sure of this.
Old 19th February 2013, 16:32   #1827
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
This is the Audi demo car, Pre-facelift. Not sure if its the v10 sypder.
It is the V10 spyder. There are no V8 spyder's in India.

Quote:
I believe the Q7 was Johns first assosiation with the Brand. I am not sure but someone mentioned he had gifted his then Girl friend Bipasha a Q7 before.
Not sure about the gifting part but in one of his interviews he said he convinced Bipasha to get rid of her Cayenne & get the Q7.
Old 19th February 2013, 23:10   #1828
BHPian

Quote:

Didn't Ravi Shastri win an Audi in a cricket tournament a few decades back? Or you're talking of a different car?
Old 20th February 2013, 03:38   #1829
Senior - BHPian

Note From Support - Guys Lets avoid getting into who gifted what to whom. As long as the stars have a car worth mentioning here, lets just post that. Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 11:24   #1830
BHPian

Sonu Sood got himself a dark blue Porsche Panamera.

Most Viewed