Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2013, 23:21   #1906
BHPian

Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Wow! Those are fantastic looking rims on the Phantom. How do people expect to get away from such scams after being so flashy!!
Those are Mansory's...

Pic from the Mansory website - http://www.mansory.com/node/1039

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-rr_ghost_alloy.jpg
funkydevil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 23:48   #1907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow! Those are fantastic looking rims on the Phantom. How do people expect to get away from such scams after being so flashy!!
Why for every one caught close to 2 billion get away!!! Khao india khao, there is a scamster in all our genes, I believe Oxford dictionary is soon going to include ghotala as a word for scams.

It's funny you make such a comment where have you been? in a cave!? perhaps to busy surrounded by them beauties " gods knows I would be blinded" whilst more than half them cars being delivered from where you are at are either going to black marketeers, tax evaders, corrupt politicos, road/infra contractors, dalals, fixers, god men...etc etc etc. In fact the smaller the scam the easier it will be to get busted or be busted to set an example so her next scam should go in for minimum 100 crores. The mantra is "the larger the scam the higher probability you will get out on bail after 1 year or so and be forgotten". And guess what you know who is to blame? YOU & I

I bet if you asked that women to say mansory, you and I will fall of chairs hearing it. Such is the irony of life

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th May 2013 at 09:08. Reason: Only two emoticons per post please.
canonball is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 00:35   #1908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
Actress Leena Maria Paul (who will soon be seen in John Abraham's Madras Café) has allegedly duped Canara Bank in Chennai to the tune of Rs 19 crore this year and indulged in her passion for high-end cars. She is said to have bought 9 of them including a Rolls Royce Phantom, a Nissan GTR, an AM Vantage, a Hummer and an Evo X.
Going by the list wonder what the other four cars are?!

Courtesy: http://manipalworldnews.com/2013/05/...-the-proceeds/
OMG. That Aston is the kolkata car that belonged to a Team bhpian.
Old 30th May 2013, 01:12   #1909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actress Leena Maria Paul (who will soon be seen in John Abraham's Madras Café) has allegedly duped Canara Bank in Chennai to the tune of Rs 19 crore this year and indulged in her passion for high-end cars. She is said to have bought 9 of them including a Rolls Royce Phantom, a Nissan GTR, an AM Vantage, a Hummer and an Evo X.
All these cars must have been bought in the last few months. I've seen her in a few malayalam films, released last year, doing small character roles which wouldn't earn her more than a few lakhs.
Old 30th May 2013, 08:54   #1910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Why for every one caught close to 2 billion get away!!! Khao india khao, there is a scamster in all our genes, I believe Oxford dictionary is soon going to include ghotala as a word for scams.

It's funny you make such a comment where have you been? in a cave!? perhaps to busy surrounded by them beauties " gods knows I would be blinded" whilst more than half them cars being delivered from where you are at are either going to black marketeers, tax evaders, corrupt politicos, road/infra contractors, dalals, fixers, god men...etc etc etc. In fact the smaller the scam the easier it will be to get busted or be busted to set an example so her next scam should go in for minimum 100 crores. The mantra is "the larger the scam the higher probability you will get out on bail after 1 year or so and be forgotten". And guess what you know who is to blame? YOU & I

I bet if you asked that women to say mansory, you and I will fall of chairs hearing it. Such is the irony of life
Hahaha.. definitely not in a Cave. But the fact that she bought a Phantom and she is not even known in the industry is why I made the comment. Sure there are a lot of scams happening,todays newspaper in Mumbai has an article mentioning how a pretty 21 year old girl duped several buyers on the pretext of selling cheap flats to the tune of 55 Crores in 5 months!! As for this so called 'Actress' buying a Phantom was a big mistake as it immediately puts you in the Radar of these watch dogs, and she really is stupid to flaunt such high end vehicles. The 'Word' spreads around sir!

EDIT: Just had an Eureka moment after seeing the video clip, the Phantom is none other than the Mobile Store Phantom!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-333.jpg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-akbar090.jpg  

Last edited by Maverick5490 : 30th May 2013 at 09:01.
Maverick5490 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 10:44   #1911
Senior - BHPian

Why are you covering your face Leena? Google just showed me who you are.

Quote:
EDIT: Just had an Eureka moment after seeing the video clip, the Phantom is none other than the Mobile Store Phantom!!!
Hey, that's a nice find. But you gotta give it to her. She saved a Phantom. Respect!
AyAn! is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 10:58   #1912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Hey, that's a nice find. But you gotta give it to her. She saved a Phantom. Respect!
Well the car was in Mumbai for a long time with the second owner who rescued her and got her repainted. So I guess she was the 3rd owner, was really wondering how was she able to procure a new Phantom. Looks like all her cars are 2nd/3rd hand as buying a new one would require lot of documentation.
Maverick5490 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 11:01   #1913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
You would also be knowing very well then that the Calcutta Industrialist sold the very car last October to a Pune Builder.
The Pune builder then sold it to someone in Bombay and then it reached Delhi.
Old 30th May 2013, 11:18   #1914
Senior - BHPian

I felt the wheels although same design looked like knock offs!? at first sight with the black surrounds etc, also they look inset at the back, not to mention the car had no vents like the one in your pics. But i did not say anything else folks would jump at my ignorance, and the fact that I don't follow the RR brand. She seems to be smarter than we think! 2nd kharida, will be interesting to learn how she gets away with it.
Old 30th May 2013, 11:35   #1915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
I felt the wheels although same design looked like knock offs!? at first sight with the black surrounds etc, also they look inset at the back, not to mention the car had no vents like the one in your pics. But i did not say anything else folks would jump at my ignorance, and the fact that I don't follow the RR brand. She seems to be smarter than we think! 2nd kharida, will be interesting to learn how she gets away with it.

Well the car in the Mansory pic is the Rolls Royce Ghost. The kit comes with new bumpers, exhaust tips, mini spoiler and side vents. We had fitted one such kit minus the wheels in a PB regd Mumbai Ghost.The ones on the Phantom look similar to the pic from Mansory site and could actually be Knock-off's.
Old 30th May 2013, 12:49   #1916
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Her boyfriend is the one who likes cars. He is an ace conman and has been arrested twice for impersonating Karunadhi's grandson and the Karnataka CM. His "legacy" is here

More on the case today

http://bangaloremirror.com/article/1...years-ago.html

Rumour has it that the underworld use him and also protect him.

I bet half those cars may not be fully paid for!
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 12:53   #1917
Senior - BHPian

Correct me if I'm wrong, is that white AM V8 Vantage (WB regd) an ex-Bhpian car?
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 13:03   #1918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
You would also be knowing very well then that the Calcutta Industrialist sold the very car last October to a Pune Builder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, is that white AM V8 Vantage (WB regd) an ex-Bhpian car?

Yes, as mentioned by Pancham and cityvic, the AM has been places, and now her future looks very grim. :(
Maverick5490 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 14:20   #1919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Ofcourse I know that. That is why I wrote "belonged" you see.
Old 30th May 2013, 17:09   #1920
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Saif's R8 V10 Spyder
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-saifonthesetsofextrainnings_596817.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-saifalikhan_kareenakapoor__603043.jpg
Aamir's Land Cruiser
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-karanjohar_aamirkhan__603449.jpg
Ranbir's G63
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-ranbirkapoor__602383.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
I guess it was originally MP reg & had participated in one of the editions of the Supercar Rally.
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-copy-dsc06126.jpg
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed